You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437438439 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Still a long way to go but I'd be surprised if Man city don't win the title this season.
Sticking your neck out there in a big way LOL

It's a funny old game.

Big smile
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:47pm
Foden would have had a hat trick there today if he’d gone on loan to Oldham three years ago instead of staying at City
He’d also have 11 England caps instead of 5

Shameful management of him by Guardiola 

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:14pm
Guardiola seemed critical enough of Foden in the post match regarding his positioning in the first half.   
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:16pm
Keeping his feet on the ground no doubt with those comments 
He  was sensational today, how he kept taking on the likes of Fabinho and Trent and leaving them for dust 
Special player 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 07 Feb 2021 at 7:17pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Foden would have had a hat trick there today if he’d gone on loan to Oldham three years ago instead of staying at City
He’d also have 11 England caps instead of 5

Shameful management of him by Guardiola 

Clap
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 11:08pm

Keeping his feet on the ground no doubt with those comments 
He  was sensational today, how he kept taking on the likes of Fabinho and Trent and leaving them for dust 
Special player 

Sensational in the second half...along with sterling.both of them were average in the first half,going by 2/3 players them making a bad pass or just getting crowded out.second half they released the ball quicker and moved quicker and along with foden playing on the wing and Jesus through the middle it made a huge difference.defensively soild again today..other than Dias trying to be too smart and heeling the ball to zinchenko...and some brilliant displays from most of the city team.

really have to hand it to pep on the transformation of this squad from last season and early this season(though I wonder what would of happened if Dias turned out to be a dud?).there’ll be a sweetness about this title win IF we win it,not many have come from 14th in league to win a league in the manner city are playing at the moment.a joy to watch.💙💙💙💙
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 11:12pm
You changed your mind on Rodri yet?
I know I definitely have since the Lyon game anyway 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 11:38pm

Not really....he’s been ok lately but gundogan is carrying the torch for him,even when ferindino has played he outshines rodri.he’s getting there but I think because we’ve been so soild at the back a lot of his work is been done by the center half’s,gundogan and even the full backs coming in field.I think he’ll be better in the European games because of the slower pace by I’m yet to be fully convinced by him.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 11:47pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Not really....he’s been ok lately but gundogan is carrying the torch for him,even when ferindino has played he outshines rodri.he’s getting there but I think because we’ve been so soild at the back a lot of his work is been done by the center half’s,gundogan and even the full backs coming in field.I think he’ll be better in the European games because of the slower pace by I’m yet to be fully convinced by him.

Rodri has been a major reason why your defence has been so strong, his positioning is brilliant! A very intelligent footballer.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 10:24am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

If City are going to win the league they need to show some consistency-   The next 6 games are key. Previously they would take 18 points from these games.

The game after Burnley is Liverpool.

Brighton H
Palace  H
Villa  H
WB  A
SU  H
Burnley A

They won all 6 and beat Liverpool for good measure.

10 league wins in a row. Thats how you win league titles.
14 wins in all competitions.

Another domestic treble is a real possibility. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2021 at 9:27pm
15 wins in a row in all competitions 
A new English football record 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:43am

15 wins in a row in all competitions 
A new English football record 

The Spurs Double Team of 1960/61 won 15 of their opening 16 games (all 1st Division), with the only blemish being the 12th, a 1-1 draw....

.... at home to Manchester Feck'n City... Angry

(Either side of that draw, they won 4-0 away to Wolves and Forest)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1960%E2%80%9361_Tottenham_Hotspur_F.C._season

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:11pm
17 in a row now
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:29pm

17 in a row now
Its just a stroll to the title this year for them now, by far the best team.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:39pm
Yep, amazing how quickly they got it wrapped up. A few months ago they weren't even in the top 6 and up until mid to late December they didn't look anywhere near the team they were a few years ago. I would maybe even go as far to say that up until the game away to Chelsea on January 3rd they weren't overly impressive in any game so far this season. 

The form of the other clubs in the league has been very inconsistent. What is the longest winning run all season of any of the other 19 clubs? I'd say 5 games at most. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:50pm
Giles had completely City wrote off at the start of the season LOL

It does baffle me when ex-players that played the game at the highest level could still come out with daft predictions in that they would write off a team like City even at the start of the season. Didn't Keane write City off a few months back?

For me at the start of this season and the last few really, It was either City or Liverpool for the title and Chelsea arguably being the most capable of catching them or closing the gap. 

Going into next season, City/Liverpool will be the favourites but unless Chelsea can have a strong finish to the rest of this season, there will be that substantial gap of the first two with United/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal and Leicester for the 3rd/4th positions. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:00pm
Keane and a few others wrote City off

I don't hear much from Giles anymore. Listened to his podcast with Dunphy once in recent months a few weeks ago where they were discussing the United v Liverpool game. He kept calling Firmino "For Mane" and oddly said yeah City are going well but haven't played any of the big boys yet, despite the league being at the halfway point
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:15pm
Can't exactly knock someone for having a prediction based on the current circumstances.

If they said the same Liverpool who won the league by over 20 points will be 6th after 25 games and at the same time the same West Ham side who have flirted with bottom of the league for seasons will be in contention for 2nd place, you'd not only sack them but wheel them off to the nearest mental asylum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437438439 509>
  Share Topic