Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 225226227228229 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:18pm
Aguero was miles from him though. He won the ball cleanly and without force. I thought it was a great challenge at the time and still think the same. It certainly wouldn't be a free-kick in League 1.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Aguero was miles from him though. He won the ball cleanly and without force. I thought it was a great challenge at the time and still think the same. It certainly wouldn't be a free-kick in League 1.

Confused Both of Byrne's feet made contact with Aguero, the knee and ankle.

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Confused Both of Byrne's feet made contact with Aguero, the knee and ankle.

I meant miles from the ball.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:46pm

Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

you're in a spiteful mood today 

Yet again, I apologise for having a sense of humour. Wacko

do you reckon wigan have perhaps shown the way for other PL teams on how to counteract citeh's gameplan? and if there could be a few more bumps in the run-in to their title? 

Possibly.
But so did Bristol City and Wolves earlier in the season in many ways.

The question should be, do you think the next time Mourinho, as City's nearest challenger at present, comes to play them is he going to set up any differently to what he has done the previous 3 times in the league?

think pep needs to be given a ban this time round, or at least a fine of some sort. this confrontational behaviour is grand if it was an level playing field for all managers, but the fact that wenger and mourinho would be walking themselves into a stadium ban for that, pep seems to be able to flutter his eyelashes and get away with it all

Probably so. Couldn't complain if he gets some sort of a ban. Don't think it makes much difference anyway whether the manager is in the stands, on the touchline, or in a laundry basket in the dressing room. Tired of the whole poor Jose complex though that gets trotted out constantly.

no need to apologise. I know you roll out that comment regularly enough when on the back foot.

don't think mourinho will change his tactics at all when they play at the Etihad. he's too much pride in keeping a record, and will no doubt celebrate a nil all stalemate. he's also probably worried about another 5-0 drubbing from pep, which if citeh click like they can and united setup like they did away to spurs, then there's a real possibility.

true, bans don't really make a difference. pep does spend most of his time on the sideline barking orders, so would be interesting to see if he weren't there, if it would make any difference (doubt it)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:51pm
On the back foot LOL
Even Doc didn't react to that obvious playful dig.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 4:13pm
El Puto Amo
Dino Baggio View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dino Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 4:53pm
FA confirm no action to be taken against Aguero 
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 5:16pm
Last night I thought he'd get a ban for what looked like him just randomly hitting a fan but from finding out today the chap spat at him Aguero should have decked the **** properly.
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 5:19pm
Yeah I think that's fair enough. 
El Puto Amo
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 5:30pm
Lowest of the low is spitting, pity a few of the players did not take action into their own hands and help Aguero out ala Cantona
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Dino Baggio Dino Baggio wrote:

FA confirm no action to be taken against Aguero 

Jokeshop, should have at least gotten a game. (Wouldn't be of the same opinion if the LC final wasn't this Sunday).
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 6:18pm
The photo of the spit doing the rounds is after Aguero has had a go so it's not him responding to that you wouldn't think.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:02pm
Was the spitting incident caught on camera. I saw the video of Aguero giving the lad a dig but none of the spitting.
No harm to give a scrote a few digs if he's acting the tramp but Aguero is very lucky to not get a ban.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:10pm
The alleged words used was 'Suck my dick' does that warrant a punch?

Saw none of the spitting either and lashing out over someone telling you to suck their dick... I think Aguero got extremely lucky to get away with it.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

The alleged words used was 'Suck my dick' does that warrant a punch?

Saw none of the spitting either and lashing out over someone telling you to suck their dick... I think Aguero got extremely lucky to get away with it.

I'm guessing his saving grace was the lad encroached onto the pitch.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 11:24pm
The video shows that a first scrote flicks him round the back of the head/ear area, Aguero walks on and doesn’t react. A second scrote then makes a beeline to him, squares up and says something to which Aguero reacts with a push/punch/swipe with the back of the hand. I think the spitting comes after that.

The fact they shouldn’t have been on the pitch is the factor here. Didn’t hear anyone saying Brian Clough should have got banned when he gave some pitch invaders a coue of real slaps.
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 12:35am

Didn’t hear anyone saying Brian Clough should have got banned when he gave some pitch invaders a coue of real slaps.

Except Clough was banned and fined for hitting those fans. He received what was a record fine at the time and about 3 months sideline ban in the league.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2018 at 6:34am
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

Didn’t hear anyone saying Brian Clough should have got banned when he gave some pitch invaders a coue of real slaps.

Except Clough was banned and fined for hitting those fans. He received what was a record fine at the time and about 3 months sideline ban in the league.

Owned

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 225226227228229 509>
  Share Topic