You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What tv show/box set you watching ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 283>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2018 at 5:12pm
Early doors - the pub sitcom is coming to the stage but no sign of any Irish dates
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2018 at 12:24am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

3 episodes into Save Me on sky Atlantic
Very good so far

Finished it last night. When I started it I didn't think I'd enjoy it but it's very good. 

Stephen Graham's character is a good one. The show deals with topics you'd never generally see covered in other series.

Downgrading my review to a 'worth a watch'. It has a lot of strong points, but is also very messy/all over the place
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2018 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Very good so far

Finished it last night. When I started it I didn't think I'd enjoy it but it's very good. 

Stephen Graham's character is a good one. The show deals with topics you'd never generally see covered in other series.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Watched the first three episodes of the Sky Atlantic series 'Save Me'.
Would recommend it. Set in London about a teenager that goes missing and her estranged father is accused of her abduction. Follows the story mostly from the estranged father's side. Very well acted and looking forward to the twist that is for sure to come.

Finished it at the weekend. Was very good, well worth a watch
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 2:45pm
Watched the first three episodes of the Sky Atlantic series 'Save Me'.
Would recommend it. Set in London about a teenager that goes missing and her estranged father is accused of her abduction. Follows the story mostly from the estranged father's side. Very well acted and looking forward to the twist that is for sure to come.

rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 3:04pm
Season 2 of Atlanta started back a few days ago.
First season was excellent.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 10:07am
The shame is that there is a good series in their story. I can see why there was an attraction for television producers, it is a shame that they made it with such bad casts, scripts and tinged with bad humour.
They are unlikely to be bothered though, seeing as it is popular enough for cocaine-fuelled ****s to spend Saturday nights acting the muppet in town centres across England.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 9:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Just watched the first episode of the first season of Peaky Blinders and not impressed. 

It just doesn't seem believable that it's set in the early 20th century. The characters just seem too modern to be convincing. There's no chemistry between them. I'm surprised it's got a unanimous positive reviews in the media. 

Cillian Sheridan's Birmingham accent is a bit all over the place and you can hear his natural accent at times. 

It's well produced, shot and acted but not convincing at all. One of the scenes with a barmaid trying to get a job and she breaks into song while cleaning up the bar just seemed a bit too ridiculous.

Wouldn't be arsed watching the rest of it. 

Very accurate Muff, although I don't think Sheridan is in it! and it gets worse as the scripts become silly too. It is baffling how it is a success, other than it clicked with how arseholes like to dress on a Saturday night.It just feels like a bad comedy, especially Sam Neill.

Cillian Sheridan. ffs

Tbh it wouldn't make it any less believable if The Streets did a guest appearance in it.

Boardwalk Empire has that similarly polished look and is set in and around the same time but does a way better job of with the characters after the first two seasons (Eli's relationship with his jealous brother).They seem a lot more representative of the prohibition era that's it's set in.

Edited by irishmufc - 04 Mar 2018 at 9:53am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:19am
Very good so far
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:14am
On a somewhat related note, I've been watching 'Auf Wiedersehen,Pet' from the start and Cillian Murphy could take lessons from Christopher Fairbank on how to do an accent. A lad from just outside London plays a Scouser, one with a stutter in the first two series, flawlessly. It is also, one or two tortured intros aside, as well as some badly aged English style country music, an excellent example of a comedy drama which develops human characters while remaining humorous.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 8:02am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Just watched the first episode of the first season of Peaky Blinders and not impressed. 

It just doesn't seem believable that it's set in the early 20th century. The characters just seem too modern to be convincing. There's no chemistry between them. I'm surprised it's got a unanimous positive reviews in the media. 

Cillian Sheridan's Birmingham accent is a bit all over the place and you can hear his natural accent at times. 

It's well produced, shot and acted but not convincing at all. One of the scenes with a barmaid trying to get a job and she breaks into song while cleaning up the bar just seemed a bit too ridiculous.

Very accurate Muff, although I don't think Sheridan is in it! and it gets worse as the scripts become silly too. It is baffling how it is a success, other than it clicked with how arseholes like to dress on a Saturday night.It just feels like a bad comedy, especially Sam Neill.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2018 at 2:04am

Edited by irishmufc - 04 Mar 2018 at 2:08am
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Dark on Netflix, a German tv show about a small town and some time travel / disappearing kids in a nuclear town.

It's a very good show if you ask me. Hard to follow at times. The music in it is excellent.

loved it. Did you switch it over to subtitles as opposed to dubbed? Much better imo. 

Went with the dubbed. Usually go subtitles but decided to change it up for once. Won't be going the dubbed route again on a show though
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Dark on Netflix, a German tv show about a small town and some time travel / disappearing kids in a nuclear town.

It's a very good show if you ask me. Hard to follow at times. The music in it is excellent.

loved it. Did you switch it over to subtitles as opposed to dubbed? Much better imo. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2018 at 2:51pm

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2018 at 9:04am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Any fans of TLC's "90 Day Fiancée?"
Beforw watching I would have put this in the trash bucket but I was advised to watch it mainly because one of the people on it this year is a ringer for a guy in work, but it's actually alright show

Jaysus Andy, you'e come a long way from the days of the Pullatron LOLLOLLOL
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2018 at 10:45pm
Any fans of TLC's "90 Day Fiancée?"
Beforw watching I would have put this in the trash bucket but I was advised to watch it mainly because one of the people on it this year is a ringer for a guy in work, but it's actually alright show
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2018 at 9:52am
Halfway through the latest series of Gomorrah.
Its warming up nicely. Great show

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 283>
  Share Topic