Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Mancini just been sacked

serious?
source?
Sponsored Links

Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:49pm
Mancini sacked and Brendan gleesons son was brilliant in love hate the other night
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:52pm
Rumours are Mark Hughes is in line to take over
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 1:54pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Mancini just been sacked

eejit LOL
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2012 at 3:10pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 5:21pm
A full blown crisis?”

And now it’s a full blown crisis. Manchester City, Champions of England, top of the Premier League, the only unbeaten professional side in the country, the best defensive record in the league have been knocked out of arguably the trickiest ever Champions League ‘Group of Death’.

In this morning’s papers, on the radio and on Sky Sports News, journalists who really should know better are pondering and probing as to whether the other Roberto will follow Di Matteo in the managerial sack race. Even Jose Mourinho, the man who had the audacity to refer to Arsene Wenger as a voyeur yet simply cannot resist poking his unwanted nose into other clubs’ business, has hinted that he believes Mancini should be given the bullet. Fortunately for everyone associated with Manchester City Football Club, the man who came from Italy is fully aware that in the eyes of the supporters, he is still the man to drive this club forwards after a huge show of support whilst Mourinho stalked up and down the touchline wondering why he isn’t shown the same level of love in Madrid.

In all honesty, it is a disappointment that City haven’t progressed beyond the group stage for a second consecutive year. That the club will probably finish without a win from this campaign and therefore will have the lowest points haul from any English side in Champions League history will hurt but let’s look at the positives and the ways in which City can improve the next time the Champions League rolls around and try to make it third time lucky.

In the two seasons so far, City will have played a dozen matches after the meaningless trip to Dortmund next month. In that time, City have only played Spanish, Italian, German and Dutch opposition. We’ve never been drawn against an FC Cluj, a BATE Borisov nor a Dynamo Zagreb. Should we complete Group D without a win, we’ll still have won a quarter of the twelve matches we have played so far. We’re still unbeaten on home soil. The mistakes that have resulted in dropped points at the Bernabeu, the Amsterdam Arena as well as the Etihad Stadium surely can’t be repeated too many more times. The match officials that have robbed us of crucial desicions against Bayern Munich last season and Ajax this may finally accept that we are amongst the European elite, aren’t going away and begin to treat us as such.

What we need to learn is not to give home sides an early lead in front of partisan crowds. This gives both the home team and the fanatics in attendance an enormous lift and we have often failed to recover once a goal down. City also need to consider the surge in confidence they would recieve from going in front during home matches. Napoli, Villareal, Borussia Dortmund, Ajax and Real Madrid have all benefitted from City’s sluggish starts in Manchester but in each of these games, Mancini’s men have recovered to gain at least a point. Five out of six games at home in other words where the visitors have drawn first blood. These are statistics that need to be changed if we are to enjoy the competition that would rather see two thousand loyal supporters locked out of a stadium each matchday, than trim a few inches from the advetising boards.

The final lesson that City need to take on board is a controversial one. Time and time again last night we saw Madrid players cut the flow of the game up by falling down, thus stopping the quest for a winner in full flow only to spring back to their feet untroubled and carry on with the game. Do City need to go in front and then play clever? Maybe. As the game approached injury time last night, one wisened chap sat a few seats away in the South Stand beautifully noted Pepe rolling around on the floor and announced to anyone who cared to listen – “That’s the one thing we need to learn from this year’s Champions League. Some call it gamesmanship, some call it professionalism, some call it a lack of sportsmanship – I refer to it as f**king cheating but there’s no doubt we have to become good at it.”

Of course City need to learn and move on and a third season of early exits would be a tremendous blow, but if the sky blues can kick on and successfully defend their Premier League crown then all will be well again in Mancini’s garden.

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:35pm
The above article is the biggest load of tripe I've ever read. That was actually a painful 2 minutes reading.

The facts are Mancini is not good enough to make a mark at Champions League level.
Man Citys squad {despite being the most expensively assembled team in the history of sport} are nowhere near challenging at Champions League level.
There is a massive amount of rubbish in that City squad, brought in by Mancini.

I have said it before, City will never make a mark in Europe - they have a small club mentality. They have pay cheque players.
They have embarrassed themselves 2 years in a row now in Europe, barely mustering a bit of spirit in either campaign. If i was a City fan, I would be appalled by their European performances!! 

Can I ask any City fans on here, how and why are they not appalled by these performances?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:44pm

willing to give it time. Of course we're disappointed by the euro performances but his job shouldn't be at risk

where you the one last week saying City wont be in the champions league much in the next 10 years anyway?
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:52pm
In fairness to City, they had an absolute Horrible Coont of a group, i think if they had Arsenal or Utds group they would still be in it,Mancini will get it right, it took Fergie a while to get the hang of Europe, but whats impressive is that it hasnt seemed to affect City in the prem,it shouldnt considering the big star studded squad they have , Crisis Confused ,they will finish in the top 2 this season.
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 6:52pm
Baggio where was that article from?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 7:03pm
Some fans site
quite one sided but raises some good points i thought
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:37pm
Didn't win one game

Pathetic European campaign no matter how you look at it
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:44pm
City's CL performances have been utter sh*te, they picked it up a bit 2nd half last night but if Real had taken their chances first half the match was over but what's wrong with rolling up the sleeves more in the other matches to date?   Celtic proved that if you're well set up and show a bit of spirit, fight and togetherness you can achieve things, City showed none of that this campaign. 

Too many fookers not arsed when they're not playing the pins they knock over in the Premier League most weeks.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:51pm
That toure lad is seriously talented

He's a lazy fooker though

Doesn't cover nearly enough ground and doesn't looked arsed defending

The likes of Dortmund haven't got far superior players- they are a hard working team though
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 8:54pm
Dortmund are the perfect definition of a 'team'
could go all the way
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

City's CL performances have been utter sh*te, they picked it up a bit 2nd half last night but if Real had taken their chances first half the match was over but what's wrong with rolling up the sleeves more in the other matches to date?   Celtic proved that if you're well set up and show a bit of spirit, fight and togetherness you can achieve things, City showed none of that this campaign. 

Too many fookers not arsed when they're not playing the pins they knock over in the Premier League most weeks.

Absolutely spot on with regards to Citys performance in Europe. They haven't put any real effort into these games, which is disgraceful. Surely the first thing supporters would want of their players is honesty of effort - If I was a City fan I'd be raging over their European efforts {or lack of!!}

Also, FW hit the nail on the head regards the EPL, Man City play utter dross most weeks domestically. Considering they are the most expensive squad on the planet with probably the highest wage bill, they should really be hammering the norwich and southampton teams of this world.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:27pm
Europe has been disappointing

as for the league comments, dross or not they can only beat wats out there, they did that last season and at this moment in time 19 other clubs would like to b on their position in the EPL

plenty of fellas like moleman about these days who won't give city an ounce of credit.

Chelsea spent 90m in the summer alone, highest spenders, look at the state they're in now.
United spent over 60m two summers ago, won f**k all and flopped in Europe, went out in summer and snapped up the leagues best player for 24m and give him 240k a week, yet it's only big bad city that are ruining the game with their 'pay cheque players'

I've seen worse crises no harm to ya!

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 Nov 2012 at 9:32pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Nov 2012 at 9:42pm
I think you are taking what I'm saying in the wrong way RB. I'm not trying to say City are a big ba club who are ruining the game by buying every decent player available!!!

Man United have been buying the best players for donkeys years, Chelsea have spent a fortune in the past 10 years buying players.

Man United and Chelsea have had huge success while doing this. Before last season, I think United made the knockout stage of the champions league for the last 15 seasons. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'd say chelsea have made the knockout stages for the last 10 seasons. Arsenal have been there for about 10+ seasons also!!

Man City have invested hugely, yet in Europe they are a joke. They have gone out with an absolute whimper 2 years in a row. If Ferguson or Wenger {2 managers who people would look at as close to unsackable} were knocked out 2 years in a row, I'd be pretty sure they'd be moved along or move upstairs not long afterwards.

As I said recently, Man City need to be challenging for the big prizes while the going is good for them, because in a few years time I reckon the club will be a mi table EPL club at best again.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 509>
  Share Topic