Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:48am
Two questions with the team tonight will be Stones or Laporte at centre half, and Zinchenko or Cancelo at left back. 
He'll not play a back four of all right footers so I'd say it'll be Stones and Zinchenko

Stones has been poor recently, could see him making another mistake if he starts

Sponsored Links

MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Two questions with the team tonight will be Stones or Laporte at centre half, and Zinchenko or Cancelo at left back. 
He'll not play a back four of all right footers so I'd say it'll be Stones and Zinchenko

Stones has been poor recently, could see him making another mistake if he starts

After Stones making those recent clangers, Pep will defo start him. He loves defying conventional wisdom and taking the more maverick option. It's prob why I sort of fancy him in as much as a heterosexual man can fancy another fella. 

comb.io - You Only Move Twice
El Puto Amo
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 7:16pm
That’s City strongest team IMO.

Some bench too - Laporte, Sterling, Aguero, Fernandinho, Jesus

Mbappe does start.

I think city win tonight by a single goal. Maybe 2-1

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 11:43pm
cancelo poor tonight...zincenko was far better when he came on.a game of two half’s,lucky to get of the pitch just letting 1 in in the first half.second half unbelievable...big game next week.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 11:45pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

cancelo poor tonight...zincenko was far better when he came on.a game of two half’s,lucky to get of the pitch just letting 1 in in the first half.second half unbelievable...big game next week.

Agree with all that

11 changes at Palace on Saturday hopefully 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 11:47pm

Agree with all that

yep...would gladly take a hit against palace...thought gundogan was unreal tonight,as was Dias and Silva.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 11:58pm
Should have got a third tonight in the 15 or so minutes that they had ten men I think, the only negative 
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 6:38am

yep...would gladly take a hit against palace...thought gundogan was unreal tonight,as was Dias and Silva.

Agree on those 3 players. Thought de Bruyne was poor, lost the ball a lot.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 8:49am

Agree with all that

This
City and PSG put in a shift last night.

PSG have a must win game on sat against Lens.
City can rest everybody and be fresh for next Tuesday.

They will never get a better chance than this.

It’s the same for the final, pep can rest his players as the league is won whereas Real are fighting for the league and Chelsea have top 4 and FA cup final in between.

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:16am

That match really lived up to the old cliche of a game of two halves. City were much improved after the break but they really did get lucky. That's something that hasnt been with them in recent CL campaigns. I think the 2nd leg will be a cracker. PSG will likely come out all guns blazing and it's unlikely that City will sit in and just look to counter them. 
El Puto Amo
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

That’s City strongest team IMO.

Some bench too - Laporte, Sterling, Aguero, Fernandinho, Jesus

Mbappe does start.

I think city win tonight by a single goal. Maybe 2-1

Good call Thumbs Up
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:29am
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

That match really lived up to the old cliche of a game of two halves. City were much improved after the break but they really did get lucky. That's something that hasnt been with them in recent CL campaigns. I think the 2nd leg will be a cracker. PSG will likely come out all guns blazing and it's unlikely that City will sit in and just look to counter them. 

Their second half performance was such that I got the feeling they were always going to score no matter how it came. PSG imploded a bit in the second half with their front 2 starved of possession and not running as much. Their full backs were turned inside out in the second half after looking strong first half

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:44am

It shocked me a bit when the commentator mentioned that Mbappe is 22 and Dias is 23. 
For a defender that is incredibly young to be at that level. He is superb. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 9:54am
Player of the Year?
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 10:03am

Player of the Year?

I have a bet on Diaz at 8/1 a few months back. 

Can’t believe Fernandez is still the fav when Kane has better stats that him. 

If Man City win the champions league he has to win it. 

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 11:50pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Their second half performance was such that I got the feeling they were always going to score no matter how it came. PSG imploded a bit in the second half with their front 2 starved of possession and not running as much. Their full backs were turned inside out in the second half after looking strong first half

The psg left back is a weak link...I suppose looking back on the game now there was no way psg could maintain that level of performance for 90mins.they could be still shell shocked by city and somewhat roll over or come out all guns blazing....makes for a great game.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 11:51pm

Player of the Year?

Could be a bit soon for him...gundogan for me.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2021 at 10:29pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Cancelo scores a great goal the same day Kyle Walker shows what a pathetic footballer he is.

I wish I was that pathetic at football
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 509>
  Share Topic