Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Please Count, can I be a Mod?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote GreenTribe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:24am
Dziekuje bardzo, na razie!!!!!!!
Polska, Bialo Czerwoni! CoolThumbs Up

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.
Sponsored Links

Scout_RB View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scout_RB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 10:52am

Edited by The Count - 21 Jun 2012 at 10:57am
athlonecelt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athlonecelt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:03am
We have to play poland in an annual friendly. Guaranteed big crowd at home.
Szpachel View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Szpachel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:07am

Poznań. POLISH say goodbye to the IRISH. Euro 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nagkqZKebuQ
nellciaa View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nellciaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:19am
I live in Poland and I'm very glad to hear that you have loved Poland. Before Euro2012, tv stations from other coutries were talking that we are very dangerous people. I know that we are not perfect - as every person. It's great that slowly stereotypes are changing - maybe after few months we won't be only thieves and drunks :) 
Soldek View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Soldek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:26am
Thanks lads! I live in Sopot and just wanted to thank all of you for making my day – EVERYDAY you’ve been here! Sláinte! 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:39am
This was my fifth trip to Poland and have had a great welcome every time. Very friendly nation, however the reaction we got was unreal. 

If you put out the hand of friendship it will be returned with spades and that is what happened. We loved them and they loved us. 

Really enjoyed Poznan but  Torun was even better for chatting to the locals.  Enjoyed Gdansk to but never really got chatting to Polish there.  Sopot was a great night but to be honest the Irish fans staying in Sopot were of a different breed to the ones staying in Torun. I know thats a huge generalisation but just a feeling I got. 

Torun certainly had a more of a regular away game feel about it like say Russia and Macedonia for familiar faces wereas Sopot was more the Stag Party type variety of an away fan.  Just was not as much friendly banter and very few Polish about there. 
AKA pedantic kunt
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:44am
Food really surprised me....never had a bad meal in 11 days!!!POLSKA!!!
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 11:51am
Originally posted by Soldek Soldek wrote:

Thanks lads! I live in Sopot and just wanted to thank all of you for making my day – EVERYDAY you’ve been here! Sláinte! 

Thanks Soldek you live in a lovely city - would go back there on holidays - although based in gydnia we spent two of the four days in sopot - The old city of Gdansk was great as well Thumbs Up 
Michal Karpinski View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michal Karpinski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:01pm
See how Irish fans are learning Polish www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8t5h_-WVeU :-)
Thanks for being here in Poland. Without you, this Tournament is not the same.
jachu View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jachu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:01pm
Hello everybody,

I am a Pole and registered here to thank all the Irish who came to Poland during Euro 2012 - You were unbelievable football fans - I hope to hear "Fields of Athenry" again.
nedira View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nedira Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:20pm
Oh, come back, Poznań is empty without you! I enjoyed every minute you've been here. I've read somewhere "Poznan used to be Polish, but is Irish now" and I couldn't agree more!

Hope to see you here again!

Love,
Monika
Maggi;p View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maggi;p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:25pm
I want to say that Poznan will never be the same without Boys In Green!
Lova ya! <3
Hormon View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hormon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:26pm
As a Pole I was impressed by the style you encouraged your football team. Big respect. Listening to "Fields of Athenry" was a remarkable experience.

I am also happy that you visited us, had fun here, spent time with us and got nice memories from hereall those places.

The last but not least, I am also happy that you were able to see whether the negative opinion about Poland, as broadcasted by BBC, was justified. That last thing was by many of you already judged. :-)

For all that thank you!

Come to us again Poland loves Irish people. You are superb!
Lupi View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lupi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:28pm
Hi :)
Poland loves you! Come back :)
You are the best fans in the world.Heart
Forza2 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Forza2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:34pm
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:36pm
can poland just not host the euros every 4 years from now on ? build a few more stadiums Clap
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2012 at 12:43pm
annual friendly in poznan every year
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 23>
  Share Topic