You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 175176177178179 223>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2021 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Roy and Robbie are two legendary players who have both been assistant managers too but have egos the size of a house which I suppose you need to be a top player.  Certainly don’t come across well post retirement in many ways. 

At least in Roy’s case he wasn’t foisted upon the manager. Robbie getting a big payoff for a role he wasn’t even wanted in. He is a hungry c@@t with no shame. 

And if the roles were reversed Citizen, would you be on here cribbing about Roy getting the big payoff? I somehow doubt it. 

You certainly wouldn't be labelling your demi god Keane a hungry cxxt anyway. LOLWink

well at least keane was wanted by the manager. Robbie signed some deal with out crook of a ceo who had ambitions for him to be a manager. He wasn’t wanted by the manager. You think Roy would take a role like that? No chance 

Roy would do anything if the money was right, he's proved that multiple times. Sure he was never going to be a pundit ffs.

"I was asked by ITV to do the Celtic versus Manchester United game but I’ve done it once for Sky and never again. I’d rather go to the dentist."
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 10:35am
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:16am
His legendary status within our support will be tarnished by his greed. With football in this country in sh*te cause of JD and this **** who is worth over £50 million can sleep at night taking 5k a week for doing nothing. 
Chips don't bounce
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 11:20am
It's a shame really.
He shouldn't have to but he could be the bigger man and simply walk and free the association of of this liability.  
I would have thought getting him involved at underage was ideal, but seems either none of the managers down the tiers were interested or Robbie himself wasn't interested.
TheNumber6 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheNumber6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

https://t.co/fjxQxkZIz6 

Good article.
belt View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Fantasy Football Champion 17/18

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

It's a shame really.
He shouldn't have to but he could be the bigger man and simply walk and free the association of of this liability.  
I would have thought getting him involved at underage was ideal, but seems either none of the managers down the tiers were interested or Robbie himself wasn't interested.

Neither Keane or Hill come out of this well.

I would put Robbie answering the phones or photocopying at this stage, maybe he could help Cria implement a new ticketing scheme. He obviously feels entitled to the wage as the contract is in place, but the absolute neck on him

Jinathan Hill has been poor too. You're in charge of an organisation which is hemoraging money and your 2nd highest paid employee is contributing nothing and collecting a wage, you surely address that in the first couple of weeks. It's a scandal he is 4 months in and no progress has been made
drog addict View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Castleknocker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drog addict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:01pm
Rip up the contract, Robbie challenges it and then comes off as a right perick. 
Chips don't bounce
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 1:04pm
Not that I would all for pandering to Keane but surely if the FAI are paying him they should call his bluff and get him involved with promotional work for the FAI summer camps, work with underage sides be it male or female etc?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
exgrad View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote exgrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 2:18pm
Sounds like no one here has ever heard of constructive dismissal.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Not that I would all for pandering to Keane but surely if the FAI are paying him they should call his bluff and get him involved with promotional work for the FAI summer camps, work with underage sides be it male or female etc?

What I thought, but I wonder does his contract have a coaching only aspect? He must gave a right of refusal to take certain coaching roles. Under age, etc.

Either way, it does seem like the contract is heavily weighted in Keane's favour. Surely they'd be milking his big name status for online videos etc if they had any sense. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 2:29pm
Not beyond the realms he has this all this tied up in legal stuff hence why nothing appears to have been done
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 1:59pm
So he’s happy to take 5k a week from his actual employer for doing nothing but won’t take anything from Rovers for working with them. 
Doesn’t sit right with me at all. 
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

So he’s happy to take 5k a week from his actual employer for doing nothing but won’t take anything from Rovers for working with them. 
Doesn’t sit right with me at all. 

FAi essetially paying for a coach for Rovers,
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:15pm
It's a terrible situation and Keane is doing himself no favours by doing nothing. 

Are there any ex players after Charlton's days that are loved? The big name players are Given, Dunne, Duff, Robbie and Roy Keane.

It would damage this forums' reputation
kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:33pm
I don’t know about “loved” but I have maximum respect for Duff basically spelling it out when appointed he didn’t want to work with the FAI but did it because he had respect for Stephen. Also to walk away from the nonsense. He had no tolerance for bullsh*t and walked when that tolerance was hit. 

I admire him for it although he mightn’t make it in management due to that.
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

I don’t know about “loved” but I have maximum respect for Duff basically spelling it out when appointed he didn’t want to work with the FAI but did it because he had respect for Stephen. Also to walk away from the nonsense. He had no tolerance for bullsh*t and walked when that tolerance was hit. 

I admire him for it although he mightn’t make it in management due to that.

If he joined Kenny's team out of respect for Kenny and nothing to do with the FAI then why walk away from nonsense from the FAI and not Kenny? He knew more than most the way they operate. I like Duff but thought he was very quick to abandon the role and Kenny.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 4:57pm
I don't think he's going to be the Irish footballer to buck the trend by making it in club management.

Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

I don't think he's going to be the Irish footballer to buck the trend by making it in club management.

Some self aggrandizing going on there! Some might say rightfully so but it's overkill to these ears. He hardly wrote that himself mind you.... 

Edited by Reillers88 - 10 Mar 2021 at 7:16am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 175176177178179 223>
  Share Topic