You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 223>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by irelandshirts irelandshirts wrote:

I'm glad the Sindo printed the apology. Like I said this day last week it was a very poor piece. While there's valid questions over his role etc and the FAI dealing with it or not as the case maybe his character should not have been called into question the way it was.

What were the inaccuracies they printed? It was bang on the money and Keane is a really unlikable character on all known form

Edited by Pipkin - 28 Mar 2021 at 2:16pm
Sponsored Links

Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:32pm
If Kenny was sacked, then Robbie Keane would have to be the main if only contender to take over. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

If Kenny was sacked, then Robbie Keane would have to be the main if only contender to take over. 

Why do people assume this?? Where is it  coming from?  Zero experience really. Keith Andrews or the Chelsea coach that came in would nearly have as much now. Why would it have to be Robbie? I dont see it
I love beer gardens
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by Pipkin Pipkin wrote:

I'm glad the Sindo printed the apology. Like I said this day last week it was a very poor piece. While there's valid questions over his role etc and the FAI dealing with it or not as the case maybe his character should not have been called into question the way it was.

What were the inaccuracies they printed? It was bang on the money and Keane is a really unlikable character on all known form

Robbie went out of his way many a occasion to sign autographs and take pictures with kids after Ireland games. In my brief interaction within him he was a gent. 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:44pm
Hes never come across as unlikable from my point of view either.
I love beer gardens
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Why do people assume this?? Where is it  coming from?  Zero experience really. Keith Andrews or the Chelsea coach that came in would nearly have as much now. Why would it have to be Robbie? I dont see it

Down to the fact he's still on the payroll and the FAI cant afford to sack Kenny pay him off,  pay for another manager all while there still pay Keane. This wont happen 
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:20pm
There is an air of entitlement around him at the moment in relation to the Irish job and/or management in general.

He was given a farcical contract to work under two seperate managers by the biggest crook in Irish sporting history.

Despite being told by the second of those that he wasn't wanted (with it up for debate as to whether the first wanted him), he didn't have the decency to walk away from the contract despite the FAI being in dire financial straits.

He seemed to be incredulous at the time that a manager would get to pick his own backroom team, which was particularly annoying.

His presence in the background is an unnescessary distraction toward a struggling manager, and he has been used as a stick to beat the manager with on more than one occasion.

He is obviously under no obligation to do so but if he were truly interested in management as he has claimed then he would go and throw himself into the deep end, into League 1 or League 2 or the League of Ireland, wherever would have him. He was part of a disastrous regime at Middlesbrough and has absolutely no experience or credibility that would warrant him being in contention for any top job.

If he went away and proved himself somewhere else then I would have much less of an issue with him.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by E2016 E2016 wrote:

There is an air of entitlement around him at the moment in relation to the Irish job and/or management in general.

He was given a farcical contract to work under two seperate managers by the biggest crook in Irish sporting history.

Despite being told by the second of those that he wasn't wanted (with it up for debate as to whether the first wanted him), he didn't have the decency to walk away from the contract despite the FAI being in dire financial straits.

He seemed to be incredulous at the time that a manager would get to pick his own backroom team, which was particularly annoying.

His presence in the background is an unnescessary distraction toward a struggling manager, and he has been used as a stick to beat the manager with on more than one occasion.

He is obviously under no obligation to do so but if he were truly interested in management as he has claimed then he would go and throw himself into the deep end, into League 1 or League 2 or the League of Ireland, wherever would have him. He was part of a disastrous regime at Middlesbrough and has absolutely no experience or credibility that would warrant him being in contention for any top job.

If he went away and proved himself somewhere else then I would have much less of an issue with him.

Wacko

There is not one person on the planet that if told by their employers they were not wanted and still had a contract to run would walk away it.

The onus is on the CEO or the FAI to resolve this issue, he has chosen not to deal with it.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
rebelbrowser View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebelbrowser Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Hes never come across as unlikable from my point of view either.

I'd be I'm the dislikeable camp. For some reason I've never taken to him. He brings out the same response in me that the other R Keane brings out in others on this forum. And no, I don't want to open that debate. If Robbie got the Ireland gig, basically because he is on the payroll (when not wanted) it would be a travesty.

I should say though that I've never met Robbie (or Roy) and I suppose, in truth, you should suspend your judgment til you meet these people, but view is based on public persona. Robbie may well be a lovely guy if you get to know him....
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:32pm

Why don't you ask the Sunday Independent who withdrew the piece from their on line platforms last Sunday why they withdrew it and then published an apology this week? Or Tommy Conlon who wrote the piece?

Again your entitled to your opinion of Robbie Keanes character Pipkin but he's entitled to his good name.

Edited by irelandshirts - 28 Mar 2021 at 3:35pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 3:43pm
Sounds like a job for Joe Duffy.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 4:04pm

Why don't you ask the Sunday Independent who withdrew the piece from their on line platforms last Sunday why they withdrew it and then published an apology this week? Or Tommy Conlon who wrote the piece?

Again your entitled to your opinion of Robbie Keanes character Pipkin but he's entitled to his good name.

There was nothing in it that hadn’t been published or talked about previously - maybe it was his net wealth they got wrong.. You can’t point to any inaccuracies which says it all. 

Fighting a battle against a man worth 10s of millions is not a fight worth taking legally for the purpose of publishing one article.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 4:21pm
Allowed to complete his UEFA B and A licence over two weeks when it takes a grassroots coach (who actually coaches players) 3/4 years to complete both. Assuming you are accepted on the A licence course if you’re not an ex-player.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
EdisonCavani View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EdisonCavani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Allowed to complete his UEFA B and A licence over two weeks when it takes a grassroots coach (who actually coaches players) 3/4 years to complete both. Assuming you are accepted on the A licence course if you’re not an ex-player.
How is that possible? Both courses run for a few months.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Exactly !!!
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 4:29pm

Originally posted by EdisonCavani EdisonCavani wrote:

Exactly !!!

Wonder who pulled some strings for him there..........

Edited by Denis Irwin - 28 Mar 2021 at 4:29pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
irelandshirts View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
I love Ireland jerseys

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandshirts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 4:34pm

There was nothing in it that hadn’t been published or talked about previously - maybe it was his net wealth they got wrong.. You can’t point to any inaccuracies which says it all. 

Fighting a battle against a man worth 10s of millions is not a fight worth taking legally for the purpose of publishing one article.

So if there was nothing in it that wasn't verified information why again I ask you would they take the article down the same day it was published and then print an apology in the following edition?

Take my opinion and your opinion and Keanes wealth out of it and maybe consider that the article was inaccurate and the Sindo did the right thing by retracting the piece and issuing an apology.

From re reading Conlons article and the Sindo aplogy I'd say it's around the specifics of Keanes contract details.

Edited by irelandshirts - 28 Mar 2021 at 5:43pm
WWW.IRELANDSOCCERSHIRTS.COM

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 5:33pm

the Republic of Ireland’s record goalscorer had been working on his UEFA coaching badges for six years prior to his first coaching appointment.

Keane completed the required course work and coaching hours over the past three years under the guidance of the FAI Coach Education tutors including Jason Donohue.

“It has been a long process with a lot of hours put in and I’m delighted to have completed the programme,” said the Ireland captain.

This goes into a bit more of the detail about the course too 

Edited by horsebox - 28 Mar 2021 at 5:53pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 185186187188189 223>
  Share Topic