You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 223>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

Originally posted by DangerHere DangerHere wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Never understood any Irishman who doesn’t like or criticises Keane

I met him once and he was an up his own hole grumpy bollix...I would still let him shag my missus though for all he has given us.

KEANO!!! ClapClapClap

Is there a law or rule that says he has to stop and chat with everyone he meets when he is not doing his job?

No? It's not like I went to his gaff...it was a players/fans meet and greet after the Norn Iron game in the Carling Nations Cup and he was standing in the corner with a security guard between him and the great unwashed

Fair enough, if it was a meet-and-greet and he was acting like that, then that is a pain.

I think he was in a huff because he had been subbed after scoring 2 goals and wanted a hattrick :-) I don't hold it against him...it is unfortunately just the one experience I had of meeting him. By all accounts he is a top fella and and worthy of my worship
Sponsored Links

Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 3:57pm
Met him in Korea after the Spain game. He was a little standoffish compared to the likes of Quinn or Kelly but he was happy to pose for photos and have a quick word. That's more than enough in my view, players don't have to act like everyone's best mate. People are entitled to be in bad form from time to time as well.
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:35pm
Cracking player but never really warmed to his character. Always gave me the impression he was completely up himself. 
His Instagram the last few days more or less confirmed that. Found it very odd the way he posted messages from fellow players but literally just posted them in a way to almost give off the impression he was bragging at the calibre of players who were sending him messages. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:38pm
I would imagine it is quite difficult meeting fans immediately after playing a game for your country. I'm not even sure about interviews after a match!

As for his social media presence, does he do it himself? I believe a lot of top footballers pay agencies to look after their social media presence.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:46pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I would imagine it is quite difficult meeting fans immediately after playing a game for your country. I'm not even sure about interviews after a match!

As for his social media presence, does he do it himself? I believe a lot of top footballers pay agencies to look after their social media presence.

This is almost certainly the case
El Puto Amo
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 4:57pm
Always turned up for us. Scored a ridiculous amount of goals for us. Personally find all this stuff about his personality largely redundant due to these two facts.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 5:28pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Cracking player but never really warmed to his character. Always gave me the impression he was completely up himself. 
His Instagram the last few days more or less confirmed that. Found it very odd the way he posted messages from fellow players but literally just posted them in a way to almost give off the impression he was bragging at the calibre of players who were sending him messages. 

Grown men making judgements on people based on instagram posts. Sweet Jesus.
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 5:39pm
It’s 2018. If someone puts a post on Instagram saying they hate black people, would people still not be able to judge them as a racist just because it was an Instagram post?

Edited by The White Cafu - 30 Nov 2018 at 5:39pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

Grown men making judgements on people based on instagram posts. Sweet Jesus.
Welcome to 2018...where technology is the biggest presence in modern society. 
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 7:02pm
Lads, social media isn't real, particularly when it comes to people in the public eye.

His instagram over the last few days has proved he's up himself. It's like something a 15 years old would say. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Lads, social media isn't real, particularly when it comes to people in the public eye.

His instagram over the last few days has proved he's up himself. It's like something a 15 years old would say. 
His epilogue of a statement proved that long before he went on his Instagram ego trip
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2018 at 10:51pm

Tough crowd here. Our record goalscorer with 68 (the nearest has 21) but some lads aren’t sure about him because he’s not well spoken or didn’t wank them off when they met him
once when he was out and about trying to mind his own business.

I couldn’t give a fook if Parrot/Idah/ Connolly are fascist scumbags who taunts homeless people by waving €100 notes at them out their limo windows on the proviso that one of them scores 50+ goals for us over the next 10-15 years. Robbie is a legend end of
El Puto Amo
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

This is almost certainly the case
I know someone who does work for professional footballers and he told me they all have life managers who do and organize everything for them that us mere mortals have to do ourselves. It's not that surprising really . James McClean should sack his. 
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 2:19pm
I think that McClean should probably hire one, I get the feeling he enjoys it too much himself. He is different to your average footballer, which is why he is one of the few modern players that produces such strong emotion.
I am surprised that fans don't realise that players can't be bothered with this type of thing.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2018 at 8:16pm
another point- people trying to compare the roy keane/ robbie positions within the setup is not alike at all to me.

we already know well MON was very old school, minimal communication on training ground etc. roy was his assistant manager and thus had to do a lot of that stuff. clearly it didnt work i.e. arter situation

mick isnt like that. further, terry connor is the assistant, keane is just a coach. also, crucially, robbie is someone seen as generally well liked, whereas roy was obviously someone who could be very divisive and confrontational.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:03pm
Top class analysis from Rob... 

On Jimenez "he's going through a patchy patch" Cool

I can see a meme developing.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:05pm
How many times did he say obviously? He also managed to mention growing up as a boy in some way or another, Robbie Keane bingo
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Top class analysis from Rob... 

On Jimenez "he's going through a patchy patch" Cool

I can see a meme developing.
LOL
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 168169170171172 223>
  Share Topic