You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tour de France

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 1:18am
Irish cyclist Eddie Dunbar signs for Sky. I'm not really sure its a great thing at all, new lads they sign tend to sink or swim straight away (with the exception of English & Welsh lads who they seem to eh, improve over longer periods of time). If he starts improving at a rapid rate, he is as suspicious as the rest of them, Irish & talented (he is both) or not. 

Yates looks like winning the Vuelta, its not a race I watch much these days. However believable the TDF is, this thing is probably the least credible race in cycling, and that's saying something. Won by a 41 year old Chris Horner a few years back, now 39 year old Alejandro Valverde is 2nd. Valverde was one of those caught up in Operacion Puerto back in 2006, and served a 2 year doping ban in 2010. These days, he's doing quicker times than he was when he was doping, while managing to stay ahead of lads 15 years younger than him. Maybe they are all clean as a whistle, but it doesn't seem remotely credible. 

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep 2018 at 10:21am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Irish cyclist Eddie Dunbar signs for Sky. I'm not really sure its a great thing at all, new lads they sign tend to sink or swim straight away (with the exception of English & Welsh lads who they seem to eh, improve over longer periods of time). If he starts improving at a rapid rate, he is as suspicious as the rest of them, Irish & talented (he is both) or not. 

Yates looks like winning the Vuelta, its not a race I watch much these days. However believable the TDF is, this thing is probably the least credible race in cycling, and that's saying something. Won by a 41 year old Chris Horner a few years back, now 39 year old Alejandro Valverde is 2nd. Valverde was one of those caught up in Operacion Puerto back in 2006, and served a 2 year doping ban in 2010. These days, he's doing quicker times than he was when he was doping, while managing to stay ahead of lads 15 years younger than him. Maybe they are all clean as a whistle, but it doesn't seem remotely credible. 

Yeah hard to get too excited about the Vuelta, very much a distant third in the grand tours. Spain is so dirty in drugs, I get the feeling it's a carte blanche down there.

Hopefully the Dunbar signing works out. Roche and Deignan did alright there.
Funsize Crouchy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Funsize Crouchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 1:03pm
Chris Froome out of this years Tour

What kind of dope blows his nose cycling a bike at 55kph?
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Funsize Crouchy Funsize Crouchy wrote:

You’ve never dabbled in narcotics, have you?
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 8:54pm

Pretty much every cyclist that’s ever raced, no different than taking a drink from your bottle

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:58pm
They had a clip on the news earlier from before it happened, everybody telling him to be careful and not take any risks.LOL I think there is something in Lycra that makes you drop IQ points.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:11am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Yeah hard to get too excited about the Vuelta, very much a distant third in the grand tours. Spain is so dirty in drugs, I get the feeling it's a carte blanche down there.

Speaking of Froome and the Vuelta, it seems like he has now won the 2011 event, as the winner got done for, ah well, you guessed correctly. This was the specific race where Froome announced to the world that he was a world class cyclist by finishing 2nd, having never got near anything resembling that position in a GT before. More or less no other sports star in any sport, before or since, has ever had that level of transformation from also ran to being best of the best overnight. Took them 8 years to catch this fella, Chris will probably be well retired by the time they catch up with him. 

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:15am
Where's the best place to get imported jiffy bags?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:19am

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Speaking of Froome and the Vuelta, it seems like he has now won the 2011 event, as the winner got done for, ah well, you guessed correctly. This was the specific race where Froome announced to the world that he was a world class cyclist by finishing 2nd, having never got near anything resembling that position in a GT before. More or less no other sports star in any sport, before or since, has ever had that level of transformation from also ran to being best of the best overnight. Took them 8 years to catch this fella, Chris will probably be well retired by the time they catch up with him. 

Not quite true, Michelle Smith did the same!
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:22am
She did too, I'd forgotten about her. 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 11:43am
haha Michelle Smith. 

What a bizzare Olympics that was. it was like one of your ma's mates winning the olympics. 

I know she was only 27 (a granny in swimming terms) but she looked 40. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 12:09am
First real mountain day today, Thomas got a handful of seconds into his main rivals, who are pretty much the usual suspects, most of whom are scattered among the top 20 for the moment until another day or 2 in the hills sees the main challengers emerging. Not particularly obvious this year exactly which 2, 3, 4 or 5 of them that will be yet, other than his team mate Bernal, who will likely be one of them. For a while anyway, until the team orders come into play. 

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2019 at 11:46pm
Great stage today. French lads doing everything to get yellow for Bastille day tmoro. The mountains are where its at. 
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 12:02am

Good read on Froome this. 

Edited by GoneToShowgies - 15 Jul 2019 at 9:37am
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2019 at 11:43pm
Nico Roche a bit unlucky today, got in the stage winning break which went early, pulled away with Benoot to briefly lead the stage when the breakaway split with about 14 km to go, but the game was up for him once the faster Daryl Impey joined them. The 2 lads dropped Roche on the last climb and he fell back to 6th, Impey won the stage. Tactically made all the right decisions all day, but at 35, didn't have the legs to finish the job.  Decent day's racing, though nothing at all happened GC wise. 

Roche will probably have another go or maybe even 2 at a later stage in the race, be great to see him win a stage after a long career mainly spent in the less glamourous roles of cycling.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2019 at 11:16pm
Good few of the big name GC lads lost time today in crosswinds towards the end of the stage, top 3 didn't lose any and stays the same, Dan Martin was a big winner position wise, going from 16th to 9th and not losing any time to Thomas, Bernal & Alaphillipe. 

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2019 at 11:45pm
Simon Yates won today's stage, but overshadowed by 2 other events today, firstly, the favourite for tomorrows individual time trial, time trial world champion Rohan Dennis, abandoned the race mid way through the stage and nobody is quite sure why- his own statement on it said 'given my current feeling it was the right decision to withdraw today' and the team confirmed he isn't physically injured or sick. Rumours of everything from a row with his team director to possible mental health issues to his team's links with (yet another) recent cycling doping enquiry are all available reasons, depending on what you read or want to believe. 

The other news is that Chris Froome has officially won the 2011 Vuelta, so, eh, well done there Chris. 

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 2019 at 8:31am
reading the sun daily has more credibility than watching TDF. 

i was reading about the above last night, crazy stuff. defo more to it  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 24>
  Share Topic