Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352 667>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by WillieMaley WillieMaley wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That's just pretty standard manager speak really. Not much to get excited/annoyed/interested in with those comments IMO

Yeah, all pretty standard stuff. I do think he seems out of his depth though, he didn't seem to get either the rivalry between the two clubs or the gulf in class, even Graeme Murty got that! I think they had to take a gamble on a manager like Caixinha, the alternatives being 'ranjurs men' and continued disappointment,at least this brought with it a chance of improvement.
The fact he has a poor squad and little money won't help him, a lot of those players won't be up for moving on as they won't get their wages matched. He has a tough summer ahead of him.
I actually completely forgot they were playing last night, which kind of sums up where they are in terms of rivalry.

There was better managers available then Caixinha, particularly in the English game.

Available; yes. Affordable; doubtful. Interested; not a hope.

Warburton's reputation was in tatters after leaving Rangers, despite doing, more or less, what was expected of him( albeit with bizarre blind-spots to certain obvious foibles). He was absolutely haunted to get the Forest job, and they are an absolute basket-case of a club that will be battling relegation next year.
 Their options were within the Scottish pyramid, 'Ranjurs men' or an outside gamble on a manger willing to take a gamble himself. Of those in the SPFL only Wright and McInnes were serious contenders, a step backwards for McInnes and I am convinced that Wright wants the Norn Iron job, a spell at a disaster club would do more harm than good.
It was, as RB said, a Deila style gamble that could have gone either way.
Sponsored Links

WillieMaley View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieMaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:36pm

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

That's just pretty standard manager speak really. Not much to get excited/annoyed/interested in with those comments IMO

Yeah, all pretty standard stuff. I do think he seems out of his depth though, he didn't seem to get either the rivalry between the two clubs or the gulf in class, even Graeme Murty got that! I think they had to take a gamble on a manager like Caixinha, the alternatives being 'ranjurs men' and continued disappointment,at least this brought with it a chance of improvement.
The fact he has a poor squad and little money won't help him, a lot of those players won't be up for moving on as they won't get their wages matched. He has a tough summer ahead of him.
I actually completely forgot they were playing last night, which kind of sums up where they are in terms of rivalry.

There was better managers available then Caixinha, particularly in the English game.

Available; yes. Affordable; doubtful. Interested; not a hope.

Warburton's reputation was in tatters after leaving Rangers, despite doing, more or less, what was expected of him( albeit with bizarre blind-spots to certain obvious foibles). He was absolutely haunted to get the Forest job, and they are an absolute basket-case of a club that will be battling relegation next year.
 Their options were within the Scottish pyramid, 'Ranjurs men' or an outside gamble on a manger willing to take a gamble himself. Of those in the SPFL only Wright and McInnes were serious contenders, a step backwards for McInnes and I am convinced that Wright wants the Norn Iron job, a spell at a disaster club would do more harm than good.
It was, as RB said, a Deila style gamble that could have gone either way.

I understand why Caixinha was choice, the reasoning behind an outsider. I just don't understand why it was Caixinha who had 0 success in Europe. Ronny remember done a miracle in Norway, he would of earned a move to larger club. 

I had a look, in the mexican league at current there is only one manager to have managed in Europe, Paco Jemez who managed in La Liga for four seasons. The appointment just made and still makes 0 sense.

He looks like a cat drowning every post match press conference.

Edited by WillieMaley - 18 May 2017 at 3:37pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:41pm
Caixinha's C.V was more impressive than Ronnie'sand had done ok in Portugal, from that angle I can understand it. He just seems far too nice to manage Rangers, Jock Wallace he ain't. He just doesn't seem to understand it at all.
WillieMaley View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WillieMaley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:44pm

Caixinha's C.V was more impressive than Ronnie'sand had done ok in Portugal, from that angle I can understand it. He just seems far too nice to manage Rangers, Jock Wallace he ain't. He just doesn't seem to understand it at all.

Really? 

Winning the mexican league with Santos Laguna and two middle table clubs in Portugal...

He does seem a nice bloke in his defence, clueless, but a nice bloke.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:48pm
He will be judged next season though. This isn't his team and he can't be fully blamed for their league position this year.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 May 2017 at 3:49pm
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 3:50pm

Really? 

Winning the mexican league with Santos Laguna and two middle table clubs in Portugal...

He does seem a nice bloke in his defence, clueless, but a nice bloke.
Deila won a league in Norway, a league inferior to both Portugal and Mexico. It was comparatively weaker, albeit still impressive given who he done it with.
I think Caixinha is similar to Ronnie in a lot of ways though, a likeable fella and most likely an excellent coach but never a manager.
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2017 at 6:36pm
ah lads leave brother pedro alone he is comedy gold

the trial is more fun than this

craigy is gonne be set free
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2017 at 12:02pm
This is some unreal sh*t, fcukin hilarious.

Deal for Rangers sealed with a tossed coin, court hearsacross a table, his trial hears

Craig Whyte's takeover of Rangers was sealed with a pound coin being tossed across a table in Sir David Murray's office, a court has heard.

Mr Whyte, 46, is on trial at the High Court in Glasgow for acquiring the club by fraud, which he denies.

The trial has heard Mr Whyte paid previous owner Sir David one pound for his majority shareholding.

Phil Betts, who worked with Mr Whyte, said the coin was flipped in a "light-hearted" way at Sir David's lawyers.

Mr Betts, a finance broker and a key associate in the buyout, told the court that someone then said: "Congratulations, you are now the owner of Glasgow Rangers football club".

'Light-hearted'

The witness recalled being at the May 2011 meeting as the businessman acquired Sir David's majority stake in the club.

Mr Betts told how he took photos at the gathering which he described as being "light hearted".

Mr Whyte denies a charge of fraud and a second allegation under the Companies Act in connection with the takeover.

Image copyrightPAImage captionSir David Murray sold Rangers to Craig Whyte for £1

Mr Betts told how he got involved in Mr Whyte's bid for Rangers after first meeting him in 2009.

The 54 year-old recalled Mr Whyte had wanted his interest to be "low profile".

He told the trial Mr Whyte had wanted to raise £10m.

But Mr Betts said Whyte later claimed he was "struggling" to do so and "could not understand why".

Starbucks meeting

Mr Betts then got in touch with a contact in the financial sector. This individual said he had someone who could help with funding.

Mr Betts and Mr Whyte went on to meet this person at a Starbucks coffee shop near St Paul's in London, he said.

It eventually resulted in a meeting with Ticketus, which "expressed an interest" in Mr Whyte's proposal.

Prosecutors have said Mr Whyte took out a loan from the firm against three years season tickets to help fund the takeover.

Image captionProsecutor Alex Prentice QC was questioning finance broker Phil Betts

Mr Betts said Mr Whyte had been "pleased" at the Ticketus interest.

But the witness added: "He then asked me to ask them would they consider £20m.

"I think I laughed. I said I would ask as long as he was happy to receive a no."

However, Mr Betts recalled "after some deliberation" Ticketus came back and said they would be "interested".

Mr Whyte eventually struck a £1 deal with Sir David to take over at Rangers.

Mr Betts told how he travelled to Edinburgh in May 2011 for the buyout to be completed.

He said initially the trip to Scotland involved sitting in a lawyer's office "twiddling our thumbs".

But the Whyte and Murray groups later went to Sir David's office in the capital.

Prosecutor Alex Prentice QC asked Mr Betts if he photos at the meeting.

Mr Betts: "Two or three - at the signing of the paperwork at the offices of the Murray group."

Congratulations

Mr Prentice: "Once the signing occurred was a £1 coin provided?"

Mr Betts replied: "There was, but I do not know from who. It was flicked across the table to the lawyers of the Murray Group.

"It was all light-hearted."

The advocate depute went on: "Was anything said?"

Mr Betts: "Congratulations, you are now owner of Glasgow Rangers Football Club, I think."

The trial before Judge Lady Stacey continues.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
manchesterbhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manchesterbhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2017 at 10:29am
watp gilligan has now walked away

invoices piling up and unpaid

jelly and ice cream time again
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 7:06am
Officially no one now sponsors the shirt of Sevco   

Edited by tonyjaa - 30 May 2017 at 7:06am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2017 at 11:16am
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

The odds on that.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
kingofkings View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
Going to a 'Bigger Club' next season

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingofkings Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:26pm
Seem to be liked with a few decent to good players. Likelihood of signing any of them?
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2017 at 1:42pm
Apparently Calgiari have freed Bruno alves - hes 36 in the summer but theyll get a good 3+ years outta him

He will be immense for sevco unfortunately as he will be allowed to foul/injure/maim with complete impunity

Hurry up and die sevco

Edited by tonyjaa - 31 May 2017 at 1:43pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:04am
Ryan Jack is todays free transfer signing - 3 year deal
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 10:11am
Good signing for them
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:01am
Getting in a player who is not even Aberdeens best centre midfielder is classed as a 'good signing'
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2017 at 11:12am
He is better than what they have there at the minute, is he not? Hence should improve them.
I get the feeling though that if Rangers signed Lionel Messi you would mock it with a laughing emoticon LOL 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 01 Jun 2017 at 11:15am
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Sports Direct on sevcos shirts next season?
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 348349350351352 667>
  Share Topic