You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thank you Poland

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
Author
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boskee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2012 at 10:08pm
I think it's Poland that should thank you!

"70,000 Irish fans spent ~23.82 million euros during their stay in Poznan. Italian and Croatian fans together spent 12 million.". 

Sponsored Links

italiano View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote italiano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2012 at 7:49pm
Hi guys, I want to write a longer story. I'm Italian, just came back from Poland, actually I spend my whole trip in Poznan (except of the final, and gdansk game). I was renting a room in a big flat and lived with Polish and Irish lads (and even Coratian guys for two nights) and .... I'll begin the story.

So I arrived in Poznan on the 7th Jun, and I was so excited I left my backpack in the tram. So I lost all of my documents, CC's, and money. I was really depresed, bcoz my room was only prepaid, and I thought it will be a tough case. I called the guy, who was renting the room, and explained the situation, and everything he said was - Go to the first taxi you see, and give your mobile to the driver. I did so, and in 5 minutes I was by the flat, and this guy (Tomek) was waiting there on the street and paid for my taxi! 

So I went into this appartment and they showed me my room, so I started to unpack myself, and was quite upset with my situation, and thought what to do. I did not even finish to unpack my underwere, and two guys came into my room, with a frozen vodka, and a big bong and told me - Drink! Smoke! We don't accept a denial!

So I took the 1st shot, and 2nd, and 3rd, and got drunk. Forgot about my backpack issue, I was enjoying the pretty heavy welcome. After two hours, Tomek came in with ... 600 zł, and told me "sorry mate, thats everything we can borrow you. You can give it back whenever you want to" I was like - hell no, impossible, they know me for a couple of hours, and they want to borrow me 600zl eq. 150 EUR ... I tried to deny, but again ... they did not accept it :) 

So next day, I phoned my girlfriend, and asked her to send me some money. Unfortunately, she was on a business trip with no access to our account. This 600 zł saved my first 3 days till I got my money. I wanted to give them back 200 EUR, but they were trully offenced by that offer. They wanted exactly 600 zl back, and no cent more! Well, they did accept a six pack of beer :) 

So during this whole stay, they were ofcourse working. They always left a hot coffee for us, and some sandwiches, and a list what to do at home, b4 we get drunk :) It was so nice, it felt like we're leaving with our best mates/family. It was so normal, letters like "Today we have a ginger dish washing, and macaroni loundry" haha :) I felt like in highschool, but the last years of it, not the freshmans time. We did everything together, they were taking so much holidays they could, to send time with us. I enjoyed the 24hr "Roti" place, just made for drunk people. I was not even once in MCD, and b4 I left I was affraid, I would be pushed to eat there, but the food was excellent. 

I did not mention, but my room was all in Italian posters and colours, and Irish gouys had same thing but with irish posters. This was so nice, although you did write at every poster with Kean "f***" :) And I'm saying "Kurwa" all the time :) Did you realize polish people use it for everything? It means - cool, nice, bad, disappointment, happiness... basiacaly everything :)

And Poznan, what a one big party, and love all over this place. The green old market, but still, even when I was walking there with an Italian shirt I had so much fun. I lost myself, so one girl told me that she can walk me there, but only if I would buy her a beer. Not even a drink in some fancy club, no a beer, we were drinking in some park, nearly this mall "stari brewery"

aaaand you propably noticed that in Poland the girls they are just brethtaking. I mean, 70% of them are awesome, whats interesting, even fat girls were very pretty. I was walking down the streets, and I was thinking "sh*t, after 500m walking, I saw 20 polish girls I would shag". 

When I was leaving, my friends from Poland, they bought me a whole bag (I think like 10kg) stuff from Poland - vodka, sweets, some souveniers... I ama big boy, but I cried my ass off. 

I'm just about to finish, but there is one more thing. My whole family was telling me "don;t go there, it's a  sh*thole. and there is nothing to do, and propably dangerous". Stupid panorama paradocument was all over the news. I really expected something bad, in the best case, something i wouldn;t regret, but what I saw there, in Poznan.... time of my live. I was in 2006 GErmany, 2008 Euro's in Sitzerland and Austria, and Poznan was the best fun ever. I never saw fans of other countrys anywhere singing a song about the hosts. And here, I think everyone who came back from poland knows " Polska bialo tsherwony" - or however you spell it, but I can sing it. And people were singing it all over poland, I saw, spanish, italian, irish and other fans singing that, just like that. Not only in front of the polish tv. 

Awesome. Just awesome. And no offence for france, but honestly, I would rather have one more time  euro in Poland. And Poland Only. And more games in Poznan. 

end of story, sorry its so long, but it's just such an awesome trip.
EwwPL View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EwwPL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 2:16am
Originally posted by italiano italiano wrote:

Hi guys, I want to write a longer story. I'm Italian, just came back from Poland, actually I spend my whole trip in Poznan (except of the final, and gdansk game). I was renting a room in a big flat and lived with Polish and Irish lads (and even Coratian guys for two nights) and .... I'll begin the story.

So I arrived in Poznan on the 7th Jun, and I was so excited I left my backpack in the tram. So I lost all of my documents, CC's, and money. I was really depresed, bcoz my room was only prepaid, and I thought it will be a tough case. I called the guy, who was renting the room, and explained the situation, and everything he said was - Go to the first taxi you see, and give your mobile to the driver. I did so, and in 5 minutes I was by the flat, and this guy (Tomek) was waiting there on the street and paid for my taxi! 

So I went into this appartment and they showed me my room, so I started to unpack myself, and was quite upset with my situation, and thought what to do. I did not even finish to unpack my underwere, and two guys came into my room, with a frozen vodka, and a big bong and told me - Drink! Smoke! We don't accept a denial!

So I took the 1st shot, and 2nd, and 3rd, and got drunk. Forgot about my backpack issue, I was enjoying the pretty heavy welcome. After two hours, Tomek came in with ... 600 zł, and told me "sorry mate, thats everything we can borrow you. You can give it back whenever you want to" I was like - hell no, impossible, they know me for a couple of hours, and they want to borrow me 600zl eq. 150 EUR ... I tried to deny, but again ... they did not accept it :) 

So next day, I phoned my girlfriend, and asked her to send me some money. Unfortunately, she was on a business trip with no access to our account. This 600 zł saved my first 3 days till I got my money. I wanted to give them back 200 EUR, but they were trully offenced by that offer. They wanted exactly 600 zl back, and no cent more! Well, they did accept a six pack of beer :) 

So during this whole stay, they were ofcourse working. They always left a hot coffee for us, and some sandwiches, and a list what to do at home, b4 we get drunk :) It was so nice, it felt like we're leaving with our best mates/family. It was so normal, letters like "Today we have a ginger dish washing, and macaroni loundry" haha :) I felt like in highschool, but the last years of it, not the freshmans time. We did everything together, they were taking so much holidays they could, to send time with us. I enjoyed the 24hr "Roti" place, just made for drunk people. I was not even once in MCD, and b4 I left I was affraid, I would be pushed to eat there, but the food was excellent. 

I did not mention, but my room was all in Italian posters and colours, and Irish gouys had same thing but with irish posters. This was so nice, although you did write at every poster with Kean "f***" :) And I'm saying "Kurwa" all the time :) Did you realize polish people use it for everything? It means - cool, nice, bad, disappointment, happiness... basiacaly everything :)

And Poznan, what a one big party, and love all over this place. The green old market, but still, even when I was walking there with an Italian shirt I had so much fun. I lost myself, so one girl told me that she can walk me there, but only if I would buy her a beer. Not even a drink in some fancy club, no a beer, we were drinking in some park, nearly this mall "stari brewery"

aaaand you propably noticed that in Poland the girls they are just brethtaking. I mean, 70% of them are awesome, whats interesting, even fat girls were very pretty. I was walking down the streets, and I was thinking "sh*t, after 500m walking, I saw 20 polish girls I would shag". 

When I was leaving, my friends from Poland, they bought me a whole bag (I think like 10kg) stuff from Poland - vodka, sweets, some souveniers... I ama big boy, but I cried my ass off. 

I'm just about to finish, but there is one more thing. My whole family was telling me "don;t go there, it's a  sh*thole. and there is nothing to do, and propably dangerous". Stupid panorama paradocument was all over the news. I really expected something bad, in the best case, something i wouldn;t regret, but what I saw there, in Poznan.... time of my live. I was in 2006 GErmany, 2008 Euro's in Sitzerland and Austria, and Poznan was the best fun ever. I never saw fans of other countrys anywhere singing a song about the hosts. And here, I think everyone who came back from poland knows " Polska bialo tsherwony" - or however you spell it, but I can sing it. And people were singing it all over poland, I saw, spanish, italian, irish and other fans singing that, just like that. Not only in front of the polish tv. 

Awesome. Just awesome. And no offence for france, but honestly, I would rather have one more time  euro in Poland. And Poland Only. And more games in Poznan. 

One of the most beautiful reviews after Euro I've ever heard! As a Polish woman I could only say - THANK YOU!Heart  Really nice to hear so many, good things about Poland!Thumbs Up

(Yeaaah... Only Pole can understand all the meaning of word 'kurwa' Big smileBig smileBig smile)

Here's to you! Beer
poznankeeper View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poznankeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 9:11am

On  our city photoportal has appeared a gallery - Remembering UEFA EURO 2012 ™. You can upload photos with your memories or thanks concerning competition. Your photo will be transhipped on this site. Final effect will be your photo in frame with logo of City of Poznań and your memories. Check our web site http://fotoportal.poznan.pl/galeria/wspomnieniaeuro and have a great fun!!!Smile

Karina Pjanka View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karina Pjanka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:15am

Great story mate! Cheers Beer
heighway2heaven View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heighway2heaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 11:22am

Great story mate. The people of Poznan are amazing alright!Clap
http://giant.gfycat.com/LimpLittleArabianoryx.gif
kimbap View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimbap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 12:21pm

Great account of your trip and well told.Fair playClap
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 1:12pm

Nice summary Italiano Clap

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Karina Pjanka View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karina Pjanka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 1:53pm

So I arrived in Poznan on the 7th Jun, and I was so excited I left my backpack in the tram. So I lost all of my documents, CC's, and money.

Did you managed to get your backpack back?
After the Euro there is many Lost&Found Places you can search. I've seen the one in Warsaw. Rooms full of walets, phones, ID documents, and luggages.

Motyl View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Motyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 5:03pm

Hi, my sister showed me your post and I just loved your story! I'm thinking about making a small video for my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheGPNB about Euro 2012 and I'd like to get as many opionions as I can. I was wondering, when I think the project over, would you be interested in answering to some questions about your trip to Poland?

Le God View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Le God Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2012 at 8:42pm
i spent 13 days in torun with 4 other friend in lovely apartment. before i left my polish friend i work with told me i would like torun, but he was way off the mark, i F**king love torun so much so i wish i had a tyskie right now in Klub mockba,(one of many great spots). what made me fall in love with Torun was not just the beautiful woman they have, or maybe it was Wink
i think it was our second day,  really made me realise how nice the people were  (the 1st day was a blur), we were in klub 21 i think and a guy and 2 girls ask us to sit beside them because we were Irish, the gargle was flowing the crack was 90 and because they had collage the next day they had to leave early, as klub21 was nearly empty we asked 'whats the best nightclub' so they walked us to a great klub called revolution,  which was the oppitsit direction to where there home was. This was one of the many stories i have of kindness of the polish people, its helpful people like that made our trip the best ive ever had, i cant wait to go back
Beautiful People Of Poland, I Thank You So MuchClap

Ashley POL View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ashley POL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 4:45pm

Best review! Tongue
ooo_macarena View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ooo_macarena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2012 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

I loved Poland , the people especially in Poznan were some of the nicest iv'e ever met and its one trip i will never forget Clap

Heart
Dami View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 3:30am
Hi everyone.

Well, I would like to write some of my reflections. In advance I apologize for my english, which is not even close to good :).

I'm from Szczecin in Poland, and as I won tickets for Spain group games I spent about 2 weeks in Gdansk with my girlfriend. I knew the city very well (as I have a lot of friends there) so I didn't expect anything extraordinary. Huh, how stupid I was... It was a different city with Irish and Spanish fans. It is not that you have just discovered Poland, but us - polish people did it, because finally we could saw it in a new perspective. That's why all of you made us winners of this tournament.

In past years we've heard (and seen) a lot about english tourists. In polish cities they were always drunk, dirty and rude (especially for women, which they saw as poor wh**es). Sorry for comparising you with them, but you must understand that in the past irish fans were often associated with english one's as "british" in overall. The same like Poland was associated with "wild east" by western countries. It was such a mistake. Of course, few Irish people have tried to make some advances to my gf, but always with respect and always with great humour when they found out she's not alone :). Every try was finally ending with a few beers or vodka drunk together.

Finally, thanks to all of you (and other fans at Euro2012) Poland is not seen as "bunch of poor, drunk people who steal our cars" anymore. I Was working in global corporation in Switzerland for last few years as new media designer, and as I have rarely been offended for my nationality I could've always feel some distance. I came back just before Euro, now looking for a new contract in other country and through all conversations I had, I already can feel and see a change in our image. It is really great.

Sorry if it was too long, or too serious for this thread. Just wanted to express how a lot of Poles propably feel after Euro2012 about themselves and Irish fans. And this feeling is so fu**ing good.
eselif View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eselif Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2012 at 2:32pm
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 7:22pm
Bump. Poland! What a country! I have been back twice to Poznan since the Euro. I really like Poland and the Polish people. I can't say enough about the place.  Had a brilliant time in the summer and last week we went to a Lech Poznan game. I will be going back soon! Clap
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Bump. Poland! What a country! I have been back twice to Poznan since the Euro. I really like Poland and the Polish people. I can't say enough about the place.  Had a brilliant time in the summer and last week we went to a Lech Poznan game. I will be going back soon! Clap

Of course you will....................................................................................................................

edited by trap junior

Edited by McG - 03 Dec 2012 at 8:00pm
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2012 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

get your hole over for new years . i got flights for 165 over and back in total
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223>
  Share Topic