You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 563564565566567 667>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2021 at 11:35pm
The current Simple the best not the cleverest. I'll just put it down to  the creators Ignorance of its significance among certain groups in NI.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Sponsored Links

Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 10:43am
What's the significance of simply the best? I thought it was just because they use the Tina Turner song at castle greyskull? Incidentally, that has ruined what was a catchy song to these ears. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

who keeps changing the title LOL

Tony's new signature LOLClap

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:16pm
I could imagine a genuine Rangers fan joining ybig to troll over their league win and them being totally puzzled at the complimentary thread title for his club LOL

Edited by irishmufc - 22 Mar 2021 at 6:16pm
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I could imagine a genuine Rangers fan joining ybig to troll over their league win and them being totally puzzled at the complimentary thread title for his club LOL

I'd actually like to see a genuine Rangers fan joining, and posting in good faith. The dogpiles would be unbelievable.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 6:38pm
[QUOTE=Reillers88]What's the significance of simply the best? I thought it was just because they use the Tina Turner song at castle greyskull? Incidentally, that has ruined what was a catchy song to these ears. [/QUOTED) Simply the Best, 2nd battalion of the UFF"...as the song goes

Edited by Cabra Hoop - 22 Mar 2021 at 6:39pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:02pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Originally posted by Reillers88 Reillers88 wrote:

What's the significance of simply the best? I thought it was just because they use the Tina Turner song at castle greyskull? Incidentally, that has ruined what was a catchy song to these ears. 
Simply the Best, 2nd battalion of the UFF"...as the song goes

In the interests of balance, the Celtic thread might be renamed:
"The Bhoys are back in town".

Or better still, "The Bhoys are back in second".

You know, to drive Tony completely up the wall. Wink

Edited by Territorial - 22 Mar 2021 at 9:03pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:34pm
Simply The Best is a great song just like You'll Never Walk Alone and Blue Moon. 

Anyone that's turned off a particular piece of music just because it is adopted by a football club they don't like might want to take a look at themselves tbh. 
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:45pm

Simply The Best is a great song just like You'll Never Walk Alone and Blue Moon. 

Anyone that's turned off a particular piece of music just because it is adopted by a football club they don't like might want to take a look at themselves tbh. 
YNWA, interesting one, first sung by Man U fans...
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

YNWA, interesting one, first sung by Man U fans...

You know your history Cabra.  Wink

I think it was sung round the time of the Munich Disaster among the United support.  
Reillers88 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reillers88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 6:55am

In this instance a club with an overtly racist fan base that has a history of despising anything Irish and our culture? On the contrary, I'd suggest anyone with your attitude should get off their high horse. I'm even more turned off the song knowing that it's sung with reference to the UFF as well. 
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 12:35pm

In this instance a club with an overtly racist fan base that has a history of despising anything Irish and our culture? On the contrary, I'd suggest anyone with your attitude should get off their high horse. I'm even more turned off the song knowing that it's sung with reference to the UFF as well. 

I don't like rangers although I don't dislike all their fans but no way would them singing it put me off a song that has nothing to do with their club when it was released. I was at a League of Ireland title celebration a few years back and they were playing it. I don't think it crossed anybodys mind that rangers fans like to sing it too. 
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

I don't like rangers although I don't dislike all their fans but no way would them singing it put me off a song that has nothing to do with their club when it was released. I was at a League of Ireland title celebration a few years back and they were playing it. I don't think it crossed anybodys mind that rangers fans like to sing it too. 

I think if you are from the North or to an extent Glasgow, that song is synonymous to Rangers and wee Johnny's battalion..
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Badgersboys9 Badgersboys9 wrote:

I think if you are from the North or to an extent Glasgow, that song is synonymous to Rangers and wee Johnny's battalion..

I'm from the South. If the boys up north want to be offended by a classic then that's their loss. 
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by ConorMac77 ConorMac77 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

who keeps changing the title LOL
One of the mods, I presume but whoever it is - stand up and take a bow. LOLClap
Or take a bullet, as per loyalist slogans popping up in Glasgow and surrounding areas the last number of weeks. But I guess a Rangers thread on here makes certain posters/mods feel relevant 
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:50pm

I'm from the South. If the boys up north want to be offended by a classic then that's their loss. 

Fair enough. Offended would be the wrong word though. If a song is synonymous with a loyalist battalion who wear it on t-shirts as some sort of uniform, had multiple murals plastered with it and who killed and maimed innocent people based on their religion, then I think they/myself have a right to be 'offended' by that particular song. At the same time, I have no problem with someone 'from the South' as you pointed out liking it. Turn it up to 11 there.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 1:59pm

Fair enough. Offended would be the wrong word though. If a song is synonymous with a loyalist battalion who wear it on t-shirts as some sort of uniform, had multiple murals plastered with it and who killed and maimed innocent people based on their religion, then I think they/myself have a right to be 'offended' by that particular song. At the same time, I have no problem with someone 'from the South' as you pointed out liking it. Turn it up to 11 there.
As a starting point to you being offended -  stop referring to them, as a fuking army
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2021 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

As a starting point to you being offended -  stop referring to them, as a fuking army

Fair point re Army. I am also not offended by it as I said previously. Its synonymous with the UFF, that all I'm pointing out and pointing it out in a non abusive manner before you start jumping down anyones throat. That its really! I couldn't care less who plays it, who likes it or if you run around in your house dressed as Tina Turner belting it out mate. What I am saying is correct, end of.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 563564565566567 667>
  Share Topic