Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 441442443444445 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by gazurtoids gazurtoids wrote:

As a Leeds fan I don't don't I'd be biased in saying that was one of the worst refereeing displays I've ever seen.......borderline corrupt

Agree, not even reviewing the clear Stones penalty Wink
Sponsored Links

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 3:04pm
Goodness last time i was that shocked at a result was at the Bridge last week 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 4:03pm
Pep said a month ago that Leeds was the worst possible fixture in between two CL games
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Pep said a month ago that Leeds was the worst possible fixture in between two CL games

He was hardly going to come out and say that’s a great fixture! 

The leagues over anyway. 3 more wins will do it. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 6:51pm
He could have said nothing

Agree, the leagues been over for months 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

If Rodri put in a second half performance like Fernandinho I would expect a 1000 word essay on how poor he is from JB.

Ferindino has performed from game 1 of his 300 odd for the club....rodri hasn’t done much to raise an eyebrow in his 80 odd appearances.I’m sure we can forgive ferindino an average 45mins Wink
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:02am
Being moved to centre back in the second half today wasn’t the smartest move
Thought we’d seen the last of him there last season 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2021 at 12:25am

Being moved to centre back in the second half today wasn’t the smartest move
Thought we’d seen the last of him there last season 

Laporte injured?
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2021 at 11:58pm
did what he to be done to get through tonight.....thought both full backs for city were average enough and gave away a lot of the ball.KDB and foden were brilliant,along with Dias at the back.in fairness stone and Dias gave haaland 1 shot over the two legs and if you had to pick a Dortmund player it would of been Bellingham and not haaland.

Just can’t see city beaten psg...if psg turn it on they could blow city away.city should of had tonight’s tie over and done with in the first leg and it’s that lack of putting teams away when they are one top will ultimately do them.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:00am
Zinchenko was very wasteful and gave away possession in some bad areas tonight 
Stones and Dias were both poor for the goal, aside from that they were spot on

I think City could lack a bit of a killer instinct up front against PSG, which they certainly don’t lack 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:05am

Zinchenko was very wasteful and gave away possession in some bad areas tonight 
Stones and Dias were both poor for the goal, aside from that they were spot on

I think City could lack a bit of a killer instinct up front against PSG, which they certainly don’t lack 

Yeah...city will need their starting line up over both the psg ties to play unbelievable to get through.

Though Dias was rock soild....stones was ok but can you imagine what neymar would do squared up to zinchenko or mbappe one on one with stones with space to run into.....city have had a lot of luck in this campaign...they’ll need some more against psg.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:18am
I think the lack of a top quality striker will take its toll eventually on City in this competition

In this tie, both legs, I thought Citys best chances came from pressing Dortmund in midfield and defence and nicking the ball off them. There was no real razor sharp, cutting them open football. 
They won’t have that joy against every team. Sadly Emre Can won’t be in the oppositions side in the next round 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 15 Apr 2021 at 12:18am
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2021 at 12:35am

I think the lack of a top quality striker will take its toll eventually on City in this competition

In this tie, both legs, I thought Citys best chances came from pressing Dortmund in midfield and defence and nicking the ball off them. There was no real razor sharp, cutting them open football. 
They won’t have that joy against every team. Sadly Emre Can won’t be in the oppositions side in the next round 

Only thing is psg do give up chances....only thing is city don’t punish enough of the chances teams give up to them.

I’d like to see pep change it up a little attacking wise(not change players but way we play) I think at this stage of the competition the way we play is to easy to read at that level.

Plus foden,KDB and maybe gundogan should of been taken off tonight for the last 30mins or so....Chelsea in the cup semi final Saturday and you’d imagine there’ll be a lot of changes but some of the main players playing....pep does have a tendency to flog the in form players a bit.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2021 at 10:49am
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm
Red card for Stones, misses league cup final.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 10:14pm
He's been poor since that Poland game for England, maybe time for Laporte to get a run in the team anyway. 

Clear red card don't know what Pep was complaining about, especially after a Leeds player was sent off for a similarly high challenge a few weeks ago against City

Big win. Foden is some player, ran the game
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:00pm

He's been poor since that Poland game for England, maybe time for Laporte to get a run in the team anyway. 

Clear red card don't know what Pep was complaining about, especially after a Leeds player was sent off for a similarly high challenge a few weeks ago against City

Big win. Foden is some player, ran the game

I don’t think it was a sending off..definitely a yellow.think pep was saying it was the side of stones foot that caught him and a sending off would be more open foot/studs in.

Played well,never had to get out of second gear...foden unreal and even rodri played well.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 11:05pm
Rodri’s played well all season 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 441442443444445 509>
  Share Topic