You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tour de France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:03pm
looked like je struggled a bit today after yesterdays crash

no team time trial, 2 individual 40-50k TTs

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Boourns  Thumbs Down
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 5:47pm
Sagan won again (Green jersey in the bag if he stays upright), Nico Roche up to 15th, big crash took down Hesjedal, Gesink, Frank Schleck and Voeckler among others. Dan Martin got tasked with trying to bring Hesjedal back to the peloton by the look of it, so lost a heap of time as well. This could be to his advantage next week in the mountains, in 143rd , he is not a threat to any of the GC men, and his leader isn't going to be troubling them either, so the team are not going to have any problem leaving him have a go at some stage. 

Can't bet on him to win any stage tho, has to be a specific one from what I can see. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:01pm
ya Sagan is the man of the moment Cav might never again see the green jersey
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Boourns  Thumbs Down

I wasnt a fan of it the last time. It made the classification look stupid for a while and it wouldnt have the same drama as the individual TT as the 2nd last stage.

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Sagan won again (Green jersey in the bag if he stays upright), Nico Roche up to 15th, big crash took down Hesjedal, Gesink, Frank Schleck and Voeckler among others. Dan Martin got tasked with trying to bring Hesjedal back to the peloton by the look of it, so lost a heap of time as well. This could be to his advantage next week in the mountains, in 143rd , he is not a threat to any of the GC men, and his leader isn't going to be troubling them either, so the team are not going to have any problem leaving him have a go at some stage. 

Can't bet on him to win any stage tho, has to be a specific one from what I can see. 

Anybody reckon he might make/be allowed go for the KOM jersey  given his standing now in the GC
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:56pm
one of the fav's with the bookies could be worth a bet!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:41am

Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Anybody reckon he might make/be allowed go for the KOM jersey  given his standing now in the GC

Going for it is one thing, but given tis his first tour, it would be a big ask to go compete with Sammy Sanchez, Moncoutie etc more or less every day for 2 weeks. ( I posted this much, then had a look at oddschecker just for the craic, looks like you could be right Denis, he is 6th favourite for KOM). So I think we all agree he will win a stageWink, so the question now is which one ??

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:49am
gutted for dan, not what we wanted for his first tour but as said could open it up for him, garmin having a terrible tour in general so far

i think its a certain thav cav will def pull out now after today, caught up in another crash and out of the points again

looking forward to some mountains at the weekend and a bit of live racing instead of hilights

farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 12:59am

gutted for dan, not what we wanted for his first tour but as said could open it up for him, garmin having a terrible tour in general so far

i think its a certain thav cav will def pull out now after today, caught up in another crash and out of the points again

looking forward to some mountains at the weekend and a bit of live racing instead of hilights
Only got the last 15 kilometers in today and going to miss it tomorrow again Cry. Are they showing the full stage on TG4 when Wimbledon is over?
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 1:01am
Just looking at KOM again, thinking maybe Rolland is worth a bet. Won Alpe D'uez last year, and this time, won't have to be looking after Tommy Voeckler. Has had a few crashes this week, so don't really know if any of them did him any serious damage. Europcar are fairly cash strapped, so you can be sure they will try and pull something off over the next 2 weeks to bring in a few shekels

PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 4:19pm
Some finish there

Big big day to sort the gc out and both Irish lads well placed today also
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Some finish there

Roche up to 8th overall. He looked like he had given everything on the climb at the end today, really pushing it.
c90 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Some finish there

they werent joking when they called the last 300m a wall.
that camera shot from behind the finish line was class
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lawrence Of Arabia, Elton John! Yiz can all go f**k yerselves
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 8:20pm
the steepness at the start and end was savage, great ride by roche, looks in good shape

to put the steepness of the climb into a tiny bit of perspective: today i tried a new climb on the bike, its possibly the hardest climb around although its short, i was using the same gear ratio as the lads today 39/25 it was so hard in once section i couldnt turn the pedals, i was pedalling so slow i couldnt sh*t in to my 30 ring and lost momentum and promptly fell over, my garmin registered 22% at that point!!

the pros today had that gradient for a couple of 100mtrs at a time

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 9:21pm

the steepness at the start and end was savage, great ride by roche, looks in good shape

to put the steepness of the climb into a tiny bit of perspective: today i tried a new climb on the bike, its possibly the hardest climb around although its short, i was using the same gear ratio as the lads today 39/25 it was so hard in once section i couldnt turn the pedals, i was pedalling so slow i couldnt sh*t in to my 30 ring and lost momentum and promptly fell over, my garmin registered 22% at that point!!

You what now ? LOL

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2012 at 9:28pm

You what now ? LOL

jaysus never noticed that! obviously i meant shift Embarrassed

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2012 at 3:48am

Roughly around the same amount of cyclists they have left in the TDF Wink. Dan is now the effective Garmin team leader for the hilly bits, now that Hesjedal is withdrawn. Money to be made here somewhere, just have to figure which stage. Froome's win was not much short of ridiculous, drove the pace for Sky for the last 5km, and still had the legs to beat Evans no bother at the end. Think Nibali is the fella hiding in the long grass this year. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 24>
  Share Topic