You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 667>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Clarke bringing a lot of issues with Scottish football to attention the last few weeks. Some of them a failure on the SFA , more of them a failure on society in general.

Scottish football has so much bile and hate

i'll take the bite on that comment and agree to an extent

is it anymore hateful than the likes of united and liverpool chanting about munich and heysel where there was a loss of life 

if I sung about the ibrox disaster would probably be arrested in scotland 

the religious aspect adds to it, the huns wouldnt survive without the orange pound

as someone who suffered as a kid at the hands of bigots and why my parents took me to ireland at a young age i echo what steve clarke said last night, it's great to be away from the cess pit of the west of scotland, sometimes it makes belfast look tame, i go back for games see friends and get back out 

and before any smart arses suggest we dont have our own idiots - we do 

Edited by manchesterbhoy - 21 Feb 2019 at 11:28am
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:37am
the Killie red will be rescinded but it doesn't matter, its another decision in another game that completely affected the game in sevcos favour (AGAIN) so job done by the cheating official
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:38am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Absolutely nothing said that season Scott brown was attacked on the pitch, Scott Sinclair racially abused and Griffith's hit with a battery taking a corner IN THE ONE GAME

Scotland is a Hun hole

Why do you get so upset about British football?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:41am
Originally posted by manchesterbhoy manchesterbhoy wrote:

Clarke bringing a lot of issues with Scottish football to attention the last few weeks. Some of them a failure on the SFA , more of them a failure on society in general.

is it anymore hateful than the likes of united and liverpool chanting about munich and heysel where there was a loss of life 

the religious aspect adds to it, the huns wouldnt survive without the orange pound

as someone who suffered as a kid at the hands of bigots and why my parents took me to ireland at a young age i echo what steve clarke said last night, it's great to be away from the cess pit of the west of scotland, sometimes it makes belfast look tame, i go back for games see friends and get back out 

and before any smart arses suggest we dont have our own idiots - we do 

It's the above why I could never follow Celtic, why you'd want that in your life. I'd find it too depressing and represents a past which is going away but still always there
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 11:56am

I used to follow Cliftonville a lot in my youth. I'd only go to the odd game now, maybe one or two a year, but every time I go to a game these days I come away thinking that its come a long way and is a lot more tame compared to going to a match in Glasgow, in that respect.

In Scotland they're  continually bleating on about Orange bastards, fenian bastards, provos, taigs etc things that most of them don't really know much about. Not that i'm excusing it or playing it down, but many in Scotland use these terms for a bit of craic and it doesn't cause much offence to them. Maybe its because, in truth, they don't really know much about it.

Read in Liam Beckett's article a few weeks ago (former irish league manager) a story about him hosting a talk show in Portadown a few years ago called Sport and The Troubles. Lennon and David Healy were on the panel. A Celtic fan got up and said he would never go to Windsor Park due to the amount of sectarian comments that are shouted. Lennon said I take it you don't go to Celtic Park then as you would hear a lot more there, apparently.

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:16pm
Candeias also let off with a 2 footed tackle just before HT

Lest we forget

Edited by tonyjaa - 21 Feb 2019 at 12:16pm
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Candeias also let off with a 2 footed tackle just before HT

Lest we forget

'God of our fathers, known of old,
Lord of our far-flung battle line,
Beneath whose awful hand we hold
Dominion over palm and pine—
Lord God of Hosts, be with us yet,
Lest we forget—lest we forget!'
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I used to follow Cliftonville a lot in my youth. I'd only go to the odd game now, maybe one or two a year, but every time I go to a game these days I come away thinking that its come a long way and is a lot more tame compared to going to a match in Glasgow, in that respect.

In Scotland they're  continually bleating on about Orange bastards, fenian bastards, provos, taigs etc things that most of them don't really know much about. Not that i'm excusing it or playing it down, but many in Scotland use these terms for a bit of craic and it doesn't cause much offence to them. Maybe its because, in truth, they don't really know much about it.

Read in Liam Beckett's article a few weeks ago (former irish league manager) a story about him hosting a talk show in Portadown a few years ago called Sport and The Troubles. Lennon and David Healy were on the panel. A Celtic fan got up and said he would never go to Windsor Park due to the amount of sectarian comments that are shouted. Lennon said I take it you don't go to Celtic Park then as you would hear a lot more there, apparently.

ireland has come a long way as a whole, scotland has remained static

first place to start imo are the walks ban both

sevco rely more on the bigot pound(orange kit) and their entitlement to win at all costs
the politicians wont do anything more than lip service as it will cost them votes 

its a clusterf**k and not one anyone here can solve

i'm happy i dont see the sh*t every day and can duck in and out when i please 

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:46pm

Can you keep the atmosphere and intensity while losing that? The atmosphere is great at a lot of games in Scotland, the well supported teams anyway.

Not having a go at Clarke here, but I felt it was a bit rich to give out about Rangers fans while holding Chelsea up as an example!

Edited by pre Madonna - 21 Feb 2019 at 12:47pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 12:53pm
True.
Clarke spoke about them not being allowed to call his assistant a black b. He could take him to Chelsea for that.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Feb 2019 at 12:53pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:13pm

True.
Clarke spoke about them not being allowed to call his assistant a black b. He could take him to Chelsea for that.
I see Rangers fans are saying he didn't mention the chanting at Boyd on Sunday, did he? 

I am not trying to laugh it off or anything, he seemed genuinely upset, but he isn't a Fenian. I know that it has come to mean just Catholic in Scotland, I am not sure how, but I am unaware on his political views on the future of Ireland.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

True.
I see Rangers fans are saying he didn't mention the chanting at Boyd on Sunday, did he? 

I am not trying to laugh it off or anything, he seemed genuinely upset, but he isn't a Fenian. I know that it has come to mean just Catholic in Scotland, I am not sure how, but I am unaware on his political views on the future of Ireland.

Inconclusive finding - case dismissed.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:46pm

True.

No, I haven't seen any quotes from him about Boyd's abuse.

It was in some news reports on the story that "it came a few days after Kris Boyd was abused"
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

True.

In fairness, that is probably my own lack of understanding of the Scottish misunderstanding of an Irish problem. Which probably explains the whole thing!

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:31pm

True.

In fairness, that is probably my own lack of understanding of the Scottish misunderstanding of an Irish problem. Which probably explains the whole thing!

Only having a laugh PM. Why we give a flying f about the sectarian problem that blights the WOS is beyond me. Its not as if either of these Christian sects have anything to be proud of. Its the tut tuting from some who think they are ethically and morally superior that tickles me...
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 2:41pm

Its the tut tuting from some who think they are ethically and morally superior that tickles me...
Indeed, the Old Firm are merely the two cheeks of the one arse, squeezing out the same oul sh*te between them.

And not bothered about cleaning up after themselves, either.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:13pm
[URL=https://mobile.twitter.com/yooraneejit/status/1098593532074438656]https://mobile.twitter.com/yooraneejit/status/1098593532074438656[/URL]
4th official last night was a Glasgow rangers player

Very fair indeed

Edited by tonyjaa - 21 Feb 2019 at 3:14pm
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2019 at 3:46pm

I love Scottish football but Steve Clarke is spot on to call out sectarian abuse. It is still a huge issue and we shouldn’t bury our heads in the sand. The people dishing out the abuse should be called out for what they are and dealt with... it is disgusting...

Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 667>
  Share Topic