Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 428429430431432 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 10:12pm
The City of a few years ago would have won that game 6 or 7 nil tonight
Sane, Silva, De Bruyne, Aguero, Sterling, Fernandinho at their best
That's a pale shadow of that team at the minute.

You aren't gonna get near winning a league if you can't beat West Brom, West Ham, Leeds......
Sponsored Links

JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 12:20am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

You aren't gonna get near winning a league if you can't beat West Brom, West Ham, Leeds......

The spark is gone...in pep and the squad...sterling,KDB,Jesus all very average tonight.rodri isn’t good enough,he just slows down the play and isn’t creative enough.ive being saying it for two seasons now that we need a new striker and how a manager of peps quality can’t see that is beyond me..I just don’t think he gives a f**k now.i wouldn’t lose any sleep if he left tomorrow...he’ll go down in history as one of the clubs greatest managers but he’s becoming a one trick pony now.ive a feeling Messi will come next year on a one year deal and the two of them will ride off into the sunset together...oh the joys!!!
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 12:44am
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

I just don’t think [Pep] gives a f**k now.i wouldn’t lose any sleep if he left tomorrow
Really?

When it all got too intense at Barca, he took a year off from management completely.

Meaning that he could do the same right now were he similarly tired/frustrated/worn down etc (he's a v.wealthy man after all). At the end of which he could easily walk into his pick of jobs anywhere in the world.

Yet he's just added two years to his contract, to take him to summer 2023 (making 7 years at City).

Doesn't seem like the action of someone who no longer "gives a f**k", does it? Confused
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:31am

Hummm you need a game against Burnley RB as that always puts on a 5 star show for City .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 10:08am
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

I just don’t think [Pep] gives a f**k now.i wouldn’t lose any sleep if he left tomorrow
Really?
I thought he was gonna get sent off last night for arguing with the 4th official, certainly looked like he gave a f**k.

His lack of subs is bizzare though.
2 last night
1 v MU
0 V Fulham

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 1:17pm
Man City just seem to have lost that cutting edge.
Pep will always be motivated but I think he/the club have failed in the transfer market the last few years.

With Aguero’s injuries and the number of games they play another forward is needed.
They have not replaced Sane / D Silvia / Fernandinho / Kompany with similar standard players

Each summer they needed to make 1-2 big signings but they never happened. 
They still have a fantastic squad but the first team needs improving. 

Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Man City just seem to have lost that cutting edge.
Pep will always be motivated but I think he/the club have failed in the transfer market the last few years.

With Aguero’s injuries and the number of games they play another forward is needed.
They have not replaced Sane / D Silvia / Fernandinho / Kompany with similar standard players

Each summer they needed to make 1-2 big signings but they never happened. 
They still have a fantastic squad but the first team needs improving. 
5 years ago they had so many players in their prime and dominating leagues, it was tough to attract players in early 20's to strengthen. So now that those players are getting old, they don't seem to have a group of players in their mid-20's to take over from Silva, Aguero, Walker, Fenandino

None of these lads you'd think are ready to step up to that Champions League winning quality (would any even get in Liverpools team)
Zinchenko, Rodri - 24
Ake - 25
Bernardo, Mendy, Stones - 26

Sterling and Laporte probably the only top class players in their prime.

They are beginning to start again with very young lads but it'll take time to develop, Garcia, Foden, Torres - all under 20. Then you have  Dias and Jesus at 23 but they still need to develop if they're gonna be top quality
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 2:41pm
WTF has happened Bernardo Silva as a player, is a mystery. 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

5 years ago they had so many players in their prime and dominating leagues, it was tough to attract players in early 20's to strengthen....

... They are beginning to start again with very young lads but it'll take time to develop, Garcia, Foden, Torres - all under 20.

Seems to be a clear strategy:

December 8 –

"Real Madrid head a ranking of big-5 league clubs who recruit the youngest players to their squads, with an average age of 22.2 years.

The CIES Football Observatory ranking covers 31 top divisions in Europe looking at club player signings – not including the signing of players graduating from the club’s own youth academies...

Looking at Big 5 league clubs only, the top 20 is dominated by nine German clubs...

In the Big 5 Top 20 Barcelona are the second of two Spanish teams ranked (7th – 23.4). There are five teams from France’s Ligue1, but not PSG. Tottenham Hotspur, Manchester City and Wolverhampton Wanderers make the top 20 from the Premier League."

https://hwww.insideworldfootball.com/2020/12/08/real-madrid-rb-leipzig-focus-youth-new-players-spurs-man-city-make-top-20/

It's interesting that Real Madrid have turned away from signing Galacticos (Hazard the last) and are even discarding those they have (Bale, Ronaldo) and are instead looking to sign younger i.e. cheaper players. Further evidence of the financial difficulties they're in (along with the rest of La Liga).

Meanwhile the Germans are being typically far-thinking.

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 4:30pm
Hopefully they get Messi in the summer.
His contract runs out and City can afford to pay him his current salary - even if he is 34 he will be the best player in the premiership.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 4:36pm
I'd rather get Haaland than another summer long pursuit of a player who's passed his best
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 6:11pm

I'd rather get Haaland than another summer long pursuit of a player who's passed his best

Every. Single. Time.

Shaping up to be the next Ronaldo (the fat one, that is)
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:38pm

Really?

When it all got too intense at Barca, he took a year off from management completely.

Meaning that he could do the same right now were he similarly tired/frustrated/worn down etc (he's a v.wealthy man after all). At the end of which he could easily walk into his pick of jobs anywhere in the world.

Yet he's just added two years to his contract, to take him to summer 2023 (making 7 years at City).

Doesn't seem like the action of someone who no longer "gives a f**k", does it? Confused

Ah right..so signing a mega money deal for two more seasons actually means he’s interested?....more like good business sense to me.he might of been animated last night on the touchline but most of his post match interviews have been dull and he’s looked seriously uninterested...I’m fully convinced his spark at city is gone.

The way pep has city playing now in the premier league is a blueprint for playing in Europe and the champions league.the chance to win the league is gone so it’s like his trying to find his best 11/shape to win the champions league....which if he does this season...he’ll walk away.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 11:40pm

100%....it could be one of guardiolas greatest legacy’s if he got haaland o sign.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 4:05pm

Really?

Ah right..so signing a mega money deal for two more seasons actually means he’s interested?....more like good business sense to me.

Barca were paying him a king's ransom, but he walked away from that.

... he might of been animated last night on the touchline but most of his post match interviews have been dull and he’s looked seriously uninterested...I’m fully convinced his spark at city is gone.
You might be right, but if that were the case, do you not think the hierarchy at City would have picked up on it before us? Yet they still extended his contract.

The way pep has city playing now in the premier league is a blueprint for playing in Europe and the champions league.the chance to win the league is gone so it’s like his trying to find his best 11/shape to win the champions league....which if he does this season...he’ll walk away.
It's not just been this season, he's always been prioritising the CL. This is at the behest of his bosses, who are using City to showcase/sportswash their government etc, and is in contrast eg to Liverpool, for whom winning the PL was their overriding target.

Anyhow, he might walk away if he wins the CL. Or he might try to add a few more CL's, thereby burnishing his credentials as the outstanding Coach of his generation.

Edited by Territorial - 17 Dec 2020 at 4:06pm
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:34pm

The spark is gone...in pep and the squad...sterling,KDB,Jesus all very average tonight.rodri isn’t good enough,he just slows down the play and isn’t creative enough.ive being saying it for two seasons now that we need a new striker and how a manager of peps quality can’t see that is beyond me..I just don’t think he gives a f**k now.
Update:

"Pep Guardiola has revealed he could work longer than initially anticipated after admitting 'experience' has helped him.

The Manchester City boss has previously spoken about a short time in football management with interests away from the game.

But the Spaniard has extended his contract at the Etihad Stadium until 2023, which would take his Premier League stay to seven years and now the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich manager insists retirement is at the back of his mind."

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/manchester-city/pep-guardiola-retirement-transfer-news-b1781648.html

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 6:59pm
That’s more like it. What a performance

Was a bit disappointed at the end it only finished 3-1. 
6-1 would have been a fairer reflection of the game 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 8:56pm
Still Liverpool’s main competition for the title despite numerous flaky contenders over the past month.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 428429430431432 509>
  Share Topic