You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Your first impression from Poznan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Karina Pjanka View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karina Pjanka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Your first impression from Poznan
    Posted: 24 Jun 2012 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by Vojt Vojt wrote:

this is how Poznan looks all over!

The lads paraphrased an old Polish proverb: Poles and Hungarians are like brothers for drinking and fighting battles!

In this version it means: Irish and Poles are like brothers for football and pin!!!!

No one in Poland even remember about the Hungarians since you guys came Big smile
Sponsored Links

Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:48am
this is how Poznan looks all over!

The lads paraphrased an old Polish proverb: Poles and Hungarians are like brothers for drinking and fighting battles!

In this version it means: Irish and Poles are like brothers for football and pin!!!!
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:45am
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2012 at 11:25am
Last night Old Square Poznan was packed with fans so you could not move!!!!! from early hours of the day till 2 am ... :-)
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 6:40pm

The city center seems green only!!!! POles and Irish to be seen ... no other nations or very fev of Croats, or Italians, have not seen Spanish at all!

May have something to do with the fact Spain are based in Gdansk, Italy are playing them there, and neither of them has a big travelling support, as neither set of fans has a pot to piss in.
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 11:21am
Originally posted by mactifosi mactifosi wrote:

Originally posted by Gavintheslob Gavintheslob wrote:

is there many irish there now, there is probably only 20% of them there by now

The city center seems green only!!!! POles and Irish to be seen ... no other nations or very fev of Croats, or Italians, have not seen Spanish at all!

Difficult to talk about the numbers, by so many planes from Dublin!

Old Square virtually filled with Irish fans all day and night long!!!!

Hear last night that for the sunday game Irish hold 23 K of 45 k tickets!

See you later mate, got to help some of my mates arriving today.

Some of them arrived in a campervan last night and drove past Poznan hahahaha - their satnav packed in :(

me myslef fully recovered but Monika was total wasted till this morning, and on mineral water last night and me too! ;-( first time a big match and sober!!!! I do not know how will survive euro with the Green lands around!   got a suspecion that whatever happen they will stay here till the final!!!

see you ther tonight. Did you know John that there is a fanz zone next to Fort Colomb? Strefa Bawarks ... looks impressiy although small!
mactifosi View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mactifosi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 11:06am

See you later mate, got to help some of my mates arriving today.

Some of them arrived in a campervan last night and drove past Poznan hahahaha - their satnav packed in :(

http://pinterest.com/mactifosi/lech-poznan/
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 10:59am

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 10:53am
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 10:31am
and definitely again.... Crime Story is the Irish center of nightlife in Poznan!!!!!

as the floor seems not engough a lot of table dancing occured there the night before!
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 10:23am
Drove my partner to the station early this morning ... you RTE radio was broadcasting at 5.45 from the city center next to Poznan Castle!!!! Interviewing some lads ... gods to know wether where just leaving the craic spots or moving to another!    
Vojt View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vojt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2012 at 10:21am
Survived bare the end of the POlish match!!!!!

A lot of the fans I talked to, very impressed with Poznan! and the atmosphere.

Looks like the real life now is too short to be here ... so I am on and off!!!

Irish flag flying all over the town.

ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 6:49pm

Originally posted by ShannonHibs10 ShannonHibs10 wrote:

Originally posted by Boston Hoop Boston Hoop wrote:

Good God I am so jealous... Roll on Saturday morning!

You would not if you were me today ....

Hope the pictures taken will not see the day-light!!!

Exepcting you here!!!! All of you!!!

About 3000 of us will be comming from Torun early on Saturday. Hope your hangover will be gone by then.

have you heard about the Sat's craic described in the topic: when are you arriving in Poznan?

Will you join in? Most welcome!!!

ps

will 40 seats reserved still be enough?!

Might be enough for me..not sure about everyone else..
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 6:37pm
bit of a setback ourselves, one of the lads won't get his passport till friday morning but byjesus we're going flat-out on the campervan to make it for saturday night LOL

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

so f**king jealous now.sitting at work tring to get a pile of crap sorted before I leave.Flying in the morning.

I hear ya man, I have to work tomorrow and then fly Sat morning.
Have a heap of work to be doing but sure cant concentrate for more than 5 secs without thinking of Poland LOL

Edited by ZinedineKibane - 07 Jun 2012 at 6:33pm

walsheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walsheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 6:22pm
everyone just waiting for me saturday to declare the fun on....jesus i cant wait
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

David McWilliams View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David McWilliams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 6:01pm
Originally posted by southdownbhoy southdownbhoy wrote:

Originally posted by David McWilliams David McWilliams wrote:

Originally posted by southdownbhoy southdownbhoy wrote:

on last flight 2nite dublin-liverpool then 1st flight in mornin to krakow cant wait then up to Poznan sunday mornin on train im a mixture of cartman waitin for the nintendo wii to come out standin outside the shop 3 weeks be4 release screamin come on come on! Pinch and stewie bouncin all over the car when peter tells him they are goin to disneyworld Big smile

Likewise. Dublin to Liverpool tonight. Liverpool to Krakow at 6:30 am and then train to Poznan.

see you there for the overnight party in liverpool airport mate Thumbs Up

There better be something on!
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 5:51pm
so f**king jealous now.sitting at work tring to get a pile of crap sorted before I leave.Flying in the morning.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic