Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rangers Football Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 570571572573574 665>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by tonyjaa tonyjaa wrote:

Smsm finally reporting
Great to see them finally do their job
Waiting for the reports on anti-Irish bigotry
Not holding my breath though

Their chants would be more anti catholic would they not?
They do have a few anti Irish but almost everything is anti catholic
Even their few songs about football they add  f**k the pope in 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 16 May 2021 at 1:21pm
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Smsm finally reporting
Great to see them finally do their job
Waiting for the reports on anti-Irish bigotry
Not holding my breath though

Their chants would be more anti catholic would they not?
They do have a few anti Irish but almost everything is anti catholic
Even their few songs about football they add  f**k the pope in 

A lot of their Irish fans travelled over from the North to celebrate yesterday too.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 1:56pm
In fact I'm not sure how anybody could find fault with Sturgeon's response to this. "Selfish, Thuggish, Sectarian". "vile Anti-Catholic prejudice". Drew a parallel with their behaviour and "law abiding citizens". She even pointed fingers at the club and how they need to manage and control supporters behaviour in the future.

There was no reference to other clubs, not parallels drawn with anything else. It was a significantly condemnatory statement which references the prejudice inherent, and the dereliction in public duty that citizens have in this time.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 2:04pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:02pm
Spence
@JimSpenceDundee
At long last the truth speaks its name. Anti Catholic bigotry....allowed to fester even in polite homes for a century and never tackled. What school did you go to at job interviews ? Blame the schools they said! ‘Civic Scotland’ has ignored this, and thus acquiesced for too long.

Oh and by the way if you upset them they still have ways of making sure you don’t pick up a microphone again with their connections. Their reach is long as is their memory and patience. If you think the morons on the ground are the only ones responsible think again.

The catholic community should tell its story.....decent folk who aren’t catholic wouldn’t believe some of them. We historically kept the head down and just got on with it...thus many including new immigrants and arrivals to Scotland know little of its biggest minority’s history

When I was nominated as uni Rector a couple of years back I asked someone what the early reaction was......I was told it was positive, apart from a couple of.......’Isn’t he a catholic’......for some it’s still a perfectly acceptable covert and overt form of discrimination.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:19pm
Disappointed, was expecting more of the usual west brits on to defend Sevcos anti-Irish "songs"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:37pm
 Not one thin word was read

Bliss
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:39pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:32pm

Disappointed, was expecting more of the usual west brits on to defend Sevcos anti-Irish "songs"
Too busy celebrating in the Conservative Club.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 5:36pm

Why, is there a history of that here? Perhaps you might find some posts defending that sort of behaviour and quote them before throwing the "West-Brit" insult around.

I won't hold my breath though. Not least because you had no reason to expect it because it has never happened before here.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:32pm
Beavis View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beavis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:26pm
Pure carnage in Glasgow yesterday. 

In fairness, the Friday night pyro on the Clyde was impressive enough, nice view just outside the window...but Saturday was horrible.

Got stuck trying to get out of town, in the crowd, sh*tting the Irish reg would be clocked. Later some Rangers lads in one of our (usually niceish) apartment block were staring us down getting into the car and then followed us out. Had to do 2 U-eys before they fooked off. Not sure what the idea was but was very intimidating esp with the kids in the back.

The amount of absolutely ossified lads falling in front of traffic etc on the way back in at 6pm was unreal. 

I've been to loads of Ireland matches and would be hypocritical to criticise the public drinking, urinating, littering etc. but there's a triumphalist, rowdy menace that defo isn't there with Ireland games. 

Anything like this when Celtic have had a big win? My love for Celtic has grown immeasurably this year, and I haven't even seen a single game.
<insert witty comment>
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:33pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Originally posted by Artie Ziff Artie Ziff wrote:

Tonyjaa would you describe yourself as a bigot?
LOL

LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 10:12pm
tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:14pm
https://mobile.twitter.com/RadioClydeNews/status/1393899067655311362?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1394043076516229126%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=
"F*CK the pope" loud and clear
Looking forward to the usual suspects bending themselves backwards trying to defend them on here

Edited by tonyjaa - 16 May 2021 at 11:14pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:32pm
Who defends Rangers fans on here?
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:41pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/RadioClydeNews/status/1393899067655311362?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1394043076516229126%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es2_&ref_url=
"F*CK the pope" loud and clear
Looking forward to the usual suspects bending themselves backwards trying to defend them on here
You must go to Mass three times a week if you’re that sensitive about the Pope.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Who defends Rangers fans on here?

No one. Tones lying out of his arse again as usual. Just like when it was the SMSM weren't reporting it when they actually were. 

Edited by Denis Irwin - 16 May 2021 at 11:52pm
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 570571572573574 665>
  Share Topic