Forum Home Forum Home : League Of Ireland : Premier and First Division
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sligo Rovers Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 42>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 3:56pm
Just the usual antics that their fans here will come on deny ever happening. 

I've no problem with players celebrating in front of the opposition fans to be honest.
Sponsored Links

GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah wrote:

Just the usual antics that their fans here will come on deny ever happening. 

I've no problem with players celebrating in front of the opposition fans to be honest.

In fairness it was a bit worse than the usual antics. Fans squaring up to players on the pitch is a new level of scumbag. More than one fan too.

The Keaney goal is a worldie. GOTS contender. Forydce goal was a beauty aswell. Beating Dundalk and Shamrock at home but struggling against UCD and Harps. LOL 
Nah Nah Nah Nah View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Yea Yea Yea Yea

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nah Nah Nah Nah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2019 at 9:51pm
They’ve been on the pitch and at players before so I’d consider it usual 

2 wins and 2 draws from 4 home games against Dundalk, Waterford, Harps and Shams but not in the way you’d have expected 
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 11:40am
Any gobshsites getting onto a pitch to get anywhere near playing staff should be banned for life from entering all LOI grounds . 
Im back.
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 12:58pm
Well they’re plainly recognizable and now known to the Garda so over to you guys....?
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 6:12pm
I will be in contact with the club to make my feelings known tomorrow. This/these idiotic fools will make attending games for new fans unatractive , ruin the good name of our clubs and put lads off playing the game in the first place . Im hopping mad over this . If Rovers dont ban this ***t I will be handing in my season ticket and demanding a rebait - I refuse to be spoken of in the seme breath as the culprit-s. 
Im back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 7:07pm
Originally posted by Ah-FFS Ah-FFS wrote:

I will be in contact with the club to make my feelings known tomorrow. This/these idiotic fools will make attending games for new fans unatractive , ruin the good name of our clubs and put lads off playing the game in the first place . Im hopping mad over this . If Rovers dont ban this ***t I will be handing in my season ticket and demanding a rebait - I refuse to be spoken of in the seme breath as the culprit-s. 
What about the same language?
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Stop infesting the LOI sect - ok ?? . Get your smilies in the diddy parlour ya gobsh*te . Understood ??. 
Im back.
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 7:27pm

LOL,,,there"s a free one for ya ya fool . 
Im back.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 7:29pm

Stop infesting the LOI sect - ok ?? . Get your smilies in the diddy parlour ya gobsh*te . Understood ??. 
Not really as I only understand English and some French. At least try and keep the Dublinese to the Shams' thread. 
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2019 at 8:07pm
LOL very entertaining lads but pm that’s not dublinese, more outraged middle aged caveman!
Agree with his sentiments re the bubblehead pitch invaders(there were 3) but he hasn’t followed rofuss very long if he thinks they’ll be banned, no chance.
Ah-FFS View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ah-FFS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 1:19pm
Good man Billy . Its great to see you have this matter by the scruff of the neck . Tell me , as a LOI man what do you plan on doing re this outragous carry on and on the theme did you gentlemen track down the young lad who assaulted the mentally ill man when bohs visited the north west a few weeks back . I take it the guilty party was dealth with accordingly . 
Im back.
Twoinarow View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twoinarow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 2:55pm

Good man Billy . Its great to see you have this matter by the scruff of the neck . Tell me , as a LOI man what do you plan on doing re this outragous carry on and on the theme did you gentlemen track down the young lad who assaulted the mentally ill man when bohs visited the north west a few weeks back . I take it the guilty party was dealth with accordingly . 

What happened a Bohs fan in Sligo?

Regarding the other night, onyl way Sligo can stop this is banning away fans when they play Shamrock Rovers for a game or 2. Wont happen again after that!
2 in a row and we won it in Tallaght
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 6:09pm
Drunk gobsh*te grabbed a flag off a young chap who apparently has a disability. Said clown got a slap and a bollocking from other fans who bought the young lad a new flag, don’t know if he’s been seen since, tool.
Far more serious incident than a bunch of middle aged hoolies trying to fight players and spitting on oul lads with kids admittedly.

Edited by oldbilly - 07 May 2019 at 6:09pm
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 7:49pm
Just seen it on soccer Republic, were any of the lads nicked?

Fair bit thrown onto the pitch too
oldbilly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2019 at 8:54pm
3arrests . Too fat to run probably.
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2019 at 2:22pm

See below : Intresting comments on the FAI and the cost of insurance.

The Management Committee are keen to keep our fans up to speed with events at the club.  As with every season, there is a lot going on and the committee and volunteers are working as hard as ever.

As we reach the mid-season break it is clear we are at an important juncture for our club.  

On the field we have made significant progress so far this year.  The benefits of making the decision to recruit an experienced management team are there to see in terms of the calibre of player recruitment this year and the tactical nousis visible in results.  It is refreshing to be looking up the league table to see what might be achieved in the season.

Our club is now about much more than the First Team Squad only, we run five underage teams where the players and coaching staff give huge commitment to Sligo Rovers.  The pathway through the underage teams in the boys section is readily apparent in the First Team and the Ladies Under-17 Team has been such a success that we are actively considering a Senior Ladies Team for next year.  All of this involves significant expense.

Off the field we continue to make important strides forward.  The installation of 1,000 new seats and of a new Hospitality Clubhouse are important developments in improving and maintaining the fine facility we have in the Showgrounds.  

In line with our strategic plan we have announce a strengthening of our staff off the pitch in Colin Feehily as CEO, this is funded and will be cost neutral, it has to be.  The appointment of a CEO is one of the core targets in our five-year strategic plan.

However, there are several dark clouds on the horizon. 

The parent body of football in Ireland (the FAI) clearly has very significant issues.  As a club that is run almost exclusively by volunteers, all of whom give a huge level of commitment on an on-going basis, it is deflating to say the least to read about the corporate governance or the lack of in the parent organisation.  At the same time, the League of Ireland has been seriously under funded.

As a positive, it looks as if there are going to be significant structural changes in the league and in its funding.  We also have to remember there are many very dedicated people working within the FAI who must find the current situationvery uncomfortable, we work with many good people there on a daily basis.

A second challenge for us is the level of our Public Liability Insurance premium.  In the current environment where personal injury awards and other costs are high and have forced the closure of other sporting facilities, we have been subject of two large claims.  Our public insurance premiumhas gone up from €15,000 in 2016 to €60,000 in 2018.

Our first quote for 2019 was €86,000 (despite being claims free for four years) and only after much work, diligent persuasion and risk containment steps, did we get that premium down to €58,000.  Although this feels like a result, it is simply not sustainable.

As a club without an underwriting benefactor or European prize money, it is a difficult and daily challenge to sustain the level of financial commitment which we currently carry.

Most independent observers would reach the conclusion that Sligo Rovers are in a better place on and off the field than we have been in the last five years. 

We have been complimented by our supporters and independent experts on our massive community effort and control of finances. How far we go forward is limited by finance.  We want to back this management team and squad of players and add to it, but cannot be reckless in what we do.

We need your support and the support of the wider community.  The following are how you can help:

1. Support our home matches and bring others to see what is a very good product on their doorstep.

2. The Annual Draw is in full swing, this is one of our major fundraisers.  We would ask all supporters to support this in any way they can, either online, in the Showgrounds or when our sellers are going door to door. We ask businesses to consider the book of tickets option with reference to their business.

LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:49am
fair play to them. pity a few clubs wouldn't follow their example unlike the gobsh*tes we have at WFC and the Supporters Clubs 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3031323334 42>
  Share Topic