You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 283>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:50am
Everyone raving about the 'Killing' in the past must be the Danish original because the American version based in Seattle is sh*te to be honest. 

On another note anyone watch the series 'Guilt' that was on BBC a few months ago. On RTE this week. I thought it was eccellent. Black comedy about two brothers who knock down an old man. 
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 11:03am
Originally posted by reddladd reddladd wrote:

Everyone raving about the 'Killing' in the past must be the Danish original because the American version based in Seattle is sh*te to be honest. 

On another note anyone watch the series 'Guilt' that was on BBC a few months ago. On RTE this week. I thought it was eccellent. Black comedy about two brothers who knock down an old man. 

RL the Danish one are up there with spiral the bridge etc - never seen the American ones
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

f**kin hell this is bad 

Yeah it was awful. Did someone say it was the same writers from the InBetweeners? They used a few of the same actors alright but it was a struggle to get through the episode. Not sure if I'd be bothered giving it another shot next week.

Your man Richard from the first movie was the hard man bollock naked in the dressing room and f**king awful at it too. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Has any television show about football been good?

"The Renford Rejects" ? LOL

"Dream Team" has a cult following although I think you would agree that it's more of a "this show is so bad it's good" kind of thing. A pal of mine still loves it.

Ah dream team was class as a teenager. The early seasons when in was more focussed on the youth team were my favourite and the first couple when they focussed on the main team. Got a bit sh*t around season 6.

I also felt we were cheated when they won the FA cup and used the same header from a different angle as a second goal 

Edited by t_rAndy - 29 May 2020 at 3:49pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2020 at 9:31pm

f**kin hell this is bad 

Yeah it was awful. Did someone say it was the same writers from the InBetweeners? They used a few of the same actors alright but it was a struggle to get through the episode. Not sure if I'd be bothered giving it another shot next week.
Just realised that Justin Williamson has a cameo in it. I will have to watch it for that.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 9:41pm
Recommended: Dirty Money 
Have watched three of the shows. It's completely different stories each time unrelated to the rest of the shows. 

Dirty Money is a Netflix original television series which tells stories of corporate corruption, securities fraud, and creative accounting. All six one-hour long episodes began streaming on Netflix on January 26, 2018. The show's executive producers include Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker Alex Gibney. Wikipedia
It would damage this forums' reputation
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2020 at 10:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

f**kin hell this is bad 

Just realised that Justin Williamson has a cameo in it. I will have to watch it for that.

Not worth it
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 12:12am
Series 8 of still game on netflix
AKA pedantic kunt
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 1:28am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Series 8 of still game on netflix

Thought it was poor. 

They got a bit lazy with the writing too. For example, the gag in one episode where Winston randomly yells out "South Africa !!!" and frightens the lads was originally done (and was much funnier) in the c1999 stage show. If you haven't already seen it, check out the original stage version of "Still Game". It was very good and is basically just Jack, Victor and Winston sitting in Victor's living room arguing about daft wee things. It should still be on YouTube.

The first three series of Still Game are just superb and can't be beaten. 

What was so damn good about these three series was that the stories were very simple, the characters were similar to people we all know from our own families (for example, Isa reminds me of my Gran, Tam is like my Uncle Alex, Jack is like my late Great Uncle Davie) and it dealt with issues that really matter to OAPs such as loneliness, money problems, boredom, drifting apart from their family, the loss of a spouse etc.

Then the wobble started. Every episode of series four was plain awful. Lots of horrible gross out gags that were completely out of place and the episode where Davie the bus drivers depression is basically used for comedic purposes does not look good today at all.

Series five and six were mostly a good return to form and have two of my favourite episodes where the lads attempt to "decorate" Isa's flat and another where they go fishing on the River Kelvin. Tam and Frances having a baby in their seventies was a bloody stupid storyline though and I think they came to realise that themselves because they actually wrote the baby out of the later series completely as though it had never happened !

Series seven and eight were mediocre, by this stage they were just phoning it in. 

As for the final series nine, poor too but for the exception of the final two episodes which were very good and saw things wrapped up in just the right way. I admit I got a wee bit emotional at the end of the very last episode. LOL

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 01 Jun 2020 at 1:39am
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2020 at 11:47pm
' Still Game ' was magic, I loved it as a series. It did have the odd blip-not only the disappearing baby as mentioned, but the Clansman becoming Jenny's and then the Clansman again with no explanation for that either-and because it lasted so long the episodes did dip in quality at times, but overall it was one of the most enjoyable series for years. Great cast and great fun and indeed a remarkably poignant ending.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 7:34am

f**kin hell this is bad 

Your man Richard from the first movie was the hard man bollock naked in the dressing room and f**king awful at it too. 

That’s an unfortunate turn of phrase 
AKA pedantic kunt
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

' Still Game ' was magic, I loved it as a series. It did have the odd blip-not only the disappearing baby as mentioned, but the Clansman becoming Jenny's and then the Clansman again with no explanation for that either-and because it lasted so long the episodes did dip in quality at times, but overall it was one of the most enjoyable series for years. Great cast and great fun and indeed a remarkably poignant ending.
There was a whole episode explaining why it became 'Jenny's'! 
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 8:53am
Yes, but none as to why it ceased to and reverted to the Clansman.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:43am
Originally posted by Green Cockade Green Cockade wrote:

Yes, but none as to why it ceased to and reverted to the Clansman.
Because comedy shows often don't work to dramatic timeline. That is why the two lads are the same age throughout the show. There is only occasional mention to anything that has happened previously, and only then when relevant to the episode's storyline.
Some comedies use timeframes to set the situation, but most, especially those in the classic 'British' style don't. I think people who grew up with the late eighties and nineties American sitcom formula have difficulty when shows aren't linear or sequential, as the OFAH thread on here often shows. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2020 at 11:01pm
Watched The Imposter there 
Strange story but watchable 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 7:49pm
Has anyone watched the Lance Armstrong 30 for 30? IMO, it's given us the TV moment of the year.

He's giving a motivational speech to his sons college football team and goes "I'm proud of 48", referring to his son's number. Except his son doesn't wear 48, he wears 35 LOL
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 11:27pm
Watching a series from 1991 called GBH. Written by Alan Bleasdale, starring Robert Lindsay, Michael Palin and Lindsay Duncan among others. Excellent.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2020 at 11:35pm
Started watching Space Force today.... Not the best but not the worst 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 283>
  Share Topic