You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Has Trap shown himself up.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has Trap shown himself up.....
    Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 3:01pm
not to try and kick him after the footballing lesson last night but Bilic out-tought Trap on every level .Trap just seemed a bit lost and had no answers.Is he now just out of touch with the way the modern game is played?
Also the loyality he shows to players is really working against us now...regardless of the outcome last-night surely no one can agree that Trap picking the same 11 all of the time and letting the squad and public know that regardless of form or fitness thay will always play is pathetic.
Given and O'Shea shouldnt have played last night are they 100 % fit?? I really doubt they are....Players shouldnt be in just because of who they are.
On to Spain now and Trap has alot to prove to the fans and his squad.....I really do hope he has the right answers.
Sponsored Links

grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 3:10pm
Even if we get out of the group and win the tournament I will still not be a fan of his.
Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 3:19pm
now is probably not the rite time to be talking about this. I think we shud have the inquisitions after the tournament.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 3:45pm
Trap should have used our ftiendly games for the last few years to try different formations. 4-4-2 is totally ineffective against decent opposition. Changing to 4-5-1 or some other formation at this stage is very risky and we could get tanked. We should have been ready to change to plan b but there is no plan b
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Kingkeano16 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Real Irlanda Real Irlanda wrote:

now is probably not the rite time to be talking about this. I think we shud have the inquisitions after the tournament.

Agree, mistakes were made and i'm sure he will have seen what needs to be done and what needs to be changed. He's got us this far so let's keep up the support and we'll examine the decisions post euro 2012.

In Trap we Trust..
Mr Burns: Tonight Homer I want you to show Marge the time of her life.
Homer: Marge! We're getting a drive thru and doin' it twice!
farfar View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farfar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by Kingkeano16 Kingkeano16 wrote:

Agree, mistakes were made and i'm sure he will have seen what needs to be done and what needs to be changed. He's got us this far so let's keep up the support and we'll examine the decisions post euro 2012.

In Trap we Trust..

Doubt that we dont know any other way to play under him. We were played off the park against them in Lansdowne last year and luckily kept a clean. Surely something had to be learned from that game and implimented during the match last night instead of just having one game plan for the whole match even if it is ineffective. Not saying we would have won or drawn last night with Hoolahan in the team but would have allowed for something different going through the middle and allowing us to out number them in the middle. We had no options like him on the bench. Fahey would have been the closest thing to him but called up Green instead who does the same thing as Whelan/Andrews.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:01pm
This sh!te of naming the team in Janury for a game in June has to stop. We need to surprise Spain on Thursday.

He said today that he doesnt want to throw McClean into a pressure situation, FFS why have him in the squad at all
Kingkeano16 View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kingkeano16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:31pm
Originally posted by farfar farfar wrote:

Originally posted by Kingkeano16 Kingkeano16 wrote:

In Trap we Trust..

Doubt that we dont know any other way to play under him. We were played off the park against them in Lansdowne last year and luckily kept a clean. Surely something had to be learned from that game and implimented during the match last night instead of just having one game plan for the whole match even if it is ineffective. Not saying we would have won or drawn last night with Hoolahan in the team but would have allowed for something different going through the middle and allowing us to out number them in the middle. We had no options like him on the bench. Fahey would have been the closest thing to him but called up Green instead who does the same thing as Whelan/Andrews.

Yeah I know, tbh I was gutted when I heard McCarthy wasn't going. I think Hoolahan's chances of an international call up is fairly limited under Trap. What I'm saying is that the squad is there and we have to stick behind them now and hope that we can get something in the next two games.
Mr Burns: Tonight Homer I want you to show Marge the time of her life.
Homer: Marge! We're getting a drive thru and doin' it twice!
Tiocfaidh ar la View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiocfaidh ar la Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:51pm

Look lads,as long as Trap is at the helm...we'll play with 2 defensive midfielders..soak up pressure and try and hit the opposition on the break..or try and nik one from a set piece!There's no other way...and it works..against the macedonia's and wales sides out there..but when we're up against real quality??...we're not at the races.Only for shay given and Richard Dunne and a LOT of luck..we would'nt be there..our luck has run out..and thats it!!There's no creativity in the squad..those players were left at home..So instead of playing a young future star in McClean..or regular premier league strikers like Long or Walters...he'll probably go with duff..an absolute legend...but a 33 year old winger!!!And Doyle up front...who has had a nightmare season..and is very low in confidence..and then god knows what!!! 

TheNationHoldsItsBreath
benchwarmer View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benchwarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 5:51pm
Don't think we should ghange too much now at this stage. The writing was on the wall though after the hungary game when Trap doubted himself and his system. Even at that stage it would have been too late. Even if other systems don't take his fancy its no harm having them there just in case we are being pummeled by a technically better team.

We need the likes of James Mccarthy, Connor Clifford, Sean Murray, Samir Curruthers, Robbie Brady etc to come good in the next few years. We are well overdue a decent mid fielder at this stage.
''I'm a utd fan cause me da was a utd fan''- Irish utd fan
reabhloid View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reabhloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 6:19pm
ah the blame game.... Zzzzz
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 6:32pm
My annoyance is that Trapp is never prepared to take a chance.

Truth be told we were poxed to qualify in the first place. Russia should have hammered us in Moscow (albeit what looks like a decent Russian side at these championships) and other results went in our favour enabling us to get a play off. We were then handed an absolute nap draw in Estonia in the play offs.

To put Cox on in a wide position when you have 2 wingers on the bench is absolutely mystifying. But some people have blind faith and feel the manager is beyond reproach.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 6:33pm
It would a miracle working football genius to take this team further than Giovanni Trapattoni.

He has taken a relatively limited group of players as far as it is possible to take them. I dont know how it is really possible to criicize him on this basis.
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

My annoyance is that Trapp is never prepared to take a chance.

Truth be told we were poxed to qualify in the first place. Russia should have hammered us in Moscow (albeit what looks like a decent Russian side at these championships) and other results went in our favour enabling us to get a play off. We were then handed an absolute nap draw in Estonia in the play offs.

To put Cox on in a wide position when you have 2 wingers on the bench is absolutely mystifying. But some people have blind faith and feel the manager is beyond reproach.

As we saw during the 2010 world cup qualifying campaign, unlucky teams dont qualify for major tournaments.

He is beyond reproach as far as I can see. He's done very little wrong during his tenure. There are very few realistic managerial appointments that the FAI could make that could improve this squad. Whether one likes his style of play or not is a moot point.

Another thing. International football shouldnt be about taking chances. Certainly not at european championship level. Doing it during friendly games is one thing but not at this level.

Edited by orourkeda - 11 Jun 2012 at 6:42pm
orourkeda View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orourkeda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by benchwarmer benchwarmer wrote:

Don't think we should ghange too much now at this stage. The writing was on the wall though after the hungary game when Trap doubted himself and his system. Even at that stage it would have been too late. Even if other systems don't take his fancy its no harm having them there just in case we are being pummeled by a technically better team.

We need the likes of James Mccarthy, Connor Clifford, Sean Murray, Samir Curruthers, Robbie Brady etc to come good in the next few years. We are well overdue a decent mid fielder at this stage.

We have no guarantees that these players will fulfil their potential.

Conor Clifford hasnt started for Celsea.

Samir Carruthers has little or no first team experience at Aston Villa

Sean Murray needs a longer run out at watford and James McCarthy needs an extended run ot at International Level. The next WC campaign would be an ideal opportunity to do this
aviva8 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aviva8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 7:09pm
I not happy and havent being for a long time with certain things.But i agree now is not the time for it.For f**k sake wait till after the tournment lads.
Peter View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la
Iced Gem

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 7:19pm
Its the mans 8th loss out of 44, and the first manager to get us to a major tournament in a decade. Dont care what way we play, if i have the choice of either appearing in the 2014 World Cup, or not being there because "some fans dont like how Trapattoni manages us", i think i will take the World Cup.
Tea???? FECK!!!!!
TheElectricMouse View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheElectricMouse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2012 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by aviva8 aviva8 wrote:

I not happy and havent being for a long time with certain things.But i agree now is not the time for it.For f**k sake wait till after the tournment lads.

It's a discussion forum for god s sake, its what happens here.  What difference dos it make anyway
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 26>
  Share Topic