Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 509>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:41pm
So your better idea is for journalists only?

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:48pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

So your better idea is for journalists only?
Well obviously journalists are far better qualified for such a job. How is that even a discussion? Do you think yourself that national captains and managers should be involved in such a process? It gives the whole award little credibility imo. I know they've split the ballon D'Or and FIFA World player of the year recently, so maybe the B'allon D'Or award has steered clear ofsome of this nonsense.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:18pm
No I don't, how many premier league journalists actually watch football other that that of the greatest league in the world? Can they fairly vote if they are busy watching all the games from the league they are paid to report on?

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:30pm

City three up in the 1st half. Pep must have cracked out his own personal stash of drugs for the lads tonight

Edited by MC Hammered - 13 Feb 2018 at 8:31pm
El Puto Amo
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:42pm
Paul Merson said before the game that Man City are in a different league than Basel.

I mean like, he is right. They do play in 2 different leagues LOL
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:43pm

No I don't, how many premier league journalists actually watch football other that that of the greatest league in the world? Can they fairly vote if they are busy watching all the games from the league they are paid to report on?
So journalists wouldn't be fair, yet you think that players voting for team mates, or players voting having barely watched or never played against the players they are voting for makes sense? Give over will ya. You're just being deliberately obtuse.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:45pm
Really is a dream tie for them considering their upcoming schedule. It's really falling for them in their chase for the 4 trophies. Tag 1 or 2 more goals on here and they could play a whole reserve side in the 2nd leg if anyone is weary at that stage of the season.
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

So journalists wouldn't be fair, yet you think that players voting for team mates, or players voting having barely watched or never played against the players they are voting for makes sense? Give over will ya. You're just being deliberately obtuse.
Moleman, Sir Alex is a journalist, Eamon Dunphy, Roy Curtis, many other gobsh*tes also.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:51pm
I'm not disputing there are terrible journos out there. Of course there is. That doesn't make journalists less well placed in general than players or coaches to decide on such awards. The current voting system for the B'allon D'Or is nonsense. Players and coaches should have no say, or at at a minimum there should be restrictions in place ( like you can't vote for a current international or club mate). It's farcical that such restrictions aren't in place and makes a mockery of the whole award.
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Journalists on their own wouldn't be fair, which is why a combination of journos, players and coaches makes more sense

Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 8:58pm
Man city have now scored 111 goals this season.    
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:01pm
Basel beat man Utd 1 nil ....city go and blow Basel away ......footballs a funny old game!!!
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:06pm
Good to be able to take De Bruyne off for a rest
And not a bad sub to bring on for him either
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Good to be able to take De Bruyne off for a rest
And not a bad sub to bring on for him either
They really couldn't be in a better position in the CL and PL now in terms of rotation and keeping guys fresh. Unbelievable opportunity for them to make real history.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 9:59pm
Aguero 14 goals in 11 games in 2018.
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 11:09pm
Result-wise, it doesn't get much better than that for City. I don't know how Otamendi's foul in the first half wasnt given as a peno.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

This City side are top class & a great to watch. Miles ahead this season but its only one season - they have to do it over the next 3/4/5 years to be classed as the best PL side ever

In modern times a great side will only have a few years life span. This Man City side now and the one in 5 years time will be very different.

Interesting who people think which team dominated the 2010's decade 

70 & 80's - Liverpool were the dominant team
90's & 00 - Man U were the dominant team

However in the 2010's its very open

Chelsea -  3 league titles, 1 Champions league, 1 Europa league, 2 FA cups, 1 league cups
Man City - 3 League titles, 1 FA cup, 2 league cups
Man U -    2 league titles, 1 Europa league, 1 FA cup, 2 league cups

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:48am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Result-wise, it doesn't get much better than that for City. I don't know how Otamendi's foul in the first half wasnt given as a peno.

Was that the barge block? I only saw the highlights and 1 replay and the commentator said it was never a foul I was scratching my head
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 217218219220221 509>
  Share Topic