You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Man City Thread*******

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 509>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 4:25pm
Originally posted by bhob bhob wrote:

Trials for 2-4 year olds LOL

What's the criteria? If he can walk he's in?

Edited by Territorial - 09 Jan 2019 at 4:35pm
Sponsored Links

Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 5:17pm

It was on Facebook ffs, and you believe it or Gary Sleepy
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Iheanacho?
To be honest the answer I had was Shaun Wright Philips. I was using Soccerway as a source, which covnerts everything to Euro. Seems SWP's 21m pounds in 2005 was worth €31m, whereas Ihaneacho's 25m pounds in 2017 was only worth €27.7m.

But yeah Iheanacho is probably right as I assume City deal in pounds or Quaiti dollars
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:47pm
KDB needs game time but why start D Silva over Foden...

Very strong City team - they should finish this off tonight.

bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 7:51pm
Great to see a few of the young lads at City getting a chance tonight LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 8:36pm

And Liverpool were criticized for going out of the Fa Cup with a weakened team.

So which is it?

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

So which is it?

Liverpool still played a strong enough side away to Wolves, the players just didn't perform. City are at home to Burton a team playing in league 1, I think they could have afforded to not play a lot of their regular league players.

City could easily have played a weakened team or a few youngsters so they could get a few extra quid on them when they inevitably sell them in the next few years. 
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

It was on Facebook ffs, and you believe it or Gary Sleepy
Read my post, I knew someone like you would question facebook.

It was copied by a reputable coaching page onto facebook.

They are not known for their sensationalism.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 9:04am

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

So which is it?

Liverpool still played a strong enough side away to Wolves, the players just didn't perform. City are at home to Burton a team playing in league 1, I think they could have afforded to not play a lot of their regular league players.

City could easily have played a weakened team or a few youngsters so they could get a few extra quid on them when they inevitably sell them in the next few years. 

LOLLOL

That's twice this week now you've been moaning about City lineups, games they've won 7-0 and 9-0.

Perhaps Klopp and Guardiola should consult you before selecting their teams in future.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Jan 2019 at 9:05am
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:34am
I wouldn't consider it moaning, just an observation that they're a club who've invested millions into their youth development, are now looking at 2-4 year olds for trials and yet they're unwilling to give very few youth players a chance even in games where they're clearly going to batter the opposition.

You even posted yourself about how much money they've made from selling youth players. They needs to sell 13 youth players to buy 2 first team players essentially.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:43am
United played Burton in the third round of that competition last season and their team was:

Romero, Darmien, Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Herrera, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford

City started Muric and Garcia and Foden got 35 minutes and a goal.
There'll be plenty of youth players playing in the second leg i'm sure, you'll be happy then.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 10:48am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

United played Burton in the third round of that competition last season and their team was:

Romero, Darmien, Lindelof, Smalling, Blind, Herrera, Carrick, Lingard, Mata, Martial, Rashford

There'll be plenty of youth players playing in the second leg i'm sure, you'll be happy then.

So what you're saying is United, a club who like to lick their own ball bag about bringing through youth players, played 11 senior internationally cappe d players against the same opposition just over 12 months ago? Yet a United fan is on here admonishing City for playing a strong side against Burton.

I look forward to his response LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

I pointed out how City are sh*te at bringing through youth players and you're using United as a benchmark? The team who, since something like 1937 have had an academy graduate in their match day squad. Brilliant example there Vaggio Clap

I see your little BF has come storming in too LOL
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:18pm
I pointed to United as the example to prove your hypocrisy, as they're the team you support, plus they were playing the same opposition at home in the same competition, only last season. Pretty fair barometer to use i'd have thought?
You never commented when that team was named by Mourinho last season, nor did anyone else.
Its laughable the moaning done about City these days by fans of other clubs.
Between Jamie Jackson demanding that Foden go and seek a transfer when the team was named last night, Mark Ogden slamming City as disrespectful and showing poor professional etiquette because they tried, and the masses of obsessive fans on other platforms. You've got to laugh. They've turned into what they once mocked.

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 10 Jan 2019 at 12:18pm
bhob View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

YBIGs Donald Trump

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:25pm
So you're upset because your beloved club don't give youth a chance and everyone pointing it out offends you to the point where you get very upset.

Also how do you know the team selected by Mourinho last season in that game didn't annoy me? I find that the cup games are great chance to give the youth players an opportunity to play in the first team regardless of the club.
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:26pm
The best part of it all is that United fans don't have any notion what they have turned into LOL whinging about Man Citys starting 11 in a league Cup SF as regards bringing through youth players. All the while, their own club appointed a manager with an awful history of promoting young players, a manager if he had his way would most definitely had sold the likes of Martial last summer and replaced him with a player 6/7 years older. A set up that was looking only at the immediate issues in the team and not the longer term progress. All the while certain fans on here were lauding said manager. The hypocrisy is a sight to behold LOL
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:29pm

So you're upset because your beloved club don't give youth a chance and everyone pointing it out offends you to the point where you get very upset.

Also how do you know the team selected by Mourinho last season in that game didn't annoy me? I find that the cup games are great chance to give the youth players an opportunity to play in the first team regardless of the club.

No, I'm far from upset about it. Lets not be a drama queen for a change.

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2019 at 12:46pm
Jesus the amount of diatribe on here, way too much flexing of the fingers going on, few of yis need to do a mole man and go missing for a while
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 305306307308309 509>
  Share Topic