Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 223>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 5:53pm
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/english-soccer/back-at-school-robbie-keane-thinks-coleman-is-top-of-his-class-1.1650170?mode=amp

He did both licences together which is what I said.

Did they have Zoom sessions in LA back in 2014 ?
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 6:00pm
Gary I agree with you but I think ex pros have always been given an advantage over joe soap due to the fact they played the game at professional level. I don’t think RK was the first to benefit 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 9:29am
As per Roy Barrett yesterday, there has been ongoing dialogue between Hill & Robbie for the last month but the situation remains unresolved  
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 1:07pm
Stephen Elliott stirring the pot on Twitter. 
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Nialler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nialler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

I'm glad the Sindo printed the apology. Like I said this day last week it was a very poor piece. While there's valid questions over his role etc and the FAI dealing with it or not as the case maybe his character should not have been called into question the way it was.

What were the inaccuracies they printed? It was bang on the money and Keane is a really unlikable character on all known form

Robbie went out of his way many a occasion to sign autographs and take pictures with kids after Ireland games. In my brief interaction within him he was a gent. 

Mcgregor does that too and then goes punching old men in bars. 

I think people dislike Robbie for being a little bit self absorbed. Cartwheels after penalties and having that greedy selfish streak all good strikers have. in to himself a bit too much like Aaron Connolly actually and Bono LOL 

Either way he is playing this all out very badly and I could never see a Coleman for example pulling this kind of nonsense. Hewould do everything to put the country first. Hence why nobody really ha a bad thing to say about sham.
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by exgrad exgrad wrote:

Well its fairly easy to see why the article was pulled...harder to figure out how it got published in the first place.

Still trying to get my head around how that article was published by a major media company.  It was down within 24 hours and apologies all round withing 7 days (doubt that was the end of it).  That will show you how off the wall it was.
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 1:56pm
I have a dislike of Robbie Keane for many reasons. The main one being turning up for Euro 2012 well overweight and obviously knowing he would get away with it. However this contract issue is completely not his fault. If the FAI want him out they need to negotiate their way out of the contract. If they can’t do that or Robbie doesn’t want a deal then they have to honour it to the end. Blame John Delaney and the FAI executive and board but not Robbie. 
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

I have a dislike of Robbie Keane for many reasons. The main one being turning up for Euro 2012 well overweight and obviously knowing he would get away with it. However this contract issue is completely not his fault. If the FAI want him out they need to negotiate their way out of the contract. If they can’t do that or Robbie doesn’t want a deal then they have to honour it to the end. Blame John Delaney and the FAI executive and board but not Robbie. 

This article pretty much sums up why he shouldn't be let anywhere near the senior managers job.

GreenDodger93 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreenDodger93 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by Nialler Nialler wrote:

Originally posted by TheNumber6 TheNumber6 wrote:

Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

I'm glad the Sindo printed the apology. Like I said this day last week it was a very poor piece. While there's valid questions over his role etc and the FAI dealing with it or not as the case maybe his character should not have been called into question the way it was.

What were the inaccuracies they printed? It was bang on the money and Keane is a really unlikable character on all known form

Robbie went out of his way many a occasion to sign autographs and take pictures with kids after Ireland games. In my brief interaction within him he was a gent. 

Mcgregor does that too and then goes punching old men in bars. 

I think people dislike Robbie for being a little bit self absorbed. Cartwheels after penalties and having that greedy selfish streak all good strikers have. in to himself a bit too much like Aaron Connolly actually and Bono LOL 

Either way he is playing this all out very badly and I could never see a Coleman for example pulling this kind of nonsense. Hewould do everything to put the country first. Hence why nobody really ha a bad thing to say about sham.
Connolly loves himself more than any Irish player I've seen, Keane included. At least Keane scored goals though and had the right... Connolly needs to start backing up his that smug fu**ing look that is permanently on his face.
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 6:40pm
Think it's a fair point Barrett brings up re morale of staff. If you were working in abbotstown and knew Robbie was getting paid that amount of money for doing nadda ye wouldn't be to happy.

That probably pay for 5/6 coaches for the year. 
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

This article pretty much sums up why he shouldn't be let anywhere near the senior managers job.

Ha, I was told this back in 2014 by one of the players brothers, posted it on here at the time. Big smile
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 12:01am

I don't remember Keane turning up fat at Euro 2012. Show me a pic of this??
I love beer gardens
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Ha, I was told this back in 2014 by one of the players brothers, posted it on here at the time. Big smile

Any f**king wonder we haven't qualified for a WC in 20 now likely going on 24 years
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 12:30am
Is there an Ex Pro of Robbies Calibre of scoring goals that feels the need to post his record online? 
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 8:21am
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

I don't remember Keane turning up fat at Euro 2012. Show me a pic of this??

He didn't. Hes pretty much always been in shape and still is.
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 9:43am
Bundy, that's a poor post about a kids FFS. Deleted and take it as a warning.
Jimbhoy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 3:59pm
Robbie Keane scored as many international goals as Gerd Muller. More international goals than Lineker, Owen, Rooney, Shearer, Dalglish, Henry and every other international striker with the exception of approximately 8 or 9 other players. All this was achieved playing up front with the likes of Keogh, Cox, Doherty and others. I find it amazing that the same people who are defending Stephen Kenny's appalling record as Ireland manager are so willing to abuse one of Ireland's top 5 players of all time. I don't care if he is arrogant, or continues to take a wage he's perfectly entitled to from the FAI. People on here are even having a pop at his son. Disgusting way to treat someone who never let his country down like the clowns we have got playing for us today.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Jimbhoy Jimbhoy wrote:

Robbie Keane scored as many international goals as Gerd Muller. More international goals than Lineker, Owen, Rooney, Shearer, Dalglish, Henry and every other international striker with the exception of approximately 8 or 9 other players. All this was achieved playing up front with the likes of Keogh, Cox, Doherty and others. I find it amazing that the same people who are defending Stephen Kenny's appalling record as Ireland manager are so willing to abuse one of Ireland's top 5 players of all time. I don't care if he is arrogant, or continues to take a wage he's perfectly entitled to from the FAI. People on here are even having a pop at his son. Disgusting way to treat someone who never let his country down like the clowns we have got playing for us today.

Are they? I think most (of the same posters) are simply pointing out that being a legend doesn't automatically mean he'd be a good manager
"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 186187188189190 223>
  Share Topic