You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 376377378379380 509>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 2:09pm
Ridiculous to see guys in their 60s throwing punches at each other after the game yesterday. Late ko means too much beer, cops are excellent at policing games over there, Guess they are doing it every week.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2019 at 5:41pm
who was fighting Forza
Rival fans or city fans among themselves 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

City played well, one of those days where nothing went for them. Could have had 2 peno's too.

I can't agree there Horsey
A 4-1 scoreline at half time would have been a fair reflection on the half. Jesus should have scored with a header with City's only clear cut chance in the half and one of the very few in the game.

Every time United countered City looked wide open, with United continuing to have joy when attacking City's left back area. Angelino is poor. Mendy seems to have been ruined by injuries. Zinchenko is the best of a bad bunch of City's left backs, and even he is suspect defensively

It sums up City's season that one of their better performers has been Kyle Walker!

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 09 Dec 2019 at 9:55am
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

City played well, one of those days where nothing went for them. Could have had 2 peno's too.

I can't agree there Horsey
A 4-1 scoreline at half time would have been a fair reflection on the half. Jesus should have scored with a header with City's only clear cut chance in the half and one of the very few in the game.

Every time United countered City looked wide open, with United continuing to have joy when attacking City's left back area. Angelino is poor. Mendy seems to have been ruined by injuries. Zinchenko is the best of a bad bunch of City's left backs, and even he is suspect defensively

It sums up City's season that one of their better performers has been Kyle Walker!

City couldn't have played more into United's hands if they tried - particularly in the first half. It's pretty much a well known fact at this stage that this United side can only really hurt teams on the counter. It's their plan A and as their record against the lesser teams suggests they don't have much in the way of a plan B. City just seemed to be leaving way too much space in behind them - and the lack of Fernandinho's tactical fouling in the midfield meant United almost had free reign to run through without breaking much of a sweat every time they turned City over. They could easily have scored four or five in the first half. Rodri might be a decent midfielder but he's no Fernandinho, that's for sure. In fact you'd have to wonder how many of City's problems would be sorted by Laporte being back and Fernandino playing in his usual role.
forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:17am

who was fighting Forza
Rival fans or city fans among themselves 

Rival I’d say but as usual no colors. Few scuffles on way back into town and a punch up near the train station. Same game last season was not as nasty generally.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:18pm
Fernandinho offers a lot more than simply tactical fouls

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 12:43pm
Jesus not good enough, Aguero was a massive miss.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 1:51pm

Fernandinho offers a lot more than simply tactical fouls

Is that in reference to my post? I never said he did, although they certainly could have done with a few on Saturday! I thought it was pretty clear that Fernandinho offers a whole range of things - he's one of the best all round players in the league after all.
OnTheOneRoad View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OnTheOneRoad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 4:33pm
I think we are in Pep's last season at City - in his own words, he more than nearly any other manager currently at the top level has spoken about the importance of knowing when the right time to leave is, before things get stale. This season, he is likely to go empty-handed (barring the domestic cups possibly, but those aren't adequate trophies for a season at City by this point). The league is surely too far gone now for them to overhaul Liverpool, and i'd doubt their ability to win the Champions League currently. Nearly every European giant would be beating down his door to have him manage them - perhaps one of the Italian heavyweights or PSG could appeal to him at this point to give him the chance to win the Champions League again.
No thank you Turkish......I'm sweet enough
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:48pm
think pep will be gone aswell,factor in the clubs sniffing around arteta too it wouldn't be a bad time for him to move on and let arteta take over.on ferindinho.....I just can't see how he thinks ferindinho is the answer,it may be a move to get Rodri more game time in his so called best position.i really don't think the champions league is actually beyond this city side(God knows city do this arse ways)with 1/2 players back and a few favorable draws reaching the final isn't a big ask....sure look at Liverpool winning it.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:53pm
Pep said last week he’d be open to extending his stay beyond his contract which runs out at the end of the 20/21 season

There’s no way the club get rid of him early to give Arteta the job. It’ll be Peps decision when he goes 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2019 at 11:57pm
I'm not saying the club will get rid of him....I'm saying pep may move on and the club will have a replacement in arteta to take over...I really can't see arteta turning down to many more jobs,unless he's been told he has the city one when pep goes.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 1:47am
The fact that Guardiola hasn't used Fernandinho and Rodri in the midfield together was a big mistake imo. There are issues at CB, there are issues in midfield. Even if Guardiola doesn't trust Stones and Otamendi, which I believe he has totally lost faith in them, with a solid 2 midfield pairing in front of them they'd survive most matches without a scratch on them. He has tried CB combinations, yet he hasn't looked at where there is a massive problem - central midfield.

Just look at the United match. City essentially had no midfield when they lost the ball. It was a free for all and United could attack any which way they liked on the counter. Only for United being a terrible goalscoring side and Walker getting City out of trouble a few times with his pace, a decent side would have scored 4/5.

Guardiola just won't veer from his own possession based philosophy. This notion that they can't still attack and control possession with more stable players in the middle of the side is madness imo. They will continue to drop points as long as he sticks to this setup until Laporte gets back. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 7:37am
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

The fact that Guardiola hasn't used Fernandinho and Rodri in the midfield together was a big mistake imo. There are issues at CB, there are issues in midfield. Even if Guardiola doesn't trust Stones and Otamendi, which I believe he has totally lost faith in them, with a solid 2 midfield pairing in front of them they'd survive most matches without a scratch on them. He has tried CB combinations, yet he hasn't looked at where there is a massive problem - central midfield.

Just look at the United match. City essentially had no midfield when they lost the ball. It was a free for all and United could attack any which way they liked on the counter. Only for United being a terrible goalscoring side and Walker getting City out of trouble a few times with his pace, a decent side would have scored 4/5.

Guardiola just won't veer from his own possession based philosophy. This notion that they can't still attack and control possession with more stable players in the middle of the side is madness imo. They will continue to drop points as long as he sticks to this setup until Laporte gets back. 

A decent would have scored 4/5 LOL

When was the last time City conceded 5 at home?
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 8:54am
I couldn't tell you. I couldn't tell you how long ago City have played as poorly as they did against United either though, so it was probably around that time.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:40am
Would love to see Pep at a place like Arsenal where there's serious work to be done but not bottomless pockets to buy players. Be interesting to see how he'd get on
Some people just deserve a slap
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 9:46am
Depends on the gear he can get.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2019 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Would love to see Pep at a place like Arsenal where there's serious work to be done but not bottomless pockets to buy players. Be interesting to see how he'd get on

I'd love to see Guardiola stick around and try and rebuild a new team at the same club after an unsuccessful season, if that's how this season pans out for City. Like his last season at Barca, I think he will walk after this one. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 376377378379380 509>
  Share Topic