Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 509>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 11:59am
Originally posted by Double Maxim Double Maxim wrote:

Vincent Kompany is donating this seasons salary to help the homeless in Manchester.

Fair play to him.

Cool
What a rarity! A likeable Kompany and he is neither small or limited!

You could make an argument about where the money is coming from, but then he could argue that's why he is giving it away. Fair play to him.
Sponsored Links

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 12:29pm
With Tyson Fury supposedly giving a lot of the purse from the Wilder fight away to the same charity, the homeless in Manchester are soon going to be rolling in it. (no pun intended)

forza trapp View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote forza trapp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2019 at 4:06pm
I know the homeless situation in Dublin is bad but I was in Manchester last Sunday for Arsenal game and the amount of people sleeping rough is shocking. Fair play to Kompany anyhow.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2019 at 11:06pm
Sane an unused sub today and last week against Arsenal, and was taken off after about 60 mins against Everton in midweek. Probably the only negative of the past week, however Bernardo or Sterling cannot be dropped the way they’re playing at present. Sane is going to have to work to regain his place 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 2:03pm
West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Watford (H)

These are the next three league games over the next ten days. The biggest games of City's season to date.
Win all three and the title could very well be on. Drop any points and it'll most likely be over.
Fernandinho and Laporte are likely to be out until the end of March so will miss these games, Schalke in the return leg and Swansea in the FA Cup. (Fernandinho suspended for Schalke anyway). Stones and Jesus are still out so will miss West Ham at least.

Those injuries, plus the fact that City have looked a bit flat recently, and that games against teams outside the top 6 have been their Achilles heel so far this season, make these games massive.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Feb 2019 at 2:04pm
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 2:47pm
Baggio you should go out drinking with Gavintheslob and you can both talk about how bad the outlook is for your respective teams.

Both teams on course to get 90+ pts this season.
Between the 2 of them they will win the domestic treble.

Fear is the path to the dark side.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 3:18pm
Its not being negative.
City have done very well to get the gap down from 7 points to 1 since the turn of the year.
Indeed, they've also done very well in getting it down from 5 points, the night Liverpool drew at home to Leicester a few weeks ago when they'd a chance to go 7 clear again, to 1, with fine wins over Arsenal and Chelsea and a battling win at Everton.

To go and throw all that good work away with a flat, complacent performance or two, like we saw over Christmas, by dropping points in their next three games, would be critical for their title chances. They can't afford any more slip ups.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 26 Feb 2019 at 3:19pm
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

West Ham (H)
Bournemouth (A)
Watford (H)

These are the next three league games over the next ten days. The biggest games of City's season to date.
Win all three and the title could very well be on. Drop any points and it'll most likely be over.
Fernandinho and Laporte are likely to be out until the end of March so will miss these games, Schalke in the return leg and Swansea in the FA Cup. (Fernandinho suspended for Schalke anyway). Stones and Jesus are still out so will miss West Ham at least.

Those injuries, plus the fact that City have looked a bit flat recently, and that games against teams outside the top 6 have been their Achilles heel so far this season, make these games massive.

ffs Baggio LOL 

As if the title isn't on anyway for City! They're only 1 of 2 teams that are going to win it and a solitary point behind Liverpool. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 5:26pm
The next team to drop points will be crucial IMO

Should City lose again in one of their next few games against West Ham or Bournemouth for example, as they have done to Palace, Leicester and Newcastle recently, then I think it’ll be over for them. Liverpool have given them hope with dropped points recently but if the gap goes back to 4 and all that good work is undone, then I don’t see them making those mistakes again. 
That’s my point 

Equally, if City get back top in the next few games it’ll be a big psychological blow to Liverpool I feel. 
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 5:49pm
I’d fancy City to win them 3 games at a canter 
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2019 at 6:06pm

The next team to drop points will be crucial IMO

Should City lose again in one of their next few games against West Ham or Bournemouth for example, as they have done to Palace, Leicester and Newcastle recently, then I think it’ll be over for them. Liverpool have given them hope with dropped points recently but if the gap goes back to 4 and all that good work is undone, then I don’t see them making those mistakes again. 
That’s my point 

Equally, if City get back top in the next few games it’ll be a big psychological blow to Liverpool I feel. 

There isn't a hope Liverpool will win all their remaining league games anyway so let's forget that.

I reckon both sides will drop points from between 2 - 4 fixtures each so it'll be very very tight without stating the obvious.

Right now City look like they have the momentum to get over the line and win the title but that could all change very quickly. 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:20pm
Just about got the job done tonight despite totally dominating the ball and missing a handful of chances.
Ederson made a great save at 0-0
Sane was brutal apparently. Looks like Bernardo and Sterling are the first choice wingers now with Sane and Mahrez in reserve.
And in news that will delight Brendan, Bhob and Mark Ogden - Phil Foden got a run out 

Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 6:30am

Just about got the job done tonight despite totally dominating the ball and missing a handful of chances.
Sane was brutal apparently. Looks like Bernardo and Sterling are the first choice wingers now with Sane and Mahrez in reserve.
And in news that will delight Brendan, Bhob and Mark Ogden - Phil Foden got a run out 

It was a great opportunity for Sane and Mahrez to impress after not starting in the cup final but apparently both were dung.
Not what city need with so many games coming up.

If City get to the 1/2 finals of the champions league and FA cup that’s going to be a lot of games over the next few months.

Foden is not trusted by Pep and won’t start and big games.

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 8:13am
I still think they'll win the league
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:07pm

Bernardo Silva looks a much better player in the middle of the park! De Bruyne not up to speed after his injury and David Silva looking rusty of late.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I still think they'll win the league

Ah you can't be saying that now.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Bernardo Silva looks a much better player in the middle of the park! De Bruyne not up to speed after his injury and David Silva looking rusty of late.

Too many knee injuries. Has to be a concern at this point if he'll ever get back to the level he was at last season.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2019 at 12:27pm
What are the views on the soft peno last night ?

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 311312313314315 509>
  Share Topic