You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 9:25am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I thought De Bruyne was off his game. From mis-controlling easy balls to putting too many crosses in too close to the keeper
There was the odd good ball such as the one to Aguero but overall he was poor I thought.

Fair enough, just thought it was a bit odd to single him out. As I say had any of City's attackers been on their game he would have ended up with more than one assist. The Guardian's player ratings said this about him:

Kevin De Bruyne

City’s most threatening player in the first half and must have despaired at the failure of Agüero and Sterling to capitalise on his invitations. Could not have done more. 8

Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 10:07am
Fairly handy win alright.
Had €50 on the -1 @ 4/1 alright.

More worried about Chelsea andLeicester than City.
Bubble burst, Pep be gone in June.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 10:27am

G'wan outa that you chancer Gazza

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Still a very good City XI.

Be very close, most likely a draw
El Puto Amo
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 10:44am
Great result for us considering we didn't play well in the first half and were still 2 up. Far better second half and deserved the win. Huge lead now so can hopefully keep it going although have a savage amount of games from 30 Nov to 3 Dec - if can keep things relatively injury free then should be ok....i hope

On City, thought they were hard done on the TAA one. Didn't even celebrate Fabinho scoring, was just waiting for it to be pulled back. Not sure what the rule is as regards Silva's handball but regardless, City from there to the ball hitting the net were terrible. Half arsed clearance for it from Gundogan I think? Then 2 of them caught out for the second goal & Walker/Bravo for the third. They can rightly argue about the TAA one but their own performance wasnt good enough, especially defensively

KDB was poor too
Some people just deserve a slap
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 11:27am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Just trying to give Vaggio some hope.

Should still scrape Top 4 though.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:32pm

LOLLOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:41pm

My hope for the EPL has gone this season after 3 costly defeats in the opening 12 games.
Aw well, winning three in a row isn't going to happen.

They don't look the same team as the "Centurions" and first domestic treble winners of the last few seasons anyway.

Losing Kompany and not replacing him was a big factor, especially considering the Laporte injury who seemed to be able to at least keep Stones or Otamendi steady alongside him.

Trying to shoehorn Fernandinho into a position he isn't comfortable in is another. Think back to the game in January were City beat Liverpool, he ran that game in midfield, was unreal. Rodri isn't the same player, or at least hasn't been so far. City were missing a player like that in midfield yesterday. Fernadinho was the best defensive midfielder in the league for years there. Its Fabinho now.

Best they can hope for is to get Sane and Laporte back in the new year and give the cups a go and see how far they can go in the CL

The continuing left back problem is another. Angelino wasn't bad yesterday but he's not up to that level of game. Mendy has been a disaster. Liverpools full backs are on a different planet to Citys.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 Nov 2019 at 12:43pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:51pm

Fair play to Sterling, with De Bruyne ane Aguero having off days he carried the fight to Liverpool second half and never gave up 

A huge gap now considering performances so far this season 
It’s as good as over

City sh*t themselves at Anfield again. They Didn’t actually play that badly today if you took away the two goalmouths LOL

Thought he was very poor, seen a lot of the ball without threatening.

Bottles it against Liverpool every time.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:52pm
He was Tony Angelino yesterday LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:54pm

PP didnt want to pay out at 4/1 just there.
Had to wait 20 mins while he checked it the kants.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 12:55pm

My hope for the EPL has gone this season after 3 costly defeats in the opening 12 games.
Aw well, winning three in a row isn't going to happen.

They don't look the same team as the "Centurions" and first domestic treble winners of the last few seasons anyway.

Losing Kompany and not replacing him was a big factor, especially considering the Laporte injury who seemed to be able to at least keep Stones or Otamendi steady alongside him.

Trying to shoehorn Fernandinho into a position he isn't comfortable in is another. Think back to the game in January were City beat Liverpool, he ran that game in midfield, was unreal. Rodri isn't the same player, or at least hasn't been so far. City were missing a player like that in midfield yesterday. Fernadinho was the best defensive midfielder in the league for years there. Its Fabinho now.

Best they can hope for is to get Sane and Laporte back in the new year and give the cups a go and see how far they can go in the CL

The continuing left back problem is another. Angelino wasn't bad yesterday but he's not up to that level of game. Mendy has been a disaster. Liverpools full backs are on a different planet to Citys.

This is it, City simply are not as good a team as 12 months ago or 2 years ago. Whoever was make the recruitment decisions behind the scenes last summer had a nightmare (presume it was Begiristain with some input from Guardiola). They have gotten it horribly wrong.

To not sign 1, let alone 2 new CBs was a criminal mistake. Stones and Otamendi clearly don't have the trust of the manager anymore. Bravo really should have been moved on and replaced with a better back up. 

The absolute myth over the past 2 years about City's squad is well and truly busted. Most of their defensive back ups are nowhere near the level required anymore, as good as their attacking options are. It can't be underestimated how big a loss Sane is either. Even though they'd only a few days, I think it was a mistake to not get a player in that position to cover him. Especially with Guardiola losing a lot of faith in Mendy over the last year or so (different position to Sane but offers similar width).

I think Liverpool will win the league pulling up, there is the potential for an unbeaten season if they get through the Leicester away game at Christmas unscathed. City will regroup over the next few months and I can see them having an almighty rattle at the CL when they have a stronger team available. The league is dead for them imo, they will drop plenty more points yet.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:02pm
Thank you so much
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:12pm
Mendy and Cancelo cost £110m Confused
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Fair play to Sterling, with De Bruyne ane Aguero having off days he carried the fight to Liverpool second half and never gave up 

A huge gap now considering performances so far this season 
It’s as good as over

City sh*t themselves at Anfield again. They Didn’t actually play that badly today if you took away the two goalmouths LOL

Thought he was very poor, seen a lot of the ball without threatening.

Bottles it against Liverpool every time.

He was giving TAA all sorts of problems I thought especially second half and should have had a penalty and an assist had Jesus converted 
He’s now city’s most important player I would say 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 Nov 2019 at 1:13pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:15pm

And Naby Keita cost £55mConfused

All teams have bad and good signings 

Early days for Cancelo also 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:24pm
The issue isn't necessarily just bad signings imo. It's that for whatever reason they are not moving on players that Guardiola has no faith in, even after a prolonged period of time. Stones and Otamendi should be long gone. The manager has no faith in them. Mendy, who I think is a superb player, should also be gone. It's clear Guardiola has serious issues with him also.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 1:33pm

And Naby Keita cost £55mConfused

All teams have bad and good signings 

Early days for Cancelo also 
Keita gets game time and is very much part of Klopp’s plans.

Same cant be said of those two and throw in Sane and a few other duds Pep signed.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Nov 2019 at 2:00pm
Mendy has had plenty of game time. Injuries are his problem

Cancelo has had a few starts and is only in the door. He'll get plenty of games and be a good signing i'd say

Sane a dud??? you having a laugh? He's been exceptional and one of the best young players in the world in the last few seasons.
At £30m he was a superb signing, you'd get treble that now if he goes to Bayern.
Starting to think you don't actually watch much of City?

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 Nov 2019 at 2:07pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 368369370371372 509>
  Share Topic