Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 365366367368369 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:14pm
they’re in big trouble anyway

No Laporte, Rodri, Silva,Sane and now possibly Ederson 
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Ederson subbed off at half time in Atalanta. They are in big trouble if they have to go with Bravo on Sunday...

I don't think Bravo is as bad as he shown in his first season in English football, he will have learned a hell of a lot after a number of mistakes when he joined from Barca.

He had zero chance with that goal this evening also.

Bravo is way ahead of Muric ability wise (aware he's at Forest for the year) and they're luck to him as back up imo.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:37pm
That was awful defending for the goal by Mendy and Fernandinho

The let Ilicic run in between them while standing ball watching minutes before, and did the exact same for the goal. McManaman was trying to blame Otamendi for him letting the cross go in but surely one of Mendy or Fernandinho has to pick up the striker. 

Only City could get a player injured who was standing scratching his arse the whole first half   

Very poor second half performance this 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:44pm
it’s turned calamitous now 

This is what happens when u don’t take your chances and persist with penalty takers who continually miss them 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:46pm
This has *already* added seven minutes on. There'll be 10 minutes added, I'd guess.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Ederson subbed off at half time in Atalanta. They are in big trouble if they have to go with Bravo on Sunday...

I don't think Bravo is as bad as he shown in his first season in English football, he will have learned a hell of a lot after a number of mistakes when he joined from Barca.

He had zero chance with that goal this evening also.

Bravo is way ahead of Muric ability wise (aware he's at Forest for the year) and they're luck to him as back up imo.

It’s more because their defence has already been shaky without Laporte and now they are potentially without their first choice keeper. Ederson has also been in great form this season. He’s always solid but he’s really upped his game lately and made a number of big saves. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 9:54pm
I wonder is the excessive workload Pep puts on his players both physically and mentally finally taking it's toll on the squad?

I can only how tough an environment it is to work under him, in comparison to the more jovial Klopp or relaxed Ancelotti.

Again I could be way off here but something seems missing with this City team this season, even when they've played really well in games Pep is coming out bemoaning they should be doing better. 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:20pm
I think the jovial Klopp thing is way overplayed. I've no doubt he's one of the most demanding managers going, much like Guardiola. Obviously different personalities, but from a football perspective I'd say they are both incredibly demanding.

Either way, this is a game where Liverpool should be winning imo. They need to go after City as there is a serious weakness in defense. Last year at Anfield in the 0-0 City were tactically very good, dominated play, but Liverpool were way too timid as well. Liverpool need to go after them from the off. Get a goal early in the game and I think Liverpool will win well. Unless Guardiola does what I believe he should do, play with a very defensive mindset.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:25pm
His mindset in the 0-0 last season was defensive 
The thing was they had good defenders available then, and their first choice defensive midfielder 

Liverpool terrify Guardiola I think after the CL a few years ago

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:30pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I think the jovial Klopp thing is way overplayed. I've no doubt he's one of the most demanding managers going, much like Guardiola. Obviously different personalities, but from a football perspective I'd say they are both incredibly demanding.

Either way, this is a game where Liverpool should be winning imo. They need to go after City as there is a serious weakness in defense. Last year at Anfield in the 0-0 City were tactically very good, dominated play, but Liverpool were way too timid as well. Liverpool need to go after them from the off. Get a goal early in the game and I think Liverpool will win well. Unless Guardiola does what I believe he should do, play with a very defensive mindset.

Professional football is incredibly demanding no matter the manager/team, but a managers personality rubs off on his players and that's what I was getting at.

It's no great surprise that Pep lasted 4 years at Barca (took a year out then) and 3 at Bayern (of course we can factor in the contrast of clubs to a point) but I think his methods and style/nature have a shelf life of no more than 3 or 4 season's at any club. 

Klopp done 7 years at Mainz, 7 years at Dortmund and is showing no signs of leaving Liverpool, his personality makes him easier to be around and I can only imagine the environment he creates for his teams are more relaxed than Peps. 

Jupp Heynckes was probably one of the most popular Bayern managers of all time, the players never wanted him to leave, yet they just accepted it when Pep left.

Edited by Green Devil - 06 Nov 2019 at 10:32pm

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

His mindset in the 0-0 last season was defensive 
The thing was they had good defenders available then, and their first choice defensive midfielder 

Liverpool terrify Guardiola I think after the CL a few years ago

I think it was more controlled than necessarily defensive. They were smart, they kept the ball but they also didn't overcommit players when going forward. They didn't leave their defense exposed at all.

This season, I think City will need to go way beyond that. Properly defensive. Maybe sacrifice a forward at a minimum and keep an awful lot of bodies behind the ball. If City open up, that defence will be annihilated.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:42pm
Hans will you be lumping on Liverpool at 6/4 Sunday?

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:44pm

Professional football is incredibly demanding no matter the manager/team, but a managers personality rubs off on his players and that's what I was getting at.

It's no great surprise that Pep lasted 4 years at Barca (took a year out then) and 3 at Bayern (of course we can factor in the contrast of clubs to a point) but I think his methods and style/nature have a shelf life of no more than 3 or 4 season's at any club. 

Klopp done 7 years at Mainz, 7 years at Dortmund and is showing no signs of leaving Liverpool, his personality makes him easier to be around and I can only imagine the environment he creates for his teams are more relaxed than Peps. 

Jupp Heynckes was probably one of the most popular Bayern managers of all time, the players never wanted him to leave, yet they just accepted it when Pep left.

Would agree with a lot of that. I think that either this or next season will be Guardiolas last at City. I hope I'm wrong as Klopps Liverpool vs Guardiolas City has a few chapters left in it yet I reckon.

I think the nice guy Klopp thing gets overplayed in the media most definitely. They make out as if he's constantly hugging guys behind closed doors. I'd say it's the exact opposite a lot of times. 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2019 at 10:45pm

Hans will you be lumping on Liverpool at 6/4 Sunday?

I have already lumped. I will be lumping Liverpool minus 1 also. The odds are incredible imo. Way above what they should be.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 7:36am

Good to see Gabriel Jesus produce the goods again last night Clap
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:39am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

they’re in big trouble anyway

No Laporte, Rodri, Silva,Sane and now possibly Ederson 
God help them, they only had Jesus, Foden, Otamendi, Mahrez, Cancelo & Mendy on the bench last week. How will they cope at all? Ermm
Some people just deserve a slap
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:56am
Take out the keeper, best centre half, first choice defensive midfielder and captain from any team and they'd struggle
That defence could get torn apart on Sunday, more so now if Ederson is out
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 9:58am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Good to see Gabriel Jesus produce the goods again last night Clap

West Ham scouts were in attendance last night.
A bid is said to be imminent.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 365366367368369 509>
  Share Topic