You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Flying after Appendectomy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Originally posted by sheasy sheasy wrote:

Nightmare Situation. Had keyhole surgery to remove my appendix on sunday morning, I'm due to fly to the Euros tomorrow evening.  MY GP rang me last night to say I should leave it 7 days before flying due to gases etc., however online British Airways site amongst others states that they allow passengers to fly 4 days after an appendectomy. Also other sites say that an appendectomy is a minor abdominal surgery and would need less time to go and fly than the 10 days they recommend for other abdominal surgeries. 

Anyone have any experience or advice for this situation?? I'm trying to decide whether to take my flight tomorrow or book a flight for the weekend/start of next week instead.

Sheasy go across to The Grange consume at least eight vodkas, head to the airport and get Zeno to hold your hand until the plane lands in Vilnius LOL.
LOLLOLLOL

don't you worry, think it'll be me looking after him
ShayGivensBum View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

The lighter coloured grass is painted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShayGivensBum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 1:09pm
Whats the craic are you going today ?
sheasy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by ShayGivensBum ShayGivensBum wrote:

Unfortunately not. Made the decision last night to fly over on Monday morning instead.  Obviously missing the Croatia game but I think it's for the best, i'd only be stuck in bed for the next few days over there anyway as i'm having a bit of trouble with one of the wounds i've been left with and have a lot of discomfort.  I'd rather get over there healthy and have a great 10 days than have to be visiting a Polish hospital over the next few days. 

Cheers for all the advice. Hope to see yas all over there.

Edited by sheasy - 07 Jun 2012 at 1:14pm
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 1:32pm

Unfortunately not. Made the decision last night to fly over on Monday morning instead.  Obviously missing the Croatia game but I think it's for the best, i'd only be stuck in bed for the next few days over there anyway as i'm having a bit of trouble with one of the wounds i've been left with and have a lot of discomfort.  I'd rather get over there healthy and have a great 10 days than have to be visiting a Polish hospital over the next few days. 

Sheasy your being a complete f**king drama queen LOL,see you out there - myself and seanie will have the double vodkas ordered Hug
sheasy View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sheasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

Sheasy your being a complete f**king drama queen LOL,see you out there - myself and seanie will have the double vodkas ordered Hug

LOL cheeky b*astard. If you two are still standing by the time I get there i'll be impressed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic