You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 432433434435436 667>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 4:58pm
Confused
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

And it continues.....as Celtic fans continue to obsess over and doubt every penny paid out by Rangers, that gap continues to close.

Close.. And then they realise the model just isn’t sustainable and they find themselves 3 leagues behind again.

Teams in Scotland just don’t earn enough. You get £5 million for winning the league, that’s not enough for Defoe’s salary never mind the rest of the squad LOL
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:28pm
I’ve been reading on here for 5 years now that they’re about to go bust again and it isn’t sustainable

In the summer on here when they made their first signing people were saying that their total budget for the window was something like 800k and they blew it on one player......they then went on to sign about 9 more
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 5:32pm
They can do whatever they like but long term they’re not achieving anything. 
Once UEFA catch on they’re spending alot more than they’re earning the only European football they’ll see is Berwick Rangers away in the cup
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:03pm
Hopefully the cycle repeats itelfs and Tony can treat himself to a brand spanking new thread
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

And it continues.....as Celtic fans continue to obsess over and doubt every penny paid out by Rangers, that gap continues to close.

From I can see and I could be wrong - Rangers have signed 25 players (some on loan)this year and these 2 will make it 27.

Some amount of signings considering the cash flow issues they have. Not to mention Davis and Defoe would be on massive coin.

Celtic on the other hand have sort a few players and got in a lot of cash, not to mention the prize money from the CL and EL, yet they wouldn't be able to complete for these players.

Are Ranger spending well beyond their budget?
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
reddladd View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reddladd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 6:17pm
Rangers still have their 9 in a row which won't change. If they win the title this year it will go into the history books irrespective of how they got there. Even if it's eventually taken from them the damage is done. An athlete getting a medal 3 years after the event is a bit tarnished.

Celtic need to start signing themselves to prevent it!
I could agree with you but then we'd both be wrong.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Hopefully the cycle repeats itelfs and Tony can treat himself to a brand spanking new thread

As a mod can you change the title into something that makes more sense?

Glasgow Rangers, most successful team in the world?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Did you hear Margaret thatcher is dead ?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 8:30pm

Their success has been tainted through cheating and financial doping, and more importantly the club no longer exists.

Maybe, the mods could call the thread - The new Rangers.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 9:11pm

Tony has probably had a heart attack.  Smile
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 10:17pm
Morelos to Leeds £8m that should keep the lights on for a while
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2019 at 11:30pm
Morelos wouldn't get away with his constant fouling red cards in England/a fair playing field
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 6:07am
Some quotes from Defoe a number of years ago.

"I always have a bible with me I grew up in a Catholic home and my family taught me to have faith".

Should go down well with certain elements of the sevco support.

Wink
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 8:44am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 9:58am

By Chris Sutton
Rangers wrote a letter slaughtering Willie Collum. Will they now be sending John Beaton a note of gratitude?
Make no mistake, the referee and the SFA, have done the Ibrox club a massive favour by letting Alfredo Morelos off the hook.

They’ve also made Scottish football look like a stitch up.
A friend of mine called on Thursday afternoon after the decision was announced and said, ‘I know there are all these conspiracies in Scottish football, but letting Morelos off just makes it looks like the SFA want Rangers to win the league’.

I had no answer to him. What could I say? That’s exactly what it looks like.
Look, this is not a case sour grapes. I said in my column earlier in the week. Rangers were the better team, they deserved to win the match and Morelos is the best striker in the league.

Take nothing away from Rangers, their performance was exceptional.
But any sane supporter in Scotland will admit Morelos was extremely fortunate to stay on the pitch. Simple as that.
If they had applied the rules correctly then El Buffalo would have been on the end of three separate red cards.

That means three bans, six games, or even more if they pushed him through the disciplinary points totting up threshold.
But yet again it looks like the SFA have bottled it.
They know there would have been a huge outcry from Ibrox, but if that’s the reason Beaton has stuck to his guns then it’s either cowardice or corruption, take your pick.
Given the Rangers reaction to the Daniel Candeias red card at St Mirren when they flamed Collum, you have to wonder if the SFA were scared of a similar response this time around.
If so, that is completely wrong. It’s miles off. That decision was a poor one but it doesn’t mean you don’t judge every subsequent one on their own merits.
How the heck can Beaton say he saw the three incidents and didn’t deem any of them to be red cards? It’s unbelievable.

This carry on sends out the wrong message about Scottish football – yet again.
What are we dealing with here, the Wild West? Is it a case of anything goes?
Beaton and the SFA are effectively telling everyone in the game it’s okay to boot a rival player in the nuts.
There’s no probem grabbing someone’s private parts – unless you are Steven MacLean.
It’s fine if you want to stamp on someone.
That’s what the SFA are telling the kids in Scotland who are looking to make their way in the game.
It’s preposterous and genuinely alarming. These are the kind of decisions that are not just influencing young people, they are making Scottish football a laughing stock beyond its own borders.

How will clubs entice players to come north of the border when the game looks completely lawless up here?
Come on up lads, the league is exciting and competitive, but, be careful, you might get the odd boot in the b******s.
It’s beyond a joke.
This is not even the first time this season the disciplinary system has fallen apart. It’s been happening all year.
You go back to the Morelos red card at Aberdeen being overturned, the Mikey Devlin sending off, Gary Dicker, Allan McGregor kicking out at Kris Ajer, the list is going on and on.
The buffoonery of the beaks is off the scale and the lot of them should resign in shame.
The bungling referees, the ex-ref old boys network, the compliance officer – clearly none of them are fit for purpose.

They should all walk for being completely stupid. It doesn’t matter if it’s a player for Rangers, Celtic or whoever, right minded people have a handle on what is right an wrong.
Beaton will have had the chance to watch the incidents again, slow them down and analyse them properly.

To come away with the same conclusion is beyond belief and the SFA should have the ability to step in and deal with the situation properly if the referee is unwilling or unable to take the responsibility.
It would have been a travesty if Celtic got anything from the game last week.
But it’s a bigger travesty Morelos has managed to get off scot free.

Edited by tonyjaa - 04 Jan 2019 at 9:59am
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:17am
Kamara from Dundee & Jones from Kilmarnock signing pre contracts with sevco

Jones is another norn irn hun joining them
thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:42am
I usually laugh at lads here for howling at the moon but the lack of reprucussions for Morelos is scandelous. Davis and Defoe brilliant signings for them. Really could win the league now. Looks like the sfa will continue to do their bit for them anyway
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan 2019 at 11:56am
Neil Doncaster is the biggest problem in Scottish football right now. The man is such a clueless oaf
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 432433434435436 667>
  Share Topic