You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

the darndale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2014 at 8:49am
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Then there wa the meeting about the stables. Shut the fcuk up you scummer and let the wagon advising you say what she needs to say so you know what you have to do. What do you honestly hope to achieve by interrupting her and coming across as you know everything already.

ClapClapClap

Crossover with the things that annoy you thread.

Put a sock in it ye tramp! Head melt.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:53pm
Seen this advertised for an airing on Channel 5 across the water. Well done all involved Clap
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 1:57pm
Clinchy will be on Celebrity Big Brother next. Jesus wept.

Drug Addict
Burglar
Alcoholic
International TV Star

Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2015 at 2:37pm
We'll end up with mass imigration if the British find out that welfare families can afford trips to Eurodisney and a horse for a childs birthday.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

"The respect has gone out of crime"

Putting the respect back into criminality Clap

http://www.herald.ie/news/lovehate-star-arrested-after-attempted-armed-robbery-31214047.html

Love/Hate star arrested after attempted armed robbery

A LOVE/HATE actor has been arrested by gardai investigating an attempted armed robbery at a Dublin pub.

Darndale man Stephen Clinch (49) was still being questioned at Store Street Garda Station last night after a dramatic incident in which staff chased and overpowered two raiders on the premises.

The real-life crime drama took place at The Living Room sports pub in Findlater Street in Dublin's north inner city at around 9.30am yesterday.

The actor, who previously claimed that he was a reformed criminal, was arrested with another man by gardai at the pub after they were pinned down by the staff.

Clinch starred as Noely in Love/Hate. His character was infamously involved in a savage jail assault in which a pool cue was used to attack Fran in the final episode.

Sources said that a sum close to €50,000 and a handgun were recovered from the scene.

A senior member of management of the business told the Herald: "I can't commend the staff highly enough. It was a very tense situation.

"I was in the middle of it all too and we had them restrained when the gardai arrived."

Staff said the two raiders entered the premises early on Monday morning.

The Living Room in Findlater Street, the Fibber McGee's pub in Parnell Street and Murray's pub on O'Connell Street are all run by The Murray Group company

Livingroom.jpg
The Living Room pub

The raiders threatened a member of staff with a gun in an attempt to steal a bag of cash containing some of the weekend takings. The two men then attempted to escape from the building but were pursued through the premises by up nine staff.

At one point the bungling raiders tried to flee via a door on to Parnell Street but they didn't have the security code. The duo then tried to escape through a firedoor but two individuals members of staff grabbed them and forced them to the ground.

The other staff members then joined in the scrum until two unarmed community gardai arrived to arrest them.

"It was a good outcome … I'm very happy," said the senior management member, who added there was a lot of "adrenalin" involved.

"This was a good lesson for the criminals. These were two idiots," said one delighted staff member.

A 43-year-old man who was arrested yesterday alongside Clinch is a career criminal who is currently facing serious charges before the courts.

Poolcue.jpg
The infamous scene in Love/Hate

Clinch also featured in TV3's series about his own locality 'Darndale: The Edge of Town'.

Last October Clinch, who has armed robbery convictions, was interviewed by Marian Finucane on RTE Radio One about being behind bars before rising to stardom.

He claimed that he is still haunted by his memories of the terrified people he targeted. "I do apologise but it wasn't me that was robbing them. It was my addiction, I had to feed it," he said at the time.

Colum View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Colum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:03pm
Fifty grand?! I'd be half tempted myself.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2015 at 10:13pm
What a fcking idiot he must be
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2015 at 11:07am
AS YOU WERE McGx

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2016 at 7:20pm

Love/Hate star Stephen Clinch jailed for four and a half years for €50,000 armed robbery

http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/lovehate-star-stephen-clinch-jailed-7518181

The actor, best known for playing Noely in the gritty RTE series, pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court

A film actor who starred in the Love/Hate TV series has been jailed for four and a half years after he admitted carrying out a €50,000 armed robbery.

Stephen Clinch, who played “Noely” in the hit RTÉ series, held a loaded semi-automatic pistol to the head of a security worker collecting overnight cash from a bar.

Clinch (49) of Millbrook Grove, Kilbarrack, Dublin pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to possession of a firearm with intention to commit robbery and to robbery of €50,730 at The Gate Hotel, Parnell Street, Dublin on May 11, 2015.

The court heard that Clinch had a history of an underlying heroin addiction. His previous convictions include 17 robbery and 13 burglary offences.

These offences date up to 2004 and he has had no serious convictions recorded until this robbery.

Clinch told gardaí after his arrest in 2014: “I thought I had my life back on track”.

Character referees, including singer Damien Dempsey, Love/Hate producer Stuart Carolan and film director Mark O'Connor, variously described Clinch as a friendly and reliable worker who had given back to his local community.

One victim of the holdup, Diraj Boodho, a cellar man responsible for lodging the takings of the hotel's associated bar, told the court the ordeal has left him afraid to leave the house.

“I could have been murdered,” he said.

At around eight that morning Mr Boodho was holding two bags of cash takings for lodgement.

He was in the hotel with security worker, Michel Cieslik, when two men came through a door and towards the staff and demanded the money.

The men were dressed like builders, wearing high-viz jackets and white dust masks.

Clinch put the gun to the cheek of Mr Cieslik.

Mr Boodho told gardai later: “When I saw the gun I thought it was going to finish”.

The raiders grabbed the money bags and ran downstairs.

As they ran away Clinch turned back and pointed the gun at Mr Boodho, who then ducked away.

A maintenance worker, Barry Smith, saw the raiders running and used a bike to try to block their escape.

Clinch punched him on the chin but Mr Smith held on to him and got him up against a wall.

After a struggle Clinch ended up on the ground with two staff members lying on his stomach.

Gardaí arrived to find him like this with the money and handgun on the ground beside him.

Clinch told gardaí he had been clean of heroin for nine years.

He claimed he didn't know the gun was loaded and didn't want to commit the robbery.

He said he did it because he owed €8,000 as a result of the discovery of a consignment of drugs he had being given to hide.

He said the debt “goes up each time”.

Judge Martin Nolan said it was a “incredibly frightening” incident and that the victim felt he could have died on the night.

McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 10:05am
Flyefit only open 2 months and somebody drives a car into it, laces it with petrol and sets it alight. 

Ffs Thumbs Down
AS YOU WERE McGx

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 10:08am
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Flyefit only open 2 months and somebody drives a car into it, laces it with petrol and sets it alight. 

Ffs Thumbs Down

Someone obviously took the "Feel the Burn" motto way too serious
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 10:21am
That has to be an insurance job.

On another note - they are doing a dig for local man Pat Lawlor who went missing 10 years ago.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
shoveonyournicks View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Ginger and proud

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shoveonyournicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 10:39am
I'd say it's more someone from the small local gyms getting rid of the competition than a Flyfit insurance job!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:06am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That has to be an insurance job.

On another note - they are doing a dig for local man Pat Lawlor who went missing 10 years ago.

That over in Belcamp House area? 

Love the avatar btw Clap
AS YOU WERE McGx

d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:26am
Clinchy is a blow in to Darndale to be fair. 

Milbrook scumbag. His lot always causing trouble in my lovely estate when i was growing up. Charming bunch. 

We used to wave our wallets at them and send them back over the wall to the grove

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 11:43am
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

Clinchy is a blow in to Darndale to be fair. 

Milbrook scumbag. His lot always causing trouble in my lovely estate when i was growing up. Charming bunch. 

We used to wave our wallets at them and send them back over the wall to the grove

LOL

I wonder who the Millbrook lads look down on? Who are they calling scumbags and waving their wallets at?
El Puto Amo
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2016 at 4:37pm
the homeless

Most of Milbrook is absolutely fine :) Edenmore is also ridiculously quiet these days too. I suppose areas to age and mature. Concorde used to be a proper rough spot back in the day 
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2016 at 6:57am

A man identified his mugger to gardaí because he had him seen him on a documentary about recovering drug addicts in Dublin.

Noel Darby (40) featured in “Darndale: The Edge of Town” during which he spoke of his hopes to be finally rid of his drug addiction.

He had not committed any serious criminal offence in 13 years before he robbed a mobile phone off a man who was waiting at a bus stop.

Darby of Belcamp Gardens, Priorswood, Dublin , pleaded guilty at Dublin Circuit Criminal Court to robbery of a mobile phone on the Malahide Road in Coolock on February 9, 2015.

His 16 previous convictions include offences for possession of a firearm and drugs and a robbery.

Garda Liam Wright told Garrett McCormack BL, prosecuting that Darby asked a man sitting at a bus stop for the time having earlier engaged him in conversation.

The man became suspicious and tried to shield his phone but Darby grabbed it and 

ran off.

The man followed but he then noticed that Darby had a seven inch kitchen knife. Darby shouted “don't f**king follow me” and the man backed off.

Gda Wright said during the conversation the victim felt he recognised Darby from the documentary and when he returned home, he confirmed it was him after watching an episode of the programme on Youtube.

Darby was arrested the following day and made full admissions.

Judge Melanie Greally adjourned sentencing to November 18, next. She remanded Darby on continuing bail and ordered a probation report.

Gda Wright agreed with Anne-Marie Lawlor BL, defending that Darby was deeply ashamed of his actions and claimed it had been “a spur of the moment” offence.

He accepted that, apart from two public order offences, Darby had not come to garda attention since 2003.

Gda Wright further accepted that the victim had not been hugely affected by the mugging and had “completely moved on”.

Ms Lawlor said the documentary dealt with drug addicts and their addictions and that Darby had been interviewed about his hopes that he was fully rehabilitated.

Counsel submitted to Judge Greally that Darby was not a threat to the community and asked that the case be adjourned to allow for a defence witness in relation to her client's engagement with drug treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 12>
  Share Topic