Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 440441442443444 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Great player.
My second fav City player of last 10 years.
Oh Georgeous, you tease!
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2021 at 11:23pm
Some pass from KDB
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:23am
strange game tonight....at one stage should of been 3-0 up but Dortmund were never really out of the game and 1-1 would of been fair result in a way.city looked comfortable for long periods but had a couple of shaky moments....rodri losing the ball on edge of box,Bellingham’s good goal disallowed,haaland should of scored plus one or two others mentioned city got away lightly with the win.

I’m still not convinced city can win this trophy....you need to kill teams off when you get the chance and city in the latter stages of this competition find that hard to do,a bettter side would of killed us off tonight.plus rodri doesn’t give city enough defensive protection and he loses the ball in some really bad areas....if city do get through to next round .....I can’t see them going any further than the semis
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:47am
It was a tough game and could have gone either way. All the talk that City would blow this team away was rubbish, they're a very good side. 
It could go either way next week, I think City have a bit of a confidence issue when they reach this stage of the competition and like you I'm not convinced they can win this trophy. If they do get through and play Bayern that'll be another step up in terms of opposition quality. 

In recent months City have been able to control games, concede very few chances and not look troubled at all. They weren't able to do that last night which worries me for the second leg. They pressed Rodri well and he gave up possession a few times. He's improved this season and looked good overall but wasn't last night. 

De Bruyne was different class again. I see he's signed a new contract extension until 2025 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 07 Apr 2021 at 10:48am
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 12:24am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

It was a tough game and could have gone either way. All the talk that City would blow this team away was rubbish, they're a very good side. 
It could go either way next week, I think City have a bit of a confidence issue when they reach this stage of the competition and like you I'm not convinced they can win this trophy. If they do get through and play Bayern that'll be another step up in terms of opposition quality. 

In recent months City have been able to control games, concede very few chances and not look troubled at all. They weren't able to do that last night which worries me for the second leg. They pressed Rodri well and he gave up possession a few times. He's improved this season and looked good overall but wasn't last night. 

De Bruyne was different class again. I see he's signed a new contract extension until 2025 

I just don’t think we have that killer instinct to win it and give up way too many chances.I’m praying psg get through because I think city would have a chance against them....if city played like last night against that Bayern team tonight then forget it.

I know keep banging on about rodri but f**k me for 60 million I expect better...you never see him actually tackle a player and win the ball back..in fact he never seems to tackle at all,no sliding tackles,last ditch,big physical or dirty tackles...nothing.plus he’s forever turning away from going forward with the ball...it’s always side ways or back,I’d play ferindino in the rest of the European games.

KDB was unreal last night,getting him for an extra two years is a great bit of business by the club...plus I thought foden was brilliant aswell.I was a little concerned to see Dias floored by haaland but stones and him kept him quite enough....I’d take mbappe over haaland all day though.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 9:02am
I reckon you’re the only one who keeps banging on about Rodri JB! He’s had a very good season.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2021 at 11:44pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I reckon you’re the only one who keeps banging on about Rodri JB! He’s had a very good season.

Maybe....but(to me anyway) he’s the weakest link in the city team if he starts....he’s going to have to up his game against Dortmund in the second leg and I think psg/Bayern will expose him.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:55pm
Hard to believe Fernandinho is 36, watching him here

He'd start for any other EPL club. Wasted a year last year playing him at centre half
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 12:59pm

Hard to believe Fernandinho is 36, watching him here

He'd start for any other EPL club. Wasted a year last year playing him at centre half

He’s great. I love watching his body shape receiving the ball. Also the way he makes space by faking a pass. Busquets does it brilliantly too. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:19pm
Cooper sent off for Leeds after a VAR review there. 

Ten mins ago Stones was dragged down in the box and there was no VAR review. Its things like that that make me wonder could they just not be bothered with checking things at times. Quiet game, not much at stake, we'll let that one go. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:25pm

Cooper v unlucky. Admittedly he was a bit reckless but he got all the ball and there was minimal contact. The VAR slow mo is a killer though, it makes any sort of challenge look sinister. 
El Puto Amo
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:26pm
Peter Walton after watching a few replays and Cooper is booked - correct decision by the ref
Peter Walton when the ref goes to the screen and changes it to a red - also correct decision by the ref

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Apr 2021 at 1:27pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Cooper v unlucky. Admittedly he was a bit reckless but he got all the ball and there was minimal contact. The VAR slow mo is a killer though, it makes any sort of challenge look sinister. 

Its the follow through that does him. I'm not convinced it was definitely a red either but its on the borderline. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 1:33pm

Originally posted by MC Hammered MC Hammered wrote:

Its the follow through that does him. I'm not convinced it was definitely a red either but its on the borderline. 

That’s prob fair enough.
El Puto Amo
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:23pm
Jesus and Sterling are City’s weak links.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:25pm
sh*te performance
None of those not in the first choice XI did anything to stake a claim 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:27pm
If Rodri put in a second half performance like Fernandinho I would expect a 1000 word essay on how poor he is from JB.

Edited by BrendanD88 - 10 Apr 2021 at 2:31pm
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2021 at 2:42pm
As a Leeds fan I don't don't I'd be biased in saying that was one of the worst refereeing displays I've ever seen.......borderline corrupt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 440441442443444 509>
  Share Topic