Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Nothing but admiration for Baggio’s defense of his beloved City over the last 20 hours Clap

Are you in work today Baggio?

Yep, winding down for the holidays, there wasn’t a tap done
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

6 year contract signed by Phil Foden
Unless he's got a very tasty loan lined up for him, then Foden's agent should be binned (imo)

PF is widely considered to be the best young prospect (of many) at City. And as the likes of eg Jadon Sancho has proved, a player of his ability has got to be good enough to hold down a regular place in a good club playing at a high standard.

Yet Foden has yet to start an EPL game for City this season, and only come on as substitute, usually when City are already 3 or 4 ahead, on 8 occasions, for a grand total of 92 mins.

It is hard to see how he can develop to his maximum potential with such sparse game time, and he must know that no matter how well he does over the next 2 or 3 years, City are always liable to spend £50m+ on some 25 y.o. who already has five years and 150 games at a top club, and who'll go straight into the squad ahead of Foden.

Still, Foden's bank balance will look very healthy, as will that of his Agent, so all's well, eh?

BUMP
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:11pm
Thats it.
Congrats to City.
Harsh on Pool but thats football.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 3:14pm
nowhere near over

If city play as sloppily and lethargically as that Wednesday night they won’t win

Burnley away is tricky. Every year theyve been in the EPL they’ve beaten the champions  

Then there’s rat face Rodgers with his in form Leicester side who could win Liverpool the title finally 

And then Brighton away who could be fighting for their lives  
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 4:28pm
only saw the the 2nd half and it was a fairly boring game - knda to be expected after the fun in mid week. Very lucky with that hand ball too
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:20pm
Man City will have to win the 4 remaining games to win the league IMO. 
I think they will win the last 2 as they will have a full weeks rest.

The next 2 are key:
Man U (A)
Burnley (A)

Man U need the points for top 4 and it’s obviously the derby.

For Burnley I think tiredness will be a factor. The 3 spurs games and Man U will have been tough physically and mentally.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 5:45pm
City will win all their remaining games with ease.

They've won the last 10 games too.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 6:55pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Past performance is no indicator of future gains
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

You really believe that? 

I'm normally pessimistic but I fancy United to take points off City. If Brighton and Cardiff go to the last game, then Brighton have every chance of taking something off City. 

If Liverpool win tomorrow it's theirs to lose. 

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2019 at 7:24pm
I still think Liverpool will win it 
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 1:06am

I still think Liverpool will win it 
It's very important to tip your opponents on the INTERNET

They might see the post and get overconfident and lose

There's nothing worse than an INTERNET poster appearing confident the team they support will win and then them losing

It's the humiliation of all humiliations not just on the INTERNET but in life itself - this is SERIOUS BUSINESS

Literal lives have been lost in this manner

I fancy a 7-0 Liverpool win tomorrow and I confidently predict we're going to win all our games from here on in and win the league

AT THE END OF THE STORM IS A GOLDEN SKY

OUR YEAR
The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 4:43am

Originally posted by Territorial Territorial wrote:

6 year contract signed by Phil Foden
Unless he's got a very tasty loan lined up for him, then Foden's agent should be binned (imo)

PF is widely considered to be the best young prospect (of many) at City. And as the likes of eg Jadon Sancho has proved, a player of his ability has got to be good enough to hold down a regular place in a good club playing at a high standard.

Yet Foden has yet to start an EPL game for City this season, and only come on as substitute, usually when City are already 3 or 4 ahead, on 8 occasions, for a grand total of 92 mins.

It is hard to see how he can develop to his maximum potential with such sparse game time, and he must know that no matter how well he does over the next 2 or 3 years, City are always liable to spend £50m+ on some 25 y.o. who already has five years and 150 games at a top club, and who'll go straight into the squad ahead of Foden.

Still, Foden's bank balance will look very healthy, as will that of his Agent, so all's well, eh?

BUMP

I'd say most people were surprised that Foden started that game. He definitely should have seen more game time than he has this season, especially given how dominant City can be in games against lesser opponents in the league. 

He's still very young to be playing at an elite club though. Next year will give a bigger indication of whether he has a future at City or not.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:55am
Yes it was surprising 
The narrative was that Pep doesn’t trust him to start big games and that he’s just signed a new contract to sit on the bench for the next 6 years 
Appears that both were knee jerk over reactions, and that Pep is developing him patiently.
He’ll start even more games next year I’m sure 
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 6:54pm

The narrative was that Pep doesn’t trust [Foden] to start big games and that he’s just signed a new contract to sit on the bench for the next 6 years 
Appears that both were knee jerk over reactions, and that Pep is developing him patiently.
The "narrative" (from me, at least), is that Pep doesn't trust him to start the big games just yet.

Which considering the pressure he (PG) is under, and the other players he has at his disposal, is unsurprising.

Unless you wish to base your case on one start yesterday when half City's players were busted - mentally and/or physically - after Wednesday night's monumental exertions.

Had the PL game come before the CL 2nd leg, do you think Foden would still have started the PL game?

He’ll start even more games next year I’m sure 
No doubt.

That is, even more than two (we're talking PL games, remember)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2019 at 7:04pm
So you expected him to start yesterday before the game?
Ahead of Sane, Mahrez, Silva, Fernandinho?

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 10:09am
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 12:58pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2832648-beyond-the-emptyhad-jokes-searching-for-the-soul-of-manchester-city

Thanks for that, v.interesting.

Curious that the cheapest ST is £310.

The cheapest equivalent at Spurs is £850/£875, but there aren't that many of those available amongst the 42k(?) general ST's available, for which the average price is over £1k, probably nearer £1,500.

(I say "general", since there are another few thousand "Premium" ST's, which I think are £2k+. And that's before you get to the Corporates etc, prices for which are eye-watering) 

Edited by Territorial - 24 Apr 2019 at 12:59pm
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
A phenomenal side with a brilliant manager, bouncing back after the champions league result has been seriously impressive. 

It’s going to take a good side to pip Liverpool but if they win 14 in a row who could possibly argue with that? Hans probably.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 319320321322323 509>
  Share Topic