Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 509>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

City are so dominant it’s nearly boring.
Sane is unbelievable

Barcalona v Athletico Madrid was on, so watched that instead, although the first half wasn't great 2nd half was. Watched 10 mins of the City game at half time of the other game and that was enough for me, one way traffic and very very boring 

I've been saying that for a long time now about city (poor baggio got very offended)

As good as city are to watch, their dominance leads to boring games

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 12:43pm
https://twitter.com/AdamNewson/status/970371572056969216

Didn't watch the game but this 17 second clip summed up the game quite nicely.

Man City passing the ball about,
Chelsea 10 man defence,
Fabregas half arsed walking towards the ball
Willian too busy chatting to the ref while the ball is in open play.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 12:47pm
LOL
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Ah here, you on the beer early?
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 12:48pm
The lack of pressure on all City players from their keeper up to about 25 yards from goal was madness. Watch the goal again and the time that Gundogan has to chip a ball over the top in the direction of Aguero.
Its not something for City to worry about though.
Gary Neville bemoaning every opponent of Citys these days for the way they play. Perhaps they're just a very good team who are very hard to play against and who also tire their opponents out?

Had to laugh also at Neville asking Henry how teams in Spain would have approached games against Barcelona. You should know Gary, you took Valencia to Barcelona and lost 7-0!
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Ah here, you on the beer early?

You forgotten to take your meds today? Following me about the forum like some weird creep LOL
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 12:54pm
You posted gibberish while quoting me, I merely asked to understand that. I then come on here to see you are giving a synopsis of something you didn't see, if that makes me a 'weird creep' then so be it.

In fairness Baggio, if anything, that only proves that Neville doesn't know!
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Sane is unbelievable

Barcalona v Athletico Madrid was on, so watched that instead, although the first half wasn't great 2nd half was. Watched 10 mins of the City game at half time of the other game and that was enough for me, one way traffic and very very boring 

I've been saying that for a long time now about city (poor baggio got very offended)

i enjoyed there game against Arsenal on Thursday, so I'd disagree with that. Chelsea just seemed to be way to negative 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

The lack of pressure on all City players from their keeper up to about 25 yards from goal was madness. Watch the goal again and the time that Gundogan has to chip a ball over the top in the direction of Aguero.
Gary Neville bemoaning every opponent of Citys these days for the way they play. Perhaps they're just a very good team who are very hard to play against and who also tire their opponents out?

Had to laugh also at Neville asking Henry how teams in Spain would have approached games against Barcelona. You should know Gary, you took Valencia to Barcelona and lost 7-0!

Was he not referring to when Henry played for Pep at Barcelona?

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 1:40pm

Sane is unbelievable

This was levelled at Barca too when they were winning everything during Pep's time in charge. 

I would rather watch a team playing brilliant football at the peak of their ability (juiced to the gills or not) destroying teams, than watch the likes of United, Chelsea, and Arsenal struggle against teams in the bottom half of the table, with the brutal football they deliver.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 1:50pm

Was he not referring to when Henry played for Pep at Barcelona?

He was.
Barca's style of play borne under Pep hasn't changed that much since though really
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Sane is unbelievable

This was levelled at Barca too when they were winning everything during Pep's time in charge. 

I would rather watch a team playing brilliant football at the peak of their ability (juiced to the gills or not) destroying teams, than watch the likes of United, Chelsea, and Arsenal struggle against teams in the bottom half of the table, with the brutal football they deliver.

Is Shoco a United fan by any chance?
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 2:02pm

Sane is unbelievable

Is Shoco a United fan by any chance?

Isn’t he a LOI fan?

I’m not sure why you concluded that he was a Utd fan.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2018 at 2:14pm

Sane is unbelievable

So would I, but one good team doesn't make it an exciting game, you need two teams for that

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 12:35am
Mendy back in training
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 1:05am

What an absolute t**ser. Disgraceful carry on altogether, passing the ball to someone in their own team. Contempt in its wildest form.
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/i-dont-like-to-see-good-players-humiliated-eamon-dunphy-takes-issue-with-one-aspect-of-man-citys-latest-win-36673248.html

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 06 Mar 2018 at 1:07am
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2018 at 1:54pm
was at the game on Sunday, everything about this City team is just top class when watching them live, their first touch, their movement, their awareness, nearly everytime a player is on the ball he has 3/4/5 options, simple passes and go again

I get that it might be "boring" for a neutral to watch but as a City fan its incredible and looking at the age profile of the squad now long may it 
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 4:30pm
The boring stuff about City is just comical talk. They are boring because they are far better than teams? They are boring because they keep the ball brilliantly? They are boring because teams like Chelsea and their manager Conte are terrified of them, and afraid to go toe to toe with them? The last point is by far the funniest, as if it's City's fault that other teams are terrified of them. On that score though, if you want to beat City you have to be a brave team. Maybe not for 90 mins, but for plenty of stretches of that 90 mins. If you just sit back, they will generally murder you. They have too many creative players well capable of picking apart parked double decker buses, not to find holes in that strategy. It's why the QF of the CL onwards could have some incredible matches with City involved. Real Barca Bayern Liverpool will all go toe to toe with them, at least in stretches of the game. Really hope they draw one of these sides in the QF.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 07 Mar 2018 at 4:32pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2018 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The boring stuff about City is just comical talk. They are boring because they are far better than teams? They are boring because they keep the ball brilliantly? They are boring because teams like Chelsea and their manager Conte are terrified of them, and afraid to go toe to toe with them? The last point is by far the funniest, as if it's City's fault that other teams are terrified of them. On that score though, if you want to beat City you have to be a brave team. Maybe not for 90 mins, but for plenty of stretches of that 90 mins. If you just sit back, they will generally murder you. They have too many creative players well capable of picking apart parked double decker buses, not to find holes in that strategy. It's why the QF of the CL onwards could have some incredible matches with City involved. Real Barca Bayern Liverpool will all go toe to toe with them, at least in stretches of the game. Really hope they draw one of these sides in the QF.

I wouldn't be so sure of Barca or Real going toe to toe with City. I'm not saying that they would be negative per se but I could see Real being set up to absorb pressure and counter and this current Barca side is nowhere near as evangelical about pressing as previous incarnations were. 
El Puto Amo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 509>
  Share Topic