Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 223>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

That's lovely McCarthy and Keane coming out now making a principled stand about how they won't be chasing players when in fact they have spent the last six months having been doing exactly that with Bamford (as did their predecessors for years before)

Better late than never
Sponsored Links

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

He is. We have gone from the Charlton era where good and available players, with Irish heritage agreed to play and gave their all, to the modern era where players are defecting from us. And in between was the period where Kevin Nolan were fairly honest about having intentions elsewhere.

Kevin Nolan was never eligible.

Fair enough!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 2:17pm
Are you thinking of Dave Kitson? He gave a very honest answer about why representing Ireland wouldn’t have felt right for him.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Are you thinking of Dave Kitson? He gave a very honest answer about why representing Ireland wouldn’t have felt right for him.

Possibly.

Although, I’m still convinced Nolan was touted for a while.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 3:52pm
He was touted but wasn’t eligible I think Brian Kerr was in charge at the time .
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 4:04pm
Nolan was a generation out for us; he was eligible for Holland though funnily enough.
We're decent enough..
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 1:02pm
Nolan was deffo touted for years and was eligible as well 
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:42pm
I think it's fair to say that both Woodgate and Keane look completely out of their depth as a managerial duo.

I know Boro are cutting costs and curbing spending on wages/transfer fees of late but their squad isn't as bad as their position in the table is and they should be doing a lot better imo.

Funnily enough I've yet to hear any rave reviews from a number of coaches within Ireland about his coaching abilities, maybe one of the real reasons Kenny didn't fancy having him on board also perhaps?
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 6:48pm
Tony Pulis was the previous manager and , as at Stoke, his style of play wasn't deemed attractive enough or the team successful enough. Like Stoke, Middlesbrough have nosedived since he left. Serious candidates for relegation.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 10:09am
Woodgate sacked from Boro, Warnock to take charge I'd imagine Robbie will probably leave too
50%lesssugar&salt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 50%lesssugar&salt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Woodgate sacked from Boro, Warnock to take charge I'd imagine Robbie will probably leave too

They lasted longer than expected.

Any update on what role Robbie will have in the Ireland set up/with the FAI?
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by 50%lesssugar&salt 50%lesssugar&salt wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

They lasted longer than expected.

Any update on what role Robbie will have in the Ireland set up/with the FAI?

It doesnt appear that he has a role with the FAI. I'm interested to see will he demand his contract paid out in full. I'd love to see him offer the association a break. 
El Puto Amo
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:43pm
Well, I know contracts are binding and possibly more to this than meets the eye etc, but as a multimillionaire footballer, if he doesn’t, it’s a fairly sh*tty thing to do. 
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:49pm
Keane has left Boro also, which is no surprise really.

In truth he like many other ex pro's were blessed to get into such roles with minimal to no coaching experience so quickly after retiring as players. I'd say the fail rate is frightening amongst first time managers (only finishing playing and landing managerial roles) 

Serving an apprenticeship under an experienced manager even down the leagues or in less glamour surroundings would certainly toughen you up and open your eyes to working in very tough conditions as opposed to landing a job where money is thrown about like confetti.

It will be interesting to see where Keane ends up next, but it hasn't been a good start for him as a coach. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
greenlad View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenlad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Well, I know contracts are binding and possibly more to this than meets the eye etc, but as a multimillionaire footballer, if he doesn’t, it’s a fairly sh*tty thing to do. 
Why should he, they fooked him over and you reckon he should just let them off with it....... 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:57pm
Shamrock Rovers would be a good start for him if that opportunity arises in the future
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

Why should he, they fooked him over and you reckon he should just let them off with it....... 

Usually I would agree but these are exceptional circumstances. The FAI are flat broke, we all know why and it isn't Keanes fault. However, it will be the grass roots of Irish football which will suffer from the lack of resources. If Keane gave up the payout for the remainder of his contract (work he hasnt yet done), it would be a huge gesture and would boost his legacy. 
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by greenlad greenlad wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 172173174175176 223>
  Share Topic