You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How many goals will we beat Spain by?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Poll Question: By how many goals will we beat Spain?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
1 [1.96%]
6 [11.76%]
2 [3.92%]
2 [3.92%]
3 [5.88%]
37 [72.55%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How many goals will we beat Spain by?
    Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:01pm
Well we know what's going to happen, Spain are going to park the bus and hope to get something from the game. But it's up to break them down. They'll look to frustrate us so we'll need to be patient and keep the ball on the deck. The Spanish are there on merit so they deserve to be respected - their main threat will be from set pieces. If we get an early goal the floodgates could open but hopefully we don't embarrass them too much. I'll go for 4 myself.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sponsored Links

soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:03pm
LOL

What % ABV have you been drinking today?
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:04pm
Trapped hasn't slept since SSaturday me thinks
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
sausy View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
MAYO FOR SAM

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sausy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:06pm
The backlash will be unfair on Spain. But you can only beat what's in front of you. Ireland to win 5-1.
Bimbos Burgers - "Official Sponsor of the Irish Squad"
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:08pm
Reckon 3 myself. I dont want to see a mauling of the spanish. Theyre a grand bunch and their fans will party on regardless. I think they'll be hard enough to break down initially, their players will have a never say die attitude and battle hard. That can count greatly if were not on the top of our game. Its crucial that we dont drop to their level as can happen when great teams like us play minnows of the game.
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:17pm
Great thread. Was just talking to a Spanish lad in the square there and he was actually shaking with the nerves. Went for 8+ myself
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:18pm
As has been said they are there on merit. If we have any intentions of winning this tournament we have to be prepared to break down teams like this. 5-1 Ireland

thenewguyis back View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thenewguyis back Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:19pm
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:27pm
The big expectations are on us but I reckon we need to be respectful of Spain - on their day they could hurt us. However we must not forget our techical and tactical superiority - to borrow from a certain Croat: 'It will be difficult for us to lose this game'. Approve
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
petej1963 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petej1963 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:29pm
Lads I would be happy to win by one........ Believe Thumbs Up

Sleep gentle our Rose of Mooncoin.......
Rostrevor Fan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rostrevor Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 7:54pm
Hope my flights not delayed would hate to miss mccleans first half hat-trick like sgb 8+
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 8:05pm
I admire the mentality and the spirit in the Spain camp. anything other than an Ireland would be a shock. We are far better technically these players too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
wrestler313 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wrestler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:05pm
Definitely a good workout for some of our squad players. Lets just hope they actually try and play some football and that the pitch is perfect because I'm sure they will be fouling, time-wasting,etc.... their keeper is supposed to be decent haven't really seen too much of him, shouldnt matter. 5-0 
UCDFAN View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UCDFAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2012 at 9:05pm
There is nothing in the build up to the tournament that shows Spain should get near the Irish goal but the attacking threat of Piqué and the defensive qualities Iniesta  shouldn't be underestimated.

Percentage of possesion is a better indicator than goals scored.
long cox and keane View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote long cox and keane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 3:05pm
Double figures is achievable...a lot depends on whether McShane gets the nod to partner Robbie up front!
Weser777 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Weser777 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 5:04pm
I know how we can beat them............
"I'm not the best manager in the world, but I'm definitely in the top one!" - Brian Clough
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 5:12pm
they have a top class manager but he was found out in their last game. While it was a great achievement  for them to qualify for the euros for the first time in 4 years i think we need to be careful of the backlash from their last disappointing result. lets keep it tight first half , play our natural game and pile on the goals later on when they tire.
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Humpy Gussy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Humpy Gussy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2012 at 5:54pm
We also need to remember that if we are not careful that they can be quite dangerous from set pieces.
'Joxer Goes to Poznan' - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEjtiJ9udkM
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic