You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Now, now SD, you can't be making long posts on this forum - people don't read them, don't you know? LOL

Though as one of the few who do have the capacity to read something more challenging than The Sun's back page, I have to say I agree with all you say.

Well I would do, wouldn't I? I mean, it only chimes with what I wrote myself on the Champions League thread the other day:

Yeah, I just rehashed what you wrote. I figured people were more likely to read it if it came from a source they thought was credible.

Which is just another way of saying that many people on here aren't interested in what someone says, just who's saying it i.e. prejudice in its true sense.

Congratulations to all involved.

Ah Terry it was a joke. I hadn't seen your post until you drew my attention to it.
Sponsored Links

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 7:18pm

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Now, now SD, you can't be making long posts on this forum - people don't read them, don't you know? LOL

Though as one of the few who do have the capacity to read something more challenging than The Sun's back page, I have to say I agree with all you say.

Well I would do, wouldn't I? I mean, it only chimes with what I wrote myself on the Champions League thread the other day:

Yeah, I just rehashed what you wrote. I figured people were more likely to read it if it came from a source they thought was credible.

Which is just another way of saying that many people on here aren't interested in what someone says, just who's saying it i.e. prejudice in its true sense.

Despite your willingness to be put upon, we all know its nothing to do with prejudice, or dare i mention, discrimination or, here goes, and its what you’re re aiming at, sectarianism. Its because you waffle uncontrollably and cant wait to play the victim. At times, you have a bigger chip than Mr Macari...

Had I meant "discrimination" or "sectarianism", I'd have said so.

I deliberately chose the term "prejudice in its true sense" because that was exactly what I meant:

prejudice

noun

an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

Though if that's too wordy for you, just think of it as "pre-judging".

paranoia
/ˌparəˈnɔɪə/
noun
noun: paranoia
a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically worked into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 9:01pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Sham157 Sham157 wrote:

Despite your willingness to be put upon, we all know its nothing to do with prejudice, or dare i mention, discrimination or, here goes, and its what you’re re aiming at, sectarianism. Its because you waffle uncontrollably and cant wait to play the victim. At times, you have a bigger chip than Mr Macari...

Had I meant "discrimination" or "sectarianism", I'd have said so.

I deliberately chose the term "prejudice in its true sense" because that was exactly what I meant:

prejudice

noun

an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason.

Though if that's too wordy for you, just think of it as "pre-judging".

paranoia
/ˌparəˈnɔɪə/
noun
noun: paranoia
a mental condition characterized by delusions of persecution, unwarranted jealousy, or exaggerated self-importance, typically worked into an organized system. It may be an aspect of chronic personality disorder, of drug abuse, or of a serious condition such as schizophrenia in which the person loses touch with reality.
LOL
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 9:27pm
Get back into second place and try to play their way back into form for the resumption of the champions league should be City’s target over the next few months. 
Would be good to get Laporte and Sane back and firing soon, but they’ll most likely take a while to get back up to speed. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 11:09pm
Some performance by city today
Just seeing the highlights now

De Bruyne best player in the league on his day 
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Some performance by city today
Just seeing the highlights now

De Bruyne best player in the league on his day 

Hes one of the best players in the world. Hes unreal. Makes things look so simple. Love watching him. Arsenal were muck but he had a field day today. Unlucky not to score another 1 or 2. 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2019 at 11:41pm
ferindinho was top notch today aswell...
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

ferindinho was top notch today aswell...

The first goal was brilliant which began with him coming out of defence with the ball and playing a great pass in behind the Arsenal defence to Jesus
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 7:13pm
De Bruyne is a fantastic player and one if the best in the World on his day. But I would not judge that day against Arsenal.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 7:23pm
On course to break the most assists in a season record in the PL era set by Henry. 

Scored some belters this season. 

Pep should have listened to John Giles and shown him the door though 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 7:30pm
Whatever about Giles mad comments, there's definitely an argument for changing De Bruynes position to further forward over the last few months and solidifying the midfield. It's just not how Guardiola goes about things though.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 8:13pm
You think he should be further forward or shouldn’t?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 9:30pm

You think he should be further forward or shouldn’t?

I think Guardiola should have solidified the midfield. If it was working with Rodri plus 2 nifty players, all good. It's not though. If it was working with Rodri, Fernandinho plus 1 nifty player, all good. I don't even think Guardiola has tried that has he? He may even have had to go with Rodri, Fernandinho, and Gudongan who is a more conventional midfielder to De Bruyne or David Silva

The issues in midfield are so clear for months now. It just compounds the horror show that is the CB pairing at the moment. Dr Bruyne could probably play anywhere, he is that good. The team is suffering badly because Guardiola hasn't changed any of his principles even though he is operating with a far far weaker team than 1/2 seasons ago. Very much like Guardiolas first season at City where his style and tactics didn't match whatsoever to the set of players at his disposal. They are obviously a lot stronger personnel wise now to 3 years ago, but the blatant defensive weaknesses are back.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 11:00pm
No he has never played both Rodri and Fernandinho in midfield, and I can’t see him doing it 
I wouldn’t be surprised if Fernandinho doesn’t play another game in midfield for City to be honest. 

I always liked Bernardo Silva in central midfield. At Anfield last season he was brilliant in there. Would like to see him there more often. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 11:09pm
They are all brilliant midfielders with the ball tbf. The team is just hugely unbalanced defensively. The worst of sides in the PL are able to walk through them at times. You'd have to admire Guardiola for sticking to his principles but at the same time I do think they are worse off points wise in the league for it this season.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 9:01am
Good performance yesterday, should have won by more

I’d like to see Mahrez get a run in the team 

Good to see Gundogan now on penalty duty. Called that a few months ago, Aguero and Jesus are terrible at them 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 22 Dec 2019 at 9:02am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2019 at 9:45am

Good performance yesterday, should have won by more

I’d like to see Mahrez get a run in the team 

Good to see Gundogan now on penalty duty. Called that a few months ago, Aguero and Jesus are terrible at them 

Man City were great yesterday- KDB is a joy to watch when he plays at his best.

I can see them comfortably finishing 2nd.
With the league gone they can rest players to try and win 3 cups.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2019 at 6:43pm
I see a video on social media where they’re asking Mahrez and Mendy questions about city
Mahrez is asked which player announced at the start of the season that this was his last year at the club and he answers David Silva and Fernandinho 

The latter must be away too in May

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 379380381382383 509>
  Share Topic