Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 366367368369370 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 10:30am
City have a poor record at Anfield. 

Would you take a draw Baggio? I certainly would LOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Take out the keeper, best centre half, first choice defensive midfielder and captain from any team and they'd struggle
That defence could get torn apart on Sunday, more so now if Ederson is out

He hasn’t looked great this season ederson. Haven’t seen Bravo in years, he was always a bit shaky, but don’t think it will be the difference.

4/1 -1 handicap for Liverpool is a decent bet, but never like to back pool. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:21am
Definitely

They haven't won there since a Nicolas Anelka goal under Kevin Keegans management
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:23am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Take out the keeper, best centre half, first choice defensive midfielder and captain from any team and they'd struggle

He hasn’t looked great this season ederson. Haven’t seen Bravo in years, he was always a bit shaky, but don’t think it will be the difference.

Can't agree there.
Granted he was at fault for Southampton's goal on Saturday and possibly Lamela's goal earlier in the season when his positioning was wrong, but other than that he's been faultless and has pulled off big saves at crucial times in games - West Ham and Everton away, Palace away spring to mind 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

City have a poor record at Anfield. 

Would you take a draw Baggio? I certainly would LOL

I think both managers would take a draw if offered it to them and that’s how it will end up IMO.

A Liverpool win makes it a long way back for Pep. 
It’s still early days but Liverpool look like they will end the drought.
They are winning games without playing their best and scoring lots of late goals. 

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:32am

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Can't agree there.
Granted he was at fault for Southampton's goal on Saturday and possibly Lamela's goal earlier in the season when his positioning was wrong, but other than that he's been faultless and has pulled off big saves at crucial times in games - West Ham and Everton away, Palace away spring to mind 

There was also one against Norwich as well where he should have done better.
He’s still a great keeper but just not sure him not being available would swing it that much. 
Now again, I haven’t seen bravo in awhile. He could completely mess up the style of play. If I remember from before he could get himself in a bit of a mess at times.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:40am
Bravo's confidence is bound to be pretty low and he could crumble if he's to play at Anfield in a vital league game
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:49am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

I think both managers would take a draw if offered it to them and that’s how it will end up IMO.

A Liverpool win makes it a long way back for Pep. 
The draw is the most likely outcome and with 2/3rds of the season remaining, Pep might be tempted to take it right now, as he assesses their injuries and form etc.

But I suspect JK will be going all out for a win, since if he gets it, it deals a huge, possibly fatal blow to City's hopes of overhauling them. Whilst they're still ahead in the race even if they lose.
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 11:57am
Liverpool wuld have been big favourites with city's defensive injuries, if Ederson is injured I'll go with the lads 4-1, minus 1 goal bet. €10 large on it Cool
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:04pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

I think the jovial Klopp thing is way overplayed. I've no doubt he's one of the most demanding managers going, much like Guardiola. Obviously different personalities, but from a football perspective I'd say they are both incredibly demanding.

Either way, this is a game where Liverpool should be winning imo. They need to go after City as there is a serious weakness in defense. Last year at Anfield in the 0-0 City were tactically very good, dominated play, but Liverpool were way too timid as well. Liverpool need to go after them from the off. Get a goal early in the game and I think Liverpool will win well. Unless Guardiola does what I believe he should do, play with a very defensive mindset.
Good to see Gabriel Jesus produce the goods again last night Clap

West Ham scouts were in attendance last night.
A bid is said to be imminent.

Don't think he would get much game time with Haller up top, safer staying where he is for the time being.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 12:55pm
Even you couldn't really believe that the Brazil number 9 would be on the bench for West Ham?

Bit like you saying last year that City and Liverpool weren't among the top 6 best teams in Europe
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 1:15pm

Even you couldn't really believe that the Brazil number 9 would be on the bench for West Ham?

Bit like you saying last year that City and Liverpool weren't among the top 6 best teams in Europe
This is the club that played left Javier Mascherano on the bench while playing Hayden Mullins 
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 3:47pm

Let’s be honest he starts for Brazil by default, Firmino a far better player.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2019 at 4:29pm
Probably is, but Haller isn't
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 1:37pm
Guardiola confirms Ederson is out for Sunday.
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 2:00pm
All coming up Liverpool this season, should win this one by 2 or 3
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

All coming up Liverpool this season, should win this one by 2 or 3
Sure is

No injuries, winning when not playing well, scoring late goals.

If they don't win it this year they never will

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2019 at 2:23pm
Bravo

Walker
Otamendi
Fernandinho
Mendy

De Bruyne
Gundogan
B. Silva

Mahrez
Aguero
Sterling

That's what I think the team will be on Sunday

provided Bernardo Silva doesn't get banned for that "racist" tweet. Supposed to find out later today
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 366367368369370 509>
  Share Topic