You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 283>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:05pm
Watching the Assasination of Gianni Versace at the minute. Only three episodes on but it is quality and pretty chilling.
Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:38pm
Twenty years late, but I’ve  finally started on “The Sopranos”, and I’ve been devouring it. Great show, and we’ll worthy of the reputation it built up. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

Twenty years late, but I’ve  finally started on “The Sopranos”, and I’ve been devouring it. Great show, and we’ll worthy of the reputation it built up. 

That and Curb Your Enthusiasm are the two best tv shows to ever come out of the U.S. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

That and Curb Your Enthusiasm are the two best tv shows to ever come out of the U.S. 

Love Curb. Really hilarious.

What I see with The Sopranos is the model that has made modern TV so fantastic and the model that has made terrestrial redundant. I see is the first instance of a show which can suck you in and demands resolution. I see where shows like Narcos, Shameless (US) etc were born. It’s remarkable.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 12:52pm
Shameless (US) can get in the sea.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I always felt it was a show that transferred well and wasn’t a horrendous US replication of a show that was successful in the UK.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:30pm

I’ve not seen it but was wondering if it would stand the test of time.
Definitely worth watching?

I got burnt really badly a few years ago watching every series of Lost. It still hurts me today.

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I got burnt really badly a few years ago watching every series of Lost. It still hurts me today.

I really think it is. Not only is JG absolutely remarkable, the entire cast are fantastic. It also has never really laboured storylines (so far) and it has a very broad range or story arcs. Like I said, it’s very obvious how influential the show is, and for the number of reasons it is.
PaddyDaCulchie View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyDaCulchie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 1:56pm

I really think it is. Not only is JG absolutely remarkable, the entire cast are fantastic. It also has never really laboured storylines (so far) and it has a very broad range or story arcs. Like I said, it’s very obvious how influential the show is, and for the number of reasons it is.

I watched 1 episode when it came out first and didnt watch it again for 10 years when I watched episode 1 season 2 on sky atlantic and loved it. Season 1 first few episodes can be a slow burner but once ya get into it it's great. Was working away in liverpool for few months earlier this year, used to go back and get showered, make a bit of food and binge on the Sopranos, never loses its edge, so much packed into it that you watch an episode for 10th time and still cant remember half of it.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:25pm
motherland on BBC iplayer
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

I enjoyed the first series, is there a new one? 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 2:44pm

I always felt it was a show that transferred well and wasn’t a horrendous US replication of a show that was successful in the UK.
I thought it was horrendous! I adored the original though.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 3:01pm

Without spoiling it for you, the only character that is a weak link is Sylvio. Steven Van Zant is a terrible actor imo. He overdoes it to the point that he's an SNL version of a mafioso. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 3:18pm

Without spoiling it for you, the only character that is a weak link is Sylvio. Steven Van Zant is a terrible actor imo. He overdoes it to the point that he's an SNL version of a mafioso. 

I’ve always wondered if that is just his role as almost a hyper stereotype?
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 3:21pm

yeah second series on Iplayer for the next 27 days - just as good (Horgan and Linehan part of the writing team)
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 5:43pm

yeah second series on Iplayer for the next 27 days - just as good (Horgan and Linehan part of the writing team)
Cheers, will watch that.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 5:44pm

I loved him, possibly my favourite character! Lilyhammer is supposed to be good too, where he plays a similar role.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2019 at 6:35pm

I loved him, possibly my favourite character! Lilyhammer is supposed to be good too, where he plays a similar role.

Agreed! Silvio was my favourite character too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 136137138139140 283>
  Share Topic