Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 547548549550551 667>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Ah yes the BBC are in on it too of course they are LOL
Neil Lennon is in on it

Peter Lawwell is in on it

Most of the Celtic players are in on it

You have no idea how deep this conspiracy goes

Celtic itself has been deeply penetrated by illuminati agents

If you knew the REAL truth your mind would be blown

Do YoUr OwN rEsEaRcH

Edited by sid waddell - 06 Mar 2021 at 11:23am
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 11:26am
LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 11:42am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

BBC UK 6 o'clock news last night tying themselves in knots & lies with their "our final story"

All the Sevco bingo was present
"Relegated"
"Promotion back up the leagues"
"Another title"

This is the same organisation that financed a documentary on the liquidation and death of Glasgow Rangers in 2012
The media are an extremely dangerous tool
Spreading lies and false sense of superiority amongst these loyalist ratbags

What absolute guff. Nonsensical waffle.

Rangers didn't die.

The media aren't out to get anybody and aren't doing anybody's bidding.

The "bingo" is the recitation of facts. Facts. Read the history books, and that's the facts.

Whats funny is the moment the SEVCO thing that people parrot is challenged, Celtic fans like to call it banter. But there remains a core committed to the narrative.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 11:49am
I think Rangers relegation was the same way as Parma and Derry?

Edited by Jackal - 06 Mar 2021 at 11:50am
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

BBC UK 6 o'clock news last night tying themselves in knots & lies with their "our final story"

All the Sevco bingo was present
"Relegated"
"Promotion back up the leagues"
"Another title"

This is the same organisation that financed a documentary on the liquidation and death of Glasgow Rangers in 2012
The media are an extremely dangerous tool
Spreading lies and false sense of superiority amongst these loyalist ratbags

What absolute guff. Nonsensical waffle.

Rangers didn't die.

The media aren't out to get anybody and aren't doing anybody's bidding.

The "bingo" is the recitation of facts. Facts. Read the history books, and that's the facts.

Whats funny is the moment the SEVCO thing that people parrot is challenged, Celtic fans like to call it banter. But there remains a core committed to the narrative.

Rangers were liquidated in 2012. You can dress it up whatever way you wish.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

And they were a club before they were incorporated. It is an argument that has a distinct bang of "modern football" off of it. Clubs exist independent of corporate structures in society, and if they incorporate, and things go south the club and its members can still have perpetuity, even if the corporate structure is gone. As a question, Do club's get to claim the prizes and history of a club won prior to incorporation, or are they are new club, and as such, these cant be claimed by the club which is now incorporated?

Also, you know full well that if the roles were reversed, the argument I'm making would be the first thing that comes to mind in the eyes of Celtic fans.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 12:59pm
Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 1:38pm

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

And they were a club before they were incorporated. It is an argument that has a distinct bang of "modern football" off of it. Clubs exist independent of corporate structures in society, and if they incorporate, and things go south the club and its members can still have perpetuity, even if the corporate structure is gone. As a question, Do club's get to claim the prizes and history of a club won prior to incorporation, or are they are new club, and as such, these cant be claimed by the club which is now incorporated?

Also, you know full well that if the roles were reversed, the argument I'm making would be the first thing that comes to mind in the eyes of Celtic fans.
From the point of view of their liquidation, I know that Cork City never felt the same to me after dying and reforming. It was the same fans wearing the same colours at the same ground in the same town, but it was different. It might not have felt different to everyone, but I reckon a lot of that would be denial.

Aside of that, I am not sure there are many clubs left at the top levels of modern football, in Britain at least, whether we like it or not! There is very little connection between clubs and the communities they are in, and where there is it often feels forced and corporate, like when McDonald's sponsor kids sports or when major food and drink brands put their finger to the wind on social issues like racism, homophobia or transphobia.
As a Celtic fan, like fans of any other club, I thought mine was a bit different. That's the denial we all face. The reality is that it is as corporate as any other, if thankfully not being used to launder the reputation of an evil regime or individual; yet! Deep down I know I will support them until that happens, but many others will ignore it if it does.
Since Rangers reformed I would, through gritted teeth, admit that they have managed to keep a connection with their support more than most. I might dislike the manner in which they do it, especially in early November, and they certainly seemed to have taken gambles financially, regardless of how Tones and Phil McFourNames may exaggerate it! That doesn't change that, like Cork City and Derry City and Parma mentioned above, that they left Rangers die and Celtic fans will mock them for it. Those that say it was McCann saved Celtic ignore the fact that he headed a deal that saw a share release that was taken up by thousands of loyal (lol) fans to save the club then. They didn't do it and neither did any of the others mentioned. 

Even where I watch most of my football now, in the English fourth division and below, there are questions about how much of a club, in the truest sense many are. Forest Green Rovers, who get showered with good publicity for their progressive attitudes on the environment, but they are just an advertisement and vanity project for Dale Vince and his company, with little connection to the club that it was.
Even at Cambridge United, who I fell in love with for feeling exactly how I feel a football club should, by being a part of its surroundings while also being one of the few Cambridge institutions that is defiantly separate from the University, isn't perfect when stripped down. I go to the matches, when allowed, with a local who has gone fifty years and he questions why a football club has a CEO, never mind one who has no interested in football, has no connection to the city and was parachuted in for his business acumen. When he said it I understood what he meant, despite my admiration for how said CEO handled the infamous disapproval of players taking the knee against Colchester United when we were allowed in, briefly.

I think the pandemic has, like it has done with badly run countries and its citizens, highlighted the schism between a football 'club' and its community and supporters more. We know that a club is its fans, that's an accepted truth in football; but it is barely even a half-truth now. The pandemic has made football a television show for everyone and the cynic in me makes me feel that that's what those that run 'clubs' want now. They don't need fans for the spectacle anymore. Of course we will still go back, but we have all seen how it has been diluted, whether we care to admit it or not. That's the denial. 

I have been shocked that the EPL didn't use this period to try and ship games to the Middle East as it is the next link to having teams move outside of England, which I feel is the end goal. A world or European super league of some form or other. At the moment they have that, to a certain extent from a Champions League (sic) that can only won by a dozen or so clubs, but I do feel thats what those laundering reputations want as the next stage of the progression of laundering their reputations.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 1:57pm
Thousands of scum at Ibrox at present, completely flouting any social distancing rules

Cops are there, probably to join in
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:18pm

Thousands of scum at Ibrox at present, completely flouting any social distancing rules

Cops are there, probably to join in

I'm sure Celtic fans would have all stayed at home if they won the league though 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:28pm
A lot of good points there PM. And I have always held the belief that there is a disconnect between commercials entities which make commercial decisions without consulting the notional members (i.e. the fans). But there are a lot of ways changes to a club can make fans feel a disconnect. Changes in Stadium, changes in owner, relocation etc are just some of them. However, I still go back to the fact that the club is an etherial concept which falls apart if the fans walk away (or at amateur level if the members go). 

Its not chicken and the egg, as a rule, as the club generally predates incorporation, and generally accepted is the fact that after incorporation, the achievements of the team, prior to incorporation remain part of their legacy. the structure has changed, but not the genesis and history of the club, which is separate, and cant be bought and sold (no matter how much modern football might try). 

I suppose even thought there are Celtic fans who joke about the SEVCO thing, I see a lot who are very wedded to the idea, or will certainly not correct people about it. And even those who joke about it almost do so in reverse of the proverb that "many a true word is spoken in jest".
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:33pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 2:45pm
Rangers are a totally non-sectarian club with a totally non-sectarian history

I can't get the hatred for them among Celtic supporters
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:22am
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:24am
Not a comparison to suggest they died. Wrong again.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:29am

A lot of good points there PM. And I have always held the belief that there is a disconnect between commercials entities which make commercial decisions without consulting the notional members (i.e. the fans). But there are a lot of ways changes to a club can make fans feel a disconnect. Changes in Stadium, changes in owner, relocation etc are just some of them. However, I still go back to the fact that the club is an etherial concept which falls apart if the fans walk away (or at amateur level if the members go). 

Its not chicken and the egg, as a rule, as the club generally predates incorporation, and generally accepted is the fact that after incorporation, the achievements of the team, prior to incorporation remain part of their legacy. the structure has changed, but not the genesis and history of the club, which is separate, and cant be bought and sold (no matter how much modern football might try). 

I suppose even thought there are Celtic fans who joke about the SEVCO thing, I see a lot who are very wedded to the idea, or will certainly not correct people about it. And even those who joke about it almost do so in reverse of the proverb that "many a true word is spoken in jest".
Yes, but the club has been, in general, removed from its community. There's nothing wrong with Celtic fans mocking Rangers fans for letting their club died when they saved their own. It is very close to being the whole point of being a football fan! And of course they are wedded to that idea!
As I found out with Cork City, there is no bigger disconnect than the club dying. It can be dressed up in my ways after,  but that's denial. 

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:47am
It doesn't make sense that the Celtic fans who are most fervently anti-Rangers should have such hatred for a club which is less than nine years old, has never won a league title, and has no sectarian history nor a history of hooliganism or paedophilia, like Celtic do

Surely it's a great story for a club like that to win a league title for the first time

I mean if Dundee United or Falkirk won the league, there would be wide and warm congratulations for them, so why not plucky little Rangers

A superb achievement and a fantastic story, at least when they get that one point needed, or more likely, Celtic hand it to them by losing today

A victory for the little guys, for the good guys

Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Yes, but the club has been, in general, removed from its community. There's nothing wrong with Celtic fans mocking Rangers fans for letting their club died when they saved their own. It is very close to being the whole point of being a football fan! And of course they are wedded to that idea!
As I found out with Cork City, there is no bigger disconnect than the club dying. It can be dressed up in my ways after,  but that's denial. 

But there is a difference to being wedded to a jeer, to actively seeking out ways to make fact of the narrative. And that's what gets me. There are a number of Celtic fans who believe the Club died, as opposed to the underlying corporate entity (this has other problems and ethical repercussion, especially in relation to debt left behind). But, what I'm willing to point out is when people conflate the liquidation of the corporate with the death of the ethereal club. Especially one which had instant perpetuity.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 547548549550551 667>
  Share Topic