Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 351352353354355 667>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah 18k.
So tickets should be easily enough got you would think

Which is why I don't understand Celtic's logic, Linfield would have agreed to well over the allocation to get money in. I went to watch Cliftonville at Windsor a good few years back and it was edgy but grand, I don't think this would have been any different. There is a lot more potential for trouble now.

Celtic cannot be held responsible now.  10 UEFA fines in 6 years must mean more sectarian chanting could lead to a ground closure or worse.  Linfield are now 100% responsible for fans behaviour.  It's a smart move by Celtic. 

The sectarian chanting that you are referring too, do you actually mean waving a Palestine flag? which Celtic were fined for a few times is hardly sectarian, thus resulting in Celtic fans and supporters raising 200k for charity but let's dismiss that for the moment, when you think about it, it's actually a sectarian gesture from UEFA, considering they allow the flying of the Israel flag but not Palestine.

Edited by horsebox - 01 Jul 2017 at 12:56pm
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah 18k.
So tickets should be easily enough got you would think

Which is why I don't understand Celtic's logic, Linfield would have agreed to well over the allocation to get money in. I went to watch Cliftonville at Windsor a good few years back and it was edgy but grand, I don't think this would have been any different. There is a lot more potential for trouble now.

Celtic cannot be held responsible now.  10 UEFA fines in 6 years must mean more sectarian chanting could lead to a ground closure or worse.  Linfield are now 100% responsible for fans behaviour.  It's a smart move by Celtic. 

The sectarian chanting that you are referring too, do you actually mean waving a Palestine flag? which Celtic were fined for a few times is hardly sectarian, thus resulting in Celtic fans and supporters raising 200k for charity but let's dismiss that for the moment, when you think about it, it's actually a sectarian gesture from UEFA, considering they allow the flying of the Israel flag but not Palestine.

No I mean sectarian chanting

eg

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 5:23pm
Despite what the headline says that isn't sectarian chanting, UEFA fined the club for 'offensive' chanting.
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:09pm

Despite what the headline says that isn't sectarian chanting, UEFA fined the club for 'offensive' chanting.

offensive chanting glorifying a sectarian terrorist organisation aka the IRA.  
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm

But that wasn't the charge, whatever about the veracity of the statement.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 10:58am

If Rangers\Linfield\Northern Ireland had a dick would you suck it?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 11:44am

If Rangers\Linfield\Northern Ireland had a dick would you suck it?

Leave it out HB. Gspain is one of the most articulate and knowledgeable posters on here. He isn't throwing mud at people, he's only making a point and it's a fair one. Celtic have some great support but they have been in trouble with UEFA loads of times and there has been/ is pro IRA chants at their games. So what are you having a pop at him for?
El Puto Amo
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:17pm
How many is loads of times?

gpain is insinuating that Celtic have been fined 10 times for sectarian chanting over the last 6 years. This is incorrect. The majority of these fines are for waving a Palestine flag.

He's also insinuating that Celtic would have been the ones looking to cause trouble and getting the club banned.

Yet, Linfield and\or their fans appear to be obsolved of everything before the game has even started!

Edited by horsebox - 02 Jul 2017 at 12:24pm
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:26pm
So why didn't you say that instead of making a childish comment?

He actually said fook all of what you've accused him of. He posted the following;

"10 UEFA fines in 6 years must mean more sectarian chanting could lead to a ground closure or worse"

You're a bit sensitive on the subject.
El Puto Amo
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:37pm
Wow, the hammer taking huge offence on behalf of another poster Shocked careful now horsey a couple of high horses are ready to run rough shaw over you
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:45pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Pot and kettle .

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:49pm

I'm not getting my scanties in a knot. Just pointing out that there's no need to abuse one of the only decent posters left on the site for a making a simple comment. That's all.

But to get on my high horse, the phrase is roughshod not rough shaw DOC.

Edited by MC Hammered - 02 Jul 2017 at 12:49pm
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:49pm
As far as I am aware, Celtic have never been fined by UEFA for sectarian chanting, although that is how it has been portrayed in the Scottish media in relation to the incident linked above as Rangers' fans were fined by FARE for the said offence. I think that was the only time Celtic have been charged with offensive chanting.

Most of Celtic's fines in Europe have been over pyro and, as HB said, Palestinian flags. There was also minor scuffles with the local constabulary in Zagreb and the club was fined over the 'terrorist or dreamer' banner too. I think what really got up UEFA's nose, unsurprisingly enough, was the 'f**k UEFA' banner at Udinese. Fines and threats became quite regular after that one.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:51pm
There was no abuse. I simply asked the poster a question because of his love for the said clubs.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:52pm

Pot and kettle .

Well I'm in the semi still locked/ hungover stage so maybe I'm a bit emotional

Edited by MC Hammered - 02 Jul 2017 at 12:52pm
El Puto Amo
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:52pm

I'm not getting my scanties in a knot. Just pointing out that there's no need to abuse one of the only decent posters left on the site for a making a simple comment. That's all.

But to get on my high horse, the phrase is roughshod not rough shaw DOC.
Duly noted Thumbs Up but you got the idea anyway
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 12:57pm

Pot and kettle .

Well I'm in the semi still locked/ hungover stage so maybe I'm a bit emotional

You're not the only one!
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm
Green boots are now banned at Ibrox and WATP is to daubed all over the dressing room walls, that should close the gap!

Edited by pre Madonna - 02 Jul 2017 at 7:22pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 351352353354355 667>
  Share Topic