Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444445446447448 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 5:20pm
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 9:46pm
Champions again in what was a strange season. 
Worst start in 8 years, probably down to the lack of a pre season, and were sitting in 11th or 12th in mid November. I remember when Liverpool went to Palace and won 7-0 in December, I and most others thought they would cruise to the title again. Some were even saying Tottenham could win it for a while. In the space of 5 or 6 weeks City were top and in all realism had it won. 

Different to the other title wins, this isn't a swashbuckling attacking side who put 5s, 6s or 7s past teams, with the likes of Sane, Silva and Aguero on fire like previous seasons. The team was rebuilt so that it actually plays best with no strikers on the pitch. 

The Dias signing was massive as was the resurgence of John Stones. I recall many games this season were City would score and then be content with sitting back, preserving energy in what was an unforgiving fixture list for all clubs and seeing out the win comfortably. Pep said in an interview midway through the season that they are running less in games this season for that reason. When you had the defence to rely on it could be done. 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 11 May 2021 at 9:46pm
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:22pm
Well done to City, obviously best team this season.

Agreed strange one and City probably wont reach 90 points compared to last 3 seasons with City and Liverpool hitting record numbers.

I think next season could be a cracker.

Enjoy Baggio.

Dont agree with City as a ‘club’ but cannot help but admire what happens on the pitch which I always do as a football fan.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:30pm
Yeah the number of points that City and Liverpool have amassed in recent seasons was never gonna be done this year in the condensed season
Every club had its fair share of shock results 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Worst start in 8 years, probably down to the lack of a pre season, and were sitting in 11th or 12th in mid November. I remember when Liverpool went to Palace and won 7-0 in December, I and most others thought they would cruise to the title again. Some were even saying Tottenham could win it for a while. In the space of 5 or 6 weeks City were top and in all realism had it won. 

Different to the other title wins, this isn't a swashbuckling attacking side who put 5s, 6s or 7s past teams, with the likes of Sane, Silva and Aguero on fire like previous seasons. The team was rebuilt so that it actually plays best with no strikers on the pitch. 

The Dias signing was massive as was the resurgence of John Stones. I recall many games this season were City would score and then be content with sitting back, preserving energy in what was an unforgiving fixture list for all clubs and seeing out the win comfortably. Pep said in an interview midway through the season that they are running less in games this season for that reason. When you had the defence to rely on it could be done. 

I think this current team is the best peps “produced “since he’s been at the club.city still have the odd moment that would have you jumping behind the sofa during games but this side is the most solid of pep rein.Dias,gundogan,KDB,foden,marhez the list goes on and on of consistent high performances all season....hopefully the icing on the cake is the champions league.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:54am

You were only mocking the SkySports pundits for writing City off at this point earlier in this thread!

In all seriousness I thought it was Spurs' season, Kane and Son were beyond anyone else at that point.
Then everyone else including Spurs decided to be sh*t from then on.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 6:39am
It was some turnaround in fairness.
They lost to Spurs and Leicester and drew with Leeds and West Brom in the first 7/8 games. They didn’t look like champions.

But I think they beat Chelsea away and that give them confident to go on and win something like 20 games in a row in all competitions. 

This was a league won on defence rather than scoring 100 plus goals.

Whatever they are paying Pep he is worth it. Over the last 5 years:
3 PL titles 
4 league cups
1 FA cup 
1 champions league final *

Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

In all seriousness I thought it was Spurs' season, Kane and Son were beyond anyone else at that point.
Then everyone else including Spurs decided to be sh*t from then on.

It's a bit like vaccination - it needs a while before it takes full effect.

Only Mourinho was injecting them with the virus, not the vaccine.

Edited by Territorial - 12 May 2021 at 2:20pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:30pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 2:11pm
What a great guy Clap
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

What a great guy Clap
LOLLOL
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:45pm
Could be quite a few exits this summer if the Athletic are to be believed 

Sterling, Jesus, Laporte and Cancelo are among those unhappy at limited game time and would leave. Whether anyone can afford them in the current market is another thing 

I’d imagine Mendy would be for sale too if anyone wanted him 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 12:06am

Could be quite a few exits this summer if the Athletic are to be believed 

Sterling, Jesus, Laporte and Cancelo are among those unhappy at limited game time and would leave. Whether anyone can afford them in the current market is another thing 

I’d imagine Mendy would be for sale too if anyone wanted him 

All 4/5 could be used as bait for swapping....Jesus/Laporte for Kane?ive seen reports that Ramos is on the wish list which would spell the end of Laporte or ake 
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 6:31pm
City have made a bid of One Hundred Million Pounds for Harry ‘not a captain ‘ Kane..according to SkySports.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 9:56pm
Probably get Lukaku for £75m
I'd rather see him in a City shirt
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 10:33pm

No way is Pep signing someone who can control the ball further than he is able to kick it. 
El Puto Amo
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

No way is Pep signing someone who can control the ball further than he is able to kick it. 

His touch has improved drastically.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2021 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Control or no, 47 goals in 72 league games for the team which finished 2nd, then 1st, in Serie A is not to be sniffed at. And 63 goals in 96 internationals is none too shabby, either.

And having just turned 28 last month, his best five years are likely ahead of him.

As you may have guessed, I'm a huge fan of Harry Kane, but £75m for Lukaku vs. £100m+ for Kane?

Were I objective, I think I'd go for the big Belgian.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 444445446447448 509>
  Share Topic