Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 1:57pm

I think two clubs are battling it out for 2nd place in the league at 2 o clock.

Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:09pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Aguero got studs in his knee in the early minutes from the right back Byrne and there was no card

Will be tough now. The defence has looked very slow tonight, Wigan will score

https://twitter.com/toptackles/status/965693502305783809

This is the one I was talking about.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 20 Feb 2018 at 2:10pm
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:10pm
might head out for scoops and watch this
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:27pm

Aguero got studs in his knee in the early minutes from the right back Byrne and there was no card

Will be tough now. The defence has looked very slow tonight, Wigan will score

https://twitter.com/toptackles/status/965693502305783809

This is the one I was talking about.

That's an interesting one. That used to be a decent tackle back in the day as the defender got the ball first. It's no longer acceptable though as he appears to be out of control and his high studs were defo reckless. 
The trick used to be to lunge to win the ball with the lead leg and then put your body weight on your following leg and allow your momentum to clean out the opposing player.  
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:31pm
He's high and reckless with the follow through. Hard to believe the ref is yards away, gives a free but not even a yellow.
Hence why I said rather tongue in cheek, sparking all sorts of melodramas around here, that had the Delph tackle been done on a City player rather than by a City player, its the only time that it wouldn't have been given as a red.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 2:44pm

Defo at least a yellow alright. If Aguero didn't get his feet off the ground in time then he would have been properly milled out of it. 
El Puto Amo
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:02pm
I don't see anything wrong with that challenge at all. That shouldn't have been a free-kick.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:03pm
Aguero alleges that the Wigan fan spat at him and said "suck my dick"

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with that challenge at all. That shouldn't have been a free-kick.

LOL Put your rod away and go back to 1975 there

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:04pm

Aguero alleges that the Wigan fan spat at him and said "suck my dick"

Was Aguero chasing him to obey this command then?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:05pm

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

LOL Put your rod away and go back to 1975 there

No rod at all, slide tackles are still allowed.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:08pm

you're in a spiteful mood today

do you reckon wigan have perhaps shown the way for other PL teams on how to counteract citeh's gameplan? and if there could be a few more bumps in the run-in to their title?

think pep needs to be given a ban this time round, or at least a fine of some sort. this confrontational behaviour is grand if it was an level playing field for all managers, but the fact that wenger and mourinho would be walking themselves into a stadium ban for that, pep seems to be able to flutter his eyelashes and get away with it all
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:10pm
Pep didn't do anything!What should he be banned for?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:10pm
No one is disputing that .
If you follow through on a slide tackle with the studs up on both feet, one at ankle height and the other at knee height making contact with both, I'm pretty sure that comes under the reckless and endangering an opponent category. Possible even in the "out of control" bracket also.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:15pm

"Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force and endangering the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play. Advantage should not be applied in situations involving serious foul play unless there is a clear subsequent opportunity to score a goal. The referee must send off the player guilty of serious foul play when the ball is next out of play"
El Puto Amo
Reildogg View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reildogg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by alihau41 alihau41 wrote:

do you reckon wigan have perhaps shown the way for other PL teams on how to counteract citeh's gameplan? and if there could be a few more bumps in the run-in to their title?

I thought West Brom had given the blue print in October when losing by an odd goal?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:16pm

Yet again, I apologise for having a sense of humour. Wacko

Possibly.
But so did Bristol City and Wolves earlier in the season in many ways.

The question should be, do you think the next time Mourinho, as City's nearest challenger at present, comes to play them is he going to set up any differently to what he has done the previous 3 times in the league?

think pep needs to be given a ban this time round, or at least a fine of some sort. this confrontational behaviour is grand if it was an level playing field for all managers, but the fact that wenger and mourinho would be walking themselves into a stadium ban for that, pep seems to be able to flutter his eyelashes and get away with it all

Probably so. Couldn't complain if he gets some sort of a ban. Don't think it makes much difference anyway whether the manager is in the stands, on the touchline, or in a laundry basket in the dressing room. Tired of the whole poor Jose complex though that gets trotted out constantly.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2018 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Reildogg Reildogg wrote:

I thought West Brom had given the blue print in October when losing by an odd goal?

LOL

Very true. Been hearing this for 4 months now, and they're extending their lead week by week. So the answer is probably No

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 509>
  Share Topic