10 [13.16%]
58 [76.32%]
3 [3.95%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 11:50am
Totally agree with the last two points.
Sponsored Links

sledgehammer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sledgehammer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 12:03pm
There is a reason Keane has got so many goals the last few campaigns and its down to the partnership with Doyle. Also Doyle got the most assists of any Irish premiership player last year playing with the worst team in the league.

Walters is a sound pro he s hardly prolific got 2 more premier league goals than Doyles and took penos. He also got half the number of assists.

If Robbie was asked this question he d go for Doyle every time 
Up there for thinking. Down there for dancing
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

croatia i wpuld have keane and walters, spain id drop keane, play 5 in mid with long up front on his own and gibbo as the extra mid

If we beat Croatia that would prob be a great idea. Very brave call though and unlikely to happen.
in a game like Spain our backs will be against the wall, Keane is not pacy enough to take advatnage of the high line, nor disciplined enough to play as the 3 midfielder, he also cannot hold the ball up. He has been great for us, but these are the type of keys decisions tht need to be made imo if are to get out of the group. All the best managers pick teams to beat the opposition.
The biggest danger of doing this is Keane going into a sulk and throwing a hissy fit. 

If we play 4-4-2 against Spain it would show Trap up very badly imo.
Didnt he play 4-4-2 against Russia home and away??
We all saw what happenend there battered in two games.
Only an act of God(or Dunne) that we escaped moscow...cant see as being lucky enough for that to happen against Spain.
Your right Citizen BIG calls have to be made and Dropping Robbie against Spain would be a good call.
Johnner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:26pm
I don't think Trap would drop Keane
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by Johnner Johnner wrote:

That is why he will fail.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

WTF????
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Johnner View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Johnner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

I think if we go one up front he will play Keane and will ask him to do certain things as well as he can for 45 minutes and then look to make a change. He will want his most "famous" player on the pitch. 
Realmithy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realmithy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:46pm
Think longs pace would be a plus, although I think against Spain maybe Doyle, feeling we might need to hold the ball up front when under pressure.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 1:46pm
Walters and Keane for me for the big man small man combo
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:10pm
Lets face it, whoever we play up front against the Spanish they are going to struggle. Even if we put 11 men in midfield we would still lose out in the possession stakes against the Spanish midfield. 
seanyshuffler View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
PM snitch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seanyshuffler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:16pm
Trap will play 4 5 1 against the Spanish. Keane will be part of 5 man midfield and walters up top on his own. Played like that for a bit against the Czechs, he's also use to it during his time with Spurs and Villa
Huggybeer View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huggybeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:19pm
drop Keane for the spain game; play walters on his own play extra center mid or go 5 at the back and play extra center back
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Huggybeer Huggybeer wrote:

drop Keane for the spain game; play walters on his own play extra center mid or go 5 at the back and play extra center back
I  took this approach in FIFA 2012...didnt work! LOL
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
sir1997 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sir1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 2:38pm
keane walters is d partnership big strong lad suits style of play,n big presence in the box on corners n set plays.cox n doyle might not get a luk in at all,id say long wil b first choice sub. 
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:09pm
We deffo need to go 4-5-1 against Spain I reckon. Maybe play Walters or Gibson in Midfield with Keane up front, or the same but swapping Walters for Keane
DangerHere View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DangerHere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 3:16pm
Basically unless Trap manages to beat Spain people are gonna be questioning his team selection. I agree with what Seanyshuffler said that Keane will play in a 5 man midfield, but whoever we play, against a team like the Spanish, we'd be on top form to get a draw out of it.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:03pm

Originally posted by willmcc83 willmcc83 wrote:

croatia i wpuld have keane and walters, spain id drop keane, play 5 in mid with long up front on his own and gibbo as the extra mid

If we beat Croatia that would prob be a great idea. Very brave call though and unlikely to happen.
in a game like Spain our backs will be against the wall, Keane is not pacy enough to take advatnage of the high line, nor disciplined enough to play as the 3 midfielder, he also cannot hold the ball up. He has been great for us, but these are the type of keys decisions tht need to be made imo if are to get out of the group. All the best managers pick teams to beat the opposition.
The biggest danger of doing this is Keane going into a sulk and throwing a hissy fit. 

If we play 4-4-2 against Spain it would show Trap up very badly imo.

Agreed fully
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2012 at 5:10pm
75% Walters and I think he will get the nod, he was superb against Estonia away and has had a consistent season at Stoke.  He's the form player for me.  Doyle had a terrible time and Long is still struggling with his back, you need players in form and 100% no knocks.

Walters for me.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic