Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 436437438439440 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:18pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Keane and a few others wrote City off

I don't hear much from Giles anymore. Listened to his podcast with Dunphy once in recent months a few weeks ago where they were discussing the United v Liverpool game. He kept calling Firmino "For Mane" and oddly said yeah City are going well but haven't played any of the big boys yet, despite the league being at the halfway point

Type in Supreme Architect on youtube and you will get the Dunphy/Giles weekly podcasts. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:21pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Giles had completely City wrote off at the start of the season LOL

It does baffle me when ex-players that played the game at the highest level could still come out with daft predictions in that they would write off a team like City even at the start of the season. Didn't Keane write City off a few months back?

For me at the start of this season and the last few really, It was either City or Liverpool for the title and Chelsea arguably being the most capable of catching them or closing the gap. 

Going into next season, City/Liverpool will be the favourites but unless Chelsea can have a strong finish to the rest of this season, there will be that substantial gap of the first two with United/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal and Leicester for the 3rd/4th positions. 

Keane said at one stage that city won’t be up with the likes of Spurs ha ha !! 
AKA pedantic kunt
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Can't exactly knock someone for having a prediction based on the current circumstances.

If they said the same Liverpool who won the league by over 20 points will be 6th after 25 games and at the same time the same West Ham side who have flirted with bottom of the league for seasons will be in contention for 2nd place, you'd not only sack them but wheel them off to the nearest mental asylum.

I understand that to a degree but no reasonable barstooler EPL fan like myself Wink and a lot on here would seriously predict that City would have no chance for the league or not be anywhere near challenging at the start of the season or in the opening months.

West Ham's excellent results this season couldn't be predicted as easily as City's given expectations are completely different. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:37pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2021 at 8:46am
TBF if you look at City’s record after 13 games they didn’t look like champions.
W6  D5  L2   This was around mid December 

Liverpool had just beaten Spurs and palace 7-0 and looked like they would score enough goals to win the league.

It’s been crazy since then ... City win 11 in a row and everybody else can’t put 3 wins together. 

Another domestic treble looks a real possibility now.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Yes City not as dynamic and stylish as before.

Pool will improve when all players fit, not sure if City will.

Far off the team they were two years ago.

Hmmmmmm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by sid waddell sid waddell wrote:

Man Chity need leaders and Pep doesn't like signing leaders, because he's the leader

His leaders have generally been inherited - Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Lahm, Muller, Kompany, De Bruyne

Xabi Alonso is the only player with real authority that comes to mind in terms of players he's signed

Himself and Zlatan didn't get on

Sane and now Bernardo Silver have gotten the cold shoulder because they showed signs of having minds of their own

Pep needs to chill out, he needs to go and listen to The Doors or something, otherwise he'll be heading for the door

He signed a great one in Ruben Dias in the summer. 
What a partnership him and Stones currently have
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:30pm

Nowhere near it 
Haven’t improved the squad at all and will finish a similar number of points behind Liverpool again this season
For Liverpool to be 9/4 second favorites a few weeks ago was stealing money 

I suppose they’ll have City installed as CL favourites again 

While we're at it.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:34pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Nowhere near it 
Haven’t improved the squad at all and will finish a similar number of points behind Liverpool again this season
For Liverpool to be 9/4 second favorites a few weeks ago was stealing money 

I suppose they’ll have City installed as CL favourites again 

While we're at it.

LOLClap
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:35pm
All joking aside, what a joy this City side and to say they've been flawless the last number of months is understatement.

Really think this is their year to win the CL.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:47pm
Dias is a very good player alright

The last two seasons have shown that teams still have to be built above all on a solid defence

MTK didn't have that last season, Liverpool did, and this season it's the reverse

Liverpool lost the title the moment that Pickford demolished van Dijk's knee

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:49pm
It’s been some turnaround since the early weeks of the season

One of the podcasts I listen to were saying around November and December that they believed Pep was using those games to get his defence sorted out and wasn’t that bothered about the performances around then. 
Get a platform to build from and then tinker the attack and get it firing

Interesting him saying a few times now that the difference in this City team and others is when they’re in possession he tells them to run less and hold their positions more
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 7:58pm

The last two seasons have shown that teams still have to be built above all on a solid defence

MTK didn't have that last season, Liverpool did, and this season it's the reverse

The mentality monsters could cope with anything though and weren’t a one man team we heard though 

In hindsight the writing was on the wall even when Van Dijk and Gomez were in the team, losing 7-2 at Villa Park

They’ve been off form for a year now. Watford, Atletico, Chelsea in fa cup, city after restart, villa etc 

When Roy Keane said they were “sloppy” in a 3-1 win over Arsenal early in the season he got ridiculed out of it by Klopp 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 21 Feb 2021 at 8:01pm
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 8:21pm

The mentality monsters could cope with anything though and weren’t a one man team we heard though 

In hindsight the writing was on the wall even when Van Dijk and Gomez were in the team, losing 7-2 at Villa Park

They’ve been off form for a year now. Watford, Atletico, Chelsea in fa cup, city after restart, villa etc 

When Roy Keane said they were “sloppy” in a 3-1 win over Arsenal early in the season he got ridiculed out of it by Klopp 

Sure van Dijk, Gomez and Matip have all been out for most of the season

Early season form while winning means little anyway, freak results can always happen

Liverpool were still top at Christmas

No way would the collapse have happened with those three fit

They mightn't have won the title, but they'd likely be firmly in contention
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 2021 at 11:41pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

All joking aside, what a joy this City side and to say they've been flawless the last number of months is understatement.

Really think this is their year to win the CL.

It’s probably the city side I’ve enjoyed the most watching.I think their an all round better side than even the 2017/18 team....this side are ruthless at the back and can move so fast up the pitch into attack it’s brilliant to watch.today they never had to get out of 2nd gear and you feel if they wanted to or went behind they could easily quicken the tempo and score goals.I didn’t think we’d see a kompany type leader again at the club...but Dias has the potential to be better than kompany.....he’s so good he’s even turned John stones career around.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 7:19am
Fernandinho is just a master of disruptive, cynical fouls. Was at it all game and didn't get booked.

It's an art form.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 8:18am
Originally posted by The Huntacha The Huntacha wrote:

Fernandinho is just a master of disruptive, cynical fouls. Was at it all game and didn't get booked.

It's an art form.
cheating and getting away with it - really should be the club motto.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 8:56am
According to official stats from the game he committed 1 foul

Bunch of drama queens 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 436437438439440 509>
  Share Topic