You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 223>
Author
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 2:15am
Fair play to him. 
Sponsored Links

bazkdy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazkdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 12:48pm

Nice touch, means a lot to his family & friends

Shebber View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shebber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 1:50pm
Class guy! A true servant of Ireland!
If you have 200 million priests, and 5% of them are paedophiles, that's still only 10 million paedophiles!
Skripi91 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skripi91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 5:48pm
Top gesture, well done Keano Clap
The Euros gonna hear the Irish ROAR
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2012 at 11:01pm
Like Killer, Robbie shown real class and commitment to the cause over the years. Great to see. but would expect nothing less of him.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2012 at 10:53am
Wouldn't deny him legendary status.Clap
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 8:29pm
We should know soon enough whether he's staying on or not. 

Quote Given's decision has now prompted unease in Trapattoni's mind as to captain Keane and defender Dunne especially.

Trapattoni said: "Richard sent me a message recently saying he would not be ready for the game with Kazakhstan because he needs a few weeks to recover from his injury, that the game was too soon.

"I answered him and said after this friendly, after he has recovered from his injury, we would review the situation, but I've told him we need him, it's true. He will let us know.

"As for Robbie, I've also sent him a text, but he's not answered me. I've checked my mobile.

"I will speak with him before I announce my next squad (in around 10 days' time for the Kazakhstan game).

"He needs to tell me whether he wants to come back or what he wants to do.

"We can decide after this game because it's important for us to look at the other players. We have (Shane) Long, (Simon) Cox and (Jon) Walters.

"After this game, and before the one with Kazakhstan, we can think about this situation."
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 8:31pm
Why does Trap always text players? Is it too much to pick up the phone and talk to them? I'm sure he could claim it on expenses with the FAI if his worried about the bill. Too many issues have arisen over texts with Trap.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 8:37pm
Irish legend, but it's time for him to retire from international football.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Why does Trap always text players? Is it too much to pick up the phone and talk to them? I'm sure he could claim it on expenses with the FAI if his worried about the bill. Too many issues have arisen over texts with Trap.

In fairness; in this situation it's not exactly ideal to be ringing up a player putting them on the spot on a huge decision. Text him, let him know he needs an answer and follow it up in a few days if he hears nothing. 
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 9:20pm
I think he deserves more respect given what he has done for his country. Trap should be pencilling a meeting with him to discuss face to face in the US if needs be. He is our captain and record goalscorer and has given us 15 years ffs

No longer a certain starter for me but what a man to bring on for last 20. I still think he has plenty to offer if played in the role villa used him in last season, was made to look bad in euros because of our system and inability to keep the ball.
MacMathuna View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MacMathuna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 9:23pm
keane should play against the weaker teams where hes finishing ability can be used but against beter teams like sweden germany fast or physical players shud be starting like long/walters
Sinne Fianna Fáil atá fé gheall ag Éirinn.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:06pm
What's the story with keane? Missing in action I believe
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:11pm
What you mean Pullatron? He was given pardon for this one. Just hasnt wb to Traps oddball text.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:15pm

Playing for the Galaxy tonight on ESPN at midnight

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

What you mean Pullatron? He was given pardon for this one. Just hasnt wb to Traps oddball text.

Her granda was saying nobody had heard from keane and then I caught the end of something on setanta about him not replying to trap. What was the odd ball message.

FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:32pm
Trap apparently (what I read anyhow) texted Robbie recently when Robbie scored twice and Rob never replied or acknowledged it.  I can't see really why he'd have to reply if the message was something like "well done on scoring" or similar.  More likely to reply if Trap asked him something, which appears he didn't.  We all know Trap's lines of communication are seriously flawed.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:33pm
There'd be none of this sh*t on your watch FW
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 223>
  Share Topic