You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 509>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Yeah Cancelo had his worst game of the season today 

Cancelo's great at moving infield and playing as another central midfielder, it allows DeBruyne and Gundogan to get forward more. United exploited it tho and attacked don his side a lot, Rashford and Shaw had great games. Walker was brought on to play as a more orthodox LB.

I think utd targeted cancelos defensive weakness alright by going down his side a lot...which also meant he was pinned back and he tired quite quickly.walker should of started with cancelo taking de bruynes spot in midfield.

Yeah Haaland is a player city should go all out for...I can see Agureo going for another season and then he’s gone.I actually think we need two strikers in if agureo goes,I’d love haaland to join and maybe another experienced 2nd/3rd choice striker.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:23pm
This is Citys best XI out tonight on form 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:48pm

This is Citys best XI out tonight on form 

Thought similar when I seen the team sheet, Zinchenko has been good this season so an argument could be made for his inclusion over Walker plus I feel Cancelo is much better at right back.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 8:59pm
Walker's recovery pace is needed in games where you're going to face counter attacks. 
Zinchenko has improved futher this season though
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2021 at 9:13pm
An absolute stroll for city here, gladbach are not up to much at all. Waiting on Phil Foden to score for a nice little bet builder
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 11:50pm
the game last night just showed one thing....city play better with no strikers.😊😊
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 11:30am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

the game last night just showed one thing....city play better with no strikers.😊😊

100%

The best performances this season have come with no striker on the field

Who do you want in the quarters? 
I'd take Porto or Real Madrid as my first picks. Anyone else will be tough 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 9:03pm

100%

There you again, playing down City’s chances and then bragging when they win.

I know City have been sh*te in Europe but this season only one team can match them.

City are a more direct team now, less dependent on tiki-taki.
Stronger defence too.

Everyone will want to avoid them.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 9:39pm
Aye because they've such a great pedigree in the CL, especially at the quarter final stage that i should just be writing that any draw will be easy and not be worried about anyone

Lyon was supposed to be easy 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 Mar 2021 at 9:45pm
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 10:22pm
City had weaknesses that were exploited then.

I cant see any weaknesses with this current team when all are fit.

Edited by Gary McKay - 18 Mar 2021 at 10:22pm
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2021 at 10:36pm

100%

Ah RB I always want to take the easiest team and even then I expect a slip up....I know it’s mad but my years of following city have planted a seed of doubt against any team we play against,it’s in city’s dna to f**k it up.I’m still not fully convinced we can win the CL,there’s a huge difference playing against Bayern,real than steam rolling some prem teams plus Chelsea and Liverpool will put it up city big time.I really want to avoid Chelsea and Bayern.
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 9:24am
Man United beat them very comfortably, it would make me doubt them again to go and win the CL. A jammy win to progress through the 1/4s might just be that bit of luck they need, they didn't have much in the games where they were knocked out by Liverpool and Spurs
It would damage this forums' reputation
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 8:22pm
Aguero is leaving at the end of the season, its confirmed. 

Sad way for these legends to bow out,  the same with Scott Brown. No big send off due to the pandemic 

The last of the 2012 league winners to depart

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 29 Mar 2021 at 8:32pm
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 11:10pm

Sad way for these legends to bow out,  the same with Scott Brown. No big send off due to the pandemic 

Big loss. Great to watch.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 12:41am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

The greatest city player I’ve ever seen and deserves a better send off....you’d wonder with the announcement if they have a replacement already sorted,haaland??
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 6:43am
Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

One of the very best strikers in the EPL.

Is he leaving on good terms? Even if City signed another striker surely they still have room for Aguero given that they go for all four competitions. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 3:02pm
I would say money has come into it. He'd be among the top earners and would be on around 250k per week, a lot to pay for someone who has had injury and fitness problems and has looked past his best when he has played this season. Probably best for all parties for him to move on after a brilliant 10 years at the club
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2021 at 7:47pm
Great player.
My second fav City player of last 10 years.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 439440441442443 509>
  Share Topic