FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Robbie Keane

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 223>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
baresi41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baresi41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2024 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Going to try and steer this somehow back on topic leaving aside things out of our control in the middle east. I absolutely loved Robbie Keane our all time leading goal scorer as the saying goes you should never meet your hero's as I wouldn't be too fond of Robbie the person however back to the football, Maccabi Tel Aviv is a massive club in Israeli terms and a lot bigger than any club we have on this Island so let's review his achievements after the season ends and if it ends up he's won a domestic double and reached the knock out stages of the conference league I'm sure someone else may take a chance on him. A team in France or Belgium maybe.
He misses Tuesday nights in Gibney's with darts night and karaoke. And polyfilla2 AKA Claud - een arrives to cheer up the locals with her leather pants on.. A pair of t**sers.

FRANCO BARESI: Always supporting the green brigade
Sponsored Links

TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You could be very well right, but your decision is based on your hatred of the guy more than anything else.

My decision is based on what I have seen of the guy over the past twenty years. Most people would have predicted that Wayne Rooney would be a failure at Birmingham City, all the fans did. Bizarre decision to appoint him. But Rooney and Keane do seem to share a lot of similar characteristics.

2 great players with one being considering better than the other.

But your comments earlier kinda prove that you want him to fail because you despise him for whatever reason.
Of course I want him to fail, I have not pretended otherwise. And I am quite confident he will. Get him at a decent club at a decent level of football, and he will find his level.

Most managers ultimately 'fail'. It's an easy prediction to make.  
But along the way there can successes and you cannot deny he appears to be doing a good job so far. Maybe he just inherited a good team or maybe he us surprising us all and has put together a good coaching ticket.

I suspect Robbie will get out of Israel and back to closer to home once a better offer comes along.
Maybe he might turn out to be a hidden talent. But just as I would be confident, for example, that Wayne Rooney will never succeed at any decent level, similar with Keane. Those idiots at Birmingham sacked Eustace and appointed Rooney, so you never know, they might have Keane lined up! I don't know much about Delap and what contribution, if any, his is making at Maccabi. 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 3:44pm

You could be very well right, but your decision is based on your hatred of the guy more than anything else.

My decision is based on what I have seen of the guy over the past twenty years. Most people would have predicted that Wayne Rooney would be a failure at Birmingham City, all the fans did. Bizarre decision to appoint him. But Rooney and Keane do seem to share a lot of similar characteristics.

But your comments earlier kinda prove that you want him to fail because you despise him for whatever reason.
Of course I want him to fail, I have not pretended otherwise. And I am quite confident he will. Get him at a decent club at a decent level of football, and he will find his level.

Most managers ultimately 'fail'. It's an easy prediction to make.  
But along the way there can successes and you cannot deny he appears to be doing a good job so far. Maybe he just inherited a good team or maybe he us surprising us all and has put together a good coaching ticket.

I suspect Robbie will get out of Israel and back to closer to home once a better offer comes along.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 3:34pm
The more he achieves in Israel the quicker he will be moving out of there, closer to home.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 3:10pm
Going to try and steer this somehow back on topic leaving aside things out of our control in the middle east. I absolutely loved Robbie Keane our all time leading goal scorer as the saying goes you should never meet your hero's as I wouldn't be too fond of Robbie the person however back to the football, Maccabi Tel Aviv is a massive club in Israeli terms and a lot bigger than any club we have on this Island so let's review his achievements after the season ends and if it ends up he's won a domestic double and reached the knock out stages of the conference league I'm sure someone else may take a chance on him. A team in France or Belgium maybe.
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Why would you want him to fail though?

What is it with him that makes you despise him so much.

Hummm at a guess from North Dublin and for some unknown reason dislikes Israel Big smile
Now, the moderator will be on shortly to advise we are "off-topic". But I assume your class-based stupid reference to "North Dublin" is relating to recent events in inner city Dublin. If so I think you might find the rioters are not exactly Muslim friendly chaps, and as such would have a greater affinity with Israel. Now, back on topic....Keane is the next Stan!
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Hummm at a guess from North Dublin and for some unknown reason dislikes Israel Big smile

Probably couldn't pick Israel out on a map 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:28pm

Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:21pm
Jealousy i would imagine. The success hes made of himself.
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:13pm

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

People usually find their level. I would expect Keane to be as successful in management as Wayne Rooney.

Give it a rest wud ya. Boring everyone at this stage. 
Top Tip...it is not mandatory to either read or reply to posts. You're welcome.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:08pm

doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:08pm

People usually find their level. I would expect Keane to be as successful in management as Wayne Rooney.

Give it a rest wud ya. Boring everyone at this stage. 
I love beer gardens
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:06pm

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 2:03pm

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 1:54pm

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
SeaSharp View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SeaSharp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 1:54pm

In fairness Rooney flopped massively in the MLS, not sure how that would compare to Israel standard-wise though.

Keane's done a good job, Maccabi Haifa have won three league titles on the spin.
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2024 at 1:53pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 223>
  Share Topic