Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Has Trap shown himself up.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 11:47am
Originally posted by trapnoclue trapnoclue wrote:

i have horsebox, trap out is one of them, ward out,whelan out, green out, hunt out, o shea either out or to centre back, keane out, cox out, all these into team/squad coleman,wilson,duffy,cunningham,mcclean,mccarthy,gibson,long,brady,holohan,ireland.

Throw out all your players and manager and come onto an internet forum and sulk.

Cunningham has done nothing of late and I very much doubt you have even seen him play.
Brady whilst talented is still very raw and a long way to go.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 11:49am
For the Kazak game i'd like to see a 4-4-1-1

Coleman - Dunne/O'Shea - Wilson

McGeady - Gibson/Andrews - Ward

McCarthy

Walters

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
trapnoclue View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Eh, make that suspended 11 times now

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 11:56am
cunningham and brady are better than ward and hunt, ward is not up to it and wont ever be, same as whelan,green mcshane etc, there is no point persisting with these players if your not good enough your not good enough end of story!i dont care how commited they are!
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:01pm

cunningham and brady are better than ward and hunt

utter dung , hunt and brady are not even like for like
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:07pm
My preference would be for a slightly tweaked new formation along the lines of 4-2-3-1 (or 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 with the no 10 drawn deeper and the central three shuffling across to cover the width of the pitch when necessary, leaving the wingers with limited defensive duties, rather than heaping the majority of those duties on an overworked central two, which has not worked well lately)

Given / Westwood

Kelly - St Ledger - Dunne - O'Shea

Gibson - Andrews (Whelan for K-Stan and possibly Germany, given the suspension)

McGeady - McCarthy - McClean

Long

Never going to happen of course, and it is presupposing Duff and Keane decide to retire, as there is no real place for Robbie in the system, as he tends to need a front line partner and lately hasn't shown himself able to operate as a lone striker or as a creative attacking midfielder. Also, this formation relies on the wingers providing a goal threat from both sides, which (sadly) appears to only be present from one side from McClean, although McGeady can and does cut inside. For the same reason, it only works if Duff isn't in the side (which is likely only if he retires) as his goal threat has diminished lately and relying on one striker is risky at the best of times. It does however provide a threat from deep, with Andrews' runs into the box and Gibson's shooting from distance, although of course that is presupposed on McCarthy or whoever the number ten is assuming the midfielders' positions and covering when they advance, which is why McCarthy seems to me to be the best fit for that position. Also, the big if is McCarthy's future and whether he decides to place his international career on hold for the time being. I'm also unsure as to who I would like up front, as there are obviously a number of options, although we should really try to counter-attack a bit more (much and all as that was never an option against in the Euros what with the early goals and all), especially against the likely high German line and I think Long is better suited to that class of game than Walters or the alternatives.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 26 Jun 2012 at 12:07pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:17pm

I think we can use the Serbia and Boratland game to try something new before the big Germany game, where if we play the system we have employed the last 4 years we will be beaten comfortably. We should definetly be playing with only 1 striker up front against Germany so we can flood the midfield so I think we should use the 2 previous games to play with this system to prepare us for the big one. Serbia is only a friendly and we should be beating kazakhstan handy enough

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

My preference would be for a slightly tweaked new formation along the lines of 4-2-3-1 (or 4-3-3 / 4-5-1 with the no 10 drawn deeper and the central three shuffling across to cover the width of the pitch when necessary, leaving the wingers with limited defensive duties, rather than heaping the majority of those duties on an overworked central two, which has not worked well lately)

Given / Westwood

Long

Never going to happen of course, and it is presupposing Duff and Keane decide to retire, as there is no real place for Robbie in the system, as he tends to need a front line partner and lately hasn't shown himself able to operate as a lone striker or as a creative attacking midfielder. Also, this formation relies on the wingers providing a goal threat from both sides, which (sadly) appears to only be present from one side from McClean, although McGeady can and does cut inside. For the same reason, it only works if Duff isn't in the side (which is likely only if he retires) as his goal threat has diminished lately and relying on one striker is risky at the best of times. It does however provide a threat from deep, with Andrews' runs into the box and Gibson's shooting from distance, although of course that is presupposed on McCarthy or whoever the number ten is assuming the midfielders' positions and covering when they advance, which is why McCarthy seems to me to be the best fit for that position. Also, the big if is McCarthy's future and whether he decides to place his international career on hold for the time being. I'm also unsure as to who I would like up front, as there are obviously a number of options, although we should really try to counter-attack a bit more (much and all as that was never an option against in the Euros what with the early goals and all), especially against the likely high German line and I think Long is better suited to that class of game than Walters or the alternatives.

If McCarthy suspected he was going to start/get game time in Poland I suspect he might have made a different decision about making himself available. Just an opinion
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Given / Westwood

Long

If McCarthy suspected he was going to start/get game time in Poland I suspect he might have made a different decision about making himself available. Just an opinion

+1

I agree with that - if he was a certain starter he would have went to the Euro's.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 2:18pm
i know they are not like for like roger, thats the problem with trap he wont try anything different, my point is cunningham and brady are better i dont give a sh*t how differant they are!
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 2:37pm

We wont try anything new against the Kazaks as trap would not risk it.
We won't try anything new against serbia either as trap will use that to prepare for the kazak game.

My hope is
1). Delaney has a sit down with tap and demands he starts to attend games week in, week out in the PL, and that he initiates contact with stephen Ireland to come back. 

As trap is such an egotist the hope is he will walk away after this meeting, or he is approached to manage an african of other 3rd world nation for big bucks. The sad thing is i doubt even the africans would want him now.

My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 2:43pm
god i hope your right citizen i dont care how he goes as long as he goes, why doesnt o brien just pull the plug on the money? trap wont hang around if the money is cut!
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 3:23pm

god i hope your right citizen i dont care how he goes as long as he goes, why doesnt o brien just pull the plug on the money? trap wont hang around if the money is cut!
i would suspect that Traps contract is with the FAI and not O'Brien. If Denis were to pull the plug, then that leaves the FAI footing the whole lot.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2012 at 3:24pm

O'Brien has confirmed it was one of his better investments.
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 11:03am
He did yeah I heard him talking on bloomberg a few days back.
"Fantastic Investment" he said.
 Anyway..as the tournament comes to an end, two of our group
teams are in the Final is there anything in that?Are we all really getting ahead of ourselves?
Time will tell,Ive a funny feeling now we will go through the WCQ with Trap at the helm like it or not.

Was strange to look back at old posts Page 231 before trap took over FC Salzburg got Thumped 7-0 
by Rapid Vienna people were calling for his head then aswell. 

Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 11:19am
Trap would have no problem getting a job if he left us. 
The view from the continent is that Trap took over a bunch of journey men that were going nowhere and has managed to get them to overachieve by qualifying for a tournament. Just shows the lack of regard people have for our players. Its not exactly how i see it but that's the perception.
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trapnoclue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2012 at 11:26am
no chance anyone would hire trap, zero chance at 73 years of age would you leave it so.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 242526
  Share Topic